Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》

List of All Articles with Tag 'ot'

New shooting mars election campaign in Ecuador
New shooting mars election campaign in Ecuador
Another shootout prompts a call to tackle gang violence ahead of Sunday's presidential vote.
2023-08-20 02:29
Many Brighton players capable of scoring like Kaoru Mitoma’s stunner – De Zerbi
Many Brighton players capable of scoring like Kaoru Mitoma’s stunner – De Zerbi
Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi said plenty of players in his squad were capable of scoring goals like Kaoru Mitoma’s stunning effort in his side’s 4-1 Premier League win at Wolves. The Seagulls sit top of the table after a clinical display at Molineux, with Japan winger Mitoma, Pervis Estupinan and Solly March’s double making it eight goals in two league matches. De Zerbi, who dedicated his side’s win to former Italian coach Carlo Mazzone – who died on Saturday aged 86 – said he was not surprised by Mitoma’s mesmeric run and finish, which gave his side a slender half-time lead. The Italian head coach said: “Mitoma is a top player and when you have a top player you can expect goals like today. “We have not only Mitoma. We have Joao Pedro, (Julio) Enciso, (Danny) Welbeck, (Adam) Lallana, (Evan) Ferguson, (Simon) Adingra, (Solly) March, (Facundo) Buonanotte. I think we are in a very good condition in attack.” Winger March converted two crosses by Paraguayan teenager Julio Enciso after lung-busting runs into the box and now has three goals in two games. De Zerbi said: “I spoke with him (March) last season and the beginning of this season. I want him to score more goals. For him and for us. “If the winger can score a lot of goals, if you check the teams at the top of the table anywhere, the big teams, they have wingers able to score 10 or 15 goals.” Brighton put Wolves to the sword with three goals in nine minutes at the start of the second half and do not appear to be missing midfield pair Moises Caicedo and Alexis Mac Allister, who have departed to Chelsea and Liverpool respectively. But De Zerbi said he hopes to sign a new midfielder, plus one other player before the transfer window closes on September 1. “I think we have to go into the transfer market,” he added. “Without Caicedo, we have to play in different ways.” Wolves manager Gary O’Neil has lost both matches in charge of the club after replacing Julen Lopetegui earlier this month. O’Neil’s side began brightly after impressing in their narrow 1-0 defeat at Manchester United in their opening match, but were brutally punished by Brighton for failing to take their chances. The former Bournemouth boss said: “I didn’t think it was worlds apart. The scoreline will obviously make most people believe it was, but it wasn’t miles apart. “Look at the numbers, shots, chances created. But yeah, you can’t miss that many chances. “It was an aggressive gameplan. We tried to go after Brighton when we could, pressed high and managed to regain the ball a few times. “There’s risk attached to that, so when we win the ball back and have our chances, we need to score because when it goes to the other end, Brighton were extremely clinical with theirs.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Marco Silva confirms Aleksandar Mitrovic is joining Al Hilal Jurgen Klopp to consider appeal against Alexis Mac Allister’s red card Reds hit back after shaky start, while Brighton and Brentford also win
2023-08-20 02:26
Crystal Palace vs Arsenal: TV channel, team news, lineups & prediction
Crystal Palace vs Arsenal: TV channel, team news, lineups & prediction
Previewing Crystal Palace's Premier League clash with Arsenal at Selhurst Park, including how to watch on TV, live stream, predicted lineups & prediction.
2023-08-20 02:20
Women’s World Cup final LIVE: England prepare for ‘game of our lives’ against Spain
Women’s World Cup final LIVE: England prepare for ‘game of our lives’ against Spain
England are counting down the hours until they play in their first Women’s World Cup final as Sarina Wiegman and her players prepare to face Spain for the title in Sydney on Sunday morning (kick-off 11am BST). It’s the first time the England men’s or women’s team have reached a football World Cup final since 1966, with the nation set to come to a halt as the Lionesses look to bring the game’s biggest prize back home. Wiegman is well aware of the 57 years of hurt that the nation has endured but said the Lionesses will feel the support of the country back home when they face Spain, while captain Millie Bright said England will need to play the “game of our lives” in Sydney. Meanwhile, Sweden picked up their fourth Women’s World Cup bronze medal on Saturday after beating co-hosts Australia 2-0 in the third-place playoff match at Lang Park in Brisbane. Follow all the build-up to England’s clash against Spain in the final, get all the latest Women’s World Cup odds here and find latest tips for the game itself here. Read More England stand on the brink of history — and a moment to change the game forever Ella Toone or Lauren James? Sarina Wiegman has already made the biggest decision of England’s World Cup Sarina Wiegman: ‘Stop talking about the result — we know what we want’
2023-08-20 02:19
Marco Silva confirms Aleksandar Mitrovic is joining Al Hilal
Marco Silva confirms Aleksandar Mitrovic is joining Al Hilal
Marco Silva has confirmed Aleksandar Mitrovic will be leaving Fulham after a deal was agreed with Al Hilal following the 3-0 home loss to Brentford in the Premier League. The Serbian striker was absent from the squad ahead of his move to the Saudi Pro League and was replaced by summer signing Raul Jimenez, who drew a second straight blank when leading the line. Silva mentioned Mitrovic forced his way out of the club after it was reported in July the 28-year-old said he would never play for the west London side again if an agreement was not found. “He is on the way to leave the club,” Silva said. “I got information from the club after the match, both clubs have got an agreement and now it’s the moment where it is the finish of Mitrovic in our club. “As you know he forced everything to leave the club, he wanted to leave the club and until the moment that the the board found a financial agreement we kept him at our football club but at the end they reached an agreement and now for us we keep playing without him. “Football players are human as well, the situation with the market – sometimes they are thinking about other stuff because it was not just Mitrovic in our club (who had interest from other teams) during the last three or four weeks. “I will talk to him tomorrow and in two days’ time because our relationship is there forever.” Yoane Wissa’s first-half strike and a Bryan Mbeumo double sealed all three points for Thomas Frank’s men in a dominant display away from home, with Fulham skipper Tim Ream shown a red card. The Bees boss lauded the strike partnership who have scored five times between them in their opening two games despite the absence of star man Ivan Toney. Frank said: “I think they are two good players no doubt about that. Bryan has been so good in the four or five years he has been here with us. “Wissa we knew is a goalscorer and I think he can play winger or nine, he could arguably of got one or two more today. “It means a lot that in the last two games our strikers have scored five goals and that gives us even more confidence. “There’s a good understanding between Bryan and Wissa and I think Kevin (Schade) and Keane (Lewis-Potter) are also adding to it.” Today’s win extended Brentford’s unbeaten run in London derbies to 11 Premier League games and Frank credited the role of their vocal supporters which galvanized his team. He added: “The supporters were fantastic. “I am so pleased for them that they got this derby win and this was 100 per cent for the supporters and I hope they have a wonderful evening down the Thames in the pubs.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Jurgen Klopp to consider appeal against Alexis Mac Allister’s red card Reds hit back after shaky start, while Brighton and Brentford also win Tottenham fans stage protest over ticket price increases ahead of Man Utd match
2023-08-20 02:15
Jurgen Klopp to consider appeal against Alexis Mac Allister’s red card
Jurgen Klopp to consider appeal against Alexis Mac Allister’s red card
Jurgen Klopp suggested Liverpool will appeal against Alexis Mac Allister’s dismissal after his side came from behind to beat Bournemouth 3-1 at Anfield. In a dramatic home opener, Liverpool needed goals from Luis Diaz, Mo Salah and Diogo Jota to respond to a third-minute strike from Antoine Semenyo, and played the final half an hour with 10 men after Mac Allister’s home debut was cut short in the 58th minute. The World Cup winner was shown a straight red by referee Thomas Bramall after catching Ryan Christie with a high boot, but the decision looked harsh. “I think the amount of times I was asked about it shows it’s worth discussing again, which we will probably do,” Klopp said. “I asked Macca and he said, ‘I touched him but not really’. That’s all he told me. “After the game I saw it back. I think if you have a list of points, what we need to give a red card, besides contact there’s nothing else, no other boxes ticked. “It’s a decision we all agree if he gives a yellow card VAR would not overturn it and if he gives a red card VAR will not overturn it because contact means it’s not a clear and obvious mistake. “But now the punishment, 40 minutes with 10 men is already punishment enough. But let’s see, we have to talk to the authorities.” Liverpool were leading 2-1 when Mac Allister was sent off, but far from retreating, they seemed fired up by the sense of injustice, with Joto scoring the third four minutes later. That all came after a torrid start from Klopp’s side. A bright and energetic Bournemouth side had already seen a Jaidon Anthony goal ruled out for offside following a defensive mix-up when Semenyo punished more lax play by drilling in the opening goal after only three minutes. Liverpool soon had another scare with goalkeeper Alisson felling Anthony on the edge of the box after misplacing a pass, his punishment limited to a yellow card with Ibrahima Konate covering. “The start of the game was obviously not how we wanted it,” Klopp said. “We conceded the first goal after a minute and then it was offside so you think that’s the wake-up call we needed. “Then we concede another goal two minutes later and then there’s a yellow card for our goalie so it’s not what you need but you are working with human beings so you have to figure it out.” An improvised finish from Diaz levelled it, and Liverpool led after Salah tucked in the rebound from his own missed penalty in the 36th minute, his 187th Liverpool goal taking him to fifth all-time above Steven Gerrard. The spot-kick was awarded when summer signing Dominik Szoboszlai made the most of a dangling leg from Joe Rothwell to go down in the box. It looked soft, and came after Bournemouth had a penalty shout of their own when, with the score still 1-0 to the visitors, former Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke went down when sandwiched by Virgil van Dijk and Andy Robertson. “In both cases I wouldn’t call it a penalty,” said Bournemouth boss Andoni Iraola. “It wasn’t clear and obvious. It has to be something that affects the game and is clear. These are difficult decisions… “I think we started really well. We had a disallowed goal, we created other chances and after they scored and they pushed we had to defend and I think we did pretty well during the first half because they were putting pressure on and I was happy with the performance. “In this kind of match you need some kinds of moments to go your way, key things that took us far from the points, especially the penalty. We were competing and this penalty was important for them.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Reds hit back after shaky start, while Brighton and Brentford also win Tottenham fans stage protest over ticket price increases ahead of Man Utd match Solly March bags brace as Brighton beat Wolves to go top of Premier League
2023-08-20 01:52
Man City vs Newcastle LIVE: Premier League team news and latest updates today
Man City vs Newcastle LIVE: Premier League team news and latest updates today
Fresh off an opening-day win over Burnley and a hard-fought midweek Super Cup triumph over Sevilla, Manchester City face an early test of their title credentials by welcoming Newcastle United to the Etihad Stadium this evening. City were pushed all the way by Sevilla on Wednesday night before eventually winning on penalties but it was additional stress they probably could have done without and Newcastle may sense an opportunity, especially with the injuries City are facing – talisman Kevin De Bruyne set to spend months on the sidelines with a hamstring concern, while the likes of John Stones, Ruben Dias and Bernardo Silva are all either confirmed out or doubts. Meanwhile, the Magpies will be full of confidence after brilliantly beating Aston Villa 5-1 on the opening day to suggest that they’re ready to build on last season’s top-four finish. A result at the Etihad would certainly be a statement from Eddie Howe’s men but they might just fancy catching City at an opportune moment, even though they’ll be led in attack by the irrepressible Erling Haaland. Follow the action from the Premier League match below. Read More Manchester City would be ‘killed’ if we spent like Chelsea have – Pep Guardiola Lewis Hall set to join Newcastle after agreement reached with Chelsea Manchester City’s Super Cup victory shows that Cole Palmer is a gem to be treasured
2023-08-20 01:47
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin snubs Women’s World Cup final
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin snubs Women’s World Cup final
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin will not be attending the Women’s World Cup final, despite the European confederation having two teams at the Sydney final in Spain and England. Uefa will instead be represented by Nadine Kessler, technical director of the women’s game for the body. Ceferin’s absence is the latest in a series of snubs from figures who purportedly support or represent the women’s game, including president of the FA Prince William, and UK prime minister Rishi Sunak. The length of the journey to Australia was put down as a primary reason for Ceferin’s snub. Fifa president Gianni Infantino will be present at Sunday’s final, although he created controversy of his own on Friday with a bizarre speech that encouraged women to “just push the doors” saying that they have the “power to convince us men” in the fight for equality. Many were left in a dumbfounded state of disbelief once more as yet another insensitive Infantino speech surfaced, this time at a Fifa women’s football convention in Sydney in the build-up to the World Cup final. “And I say to all the women – and you know I have four daughters, so I have a few at home – I say to all the women, that you have the power to change,” the president said, in a strange attempt to show that he somehow relates to the struggles of women in football with his use the father-of-daughters narrative. “Pick the right battles. Pick the right fights. You have the power to change. You have the power to convince us men what we have to do and what we don’t have to do. You do it. Just do it. “With men, with Fifa, you will find open doors. Just push the doors. They are open. And do it also at national level, in every country, at continental level, in every confederation. Just keep pushing, keep the momentum, keep dreaming, and let’s really go for a full equality.” His comments were deemed “patronising” and were quickly criticised, providing an unwelcome throwback to statements he made at last year’s men’s World Cup in Qatar where he gave his infamous speech, including the phrases “today I feel gay” and “today I feel disabled”. Read More ‘It’s so patronising’: Gianni Infantino criticised for comments on women ahead of World Cup final Prince William apologises for missing Lionesses World Cup final: ‘Good luck’ Unless they’re on Branson’s space rocket, there’s no good reason for Wills and Rishi not to fly out to cheer on the Lionesses
2023-08-20 01:29
Florida Gators: Graham Mertz mania is reaching another level in Gainesville
Florida Gators: Graham Mertz mania is reaching another level in Gainesville
The love Florida has for its transfer quarterback Graham Mertz is certainly a sight to see.If Graham Mertz is as good as Florida thinks he is, well, the Gators have just landed themselves the next Joe Burrow in the transfer portal.Mertz was a highly sought-after recruit coming out of high sc...
2023-08-20 01:22
College football realignment: Could Big Ten force Notre Dame to join conference?
College football realignment: Could Big Ten force Notre Dame to join conference?
If the Big Ten were to go to 10 conference games, that might set in motion nationally-independent Notre Dame to finally join a league in football.Manny Navarro of The Athletic brought up a very interesting thought in his Oddly specific predictions for every Top 25 college football team: What if ...
2023-08-20 00:54
Tottenham vs Manchester United LIVE: Premier League latest score and goal updates today
Tottenham vs Manchester United LIVE: Premier League latest score and goal updates today
Tottenham Hotspur are taking on Manchester United in the Premier League as both sides look to build on underwhelming an opening weekend with a statement win today. Spurs drew 2-2 at Brentford in their first match under new manager Ange Postecoglou and since the departure of talisman Harry Kane. Speaking ahead of his first home game, the Australian coach said he is determined to turn the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium into a fortress. “If you want to make it a place where we see it as an advantage, you have got to make sure the experience for opposition clubs is not a pleasant one,” Postecoglou said this week. United picked up all three points at home to Wolves but it was by no means a convincing performance and Erik ten Hag has called for much better against Tottenham, particularly from his midfield trio of Casemiro, Bruno Fernandes and summer signing Mason Mount. “It’s a new midfield and we have step up there,” he said. “We have to improve in possession. We were absolutely not good.” Follow the action from the Premier League match below. Read More Ange Postecoglou promises to bring Spurs fans joy after Nick Cave inspiration Manchester United’s new-look midfield must click quickly – Erik ten Hag
2023-08-20 00:47
Liverpool 3-1 Bournemouth: Player ratings as Mac Allister sees Red in comeback victory
Liverpool 3-1 Bournemouth: Player ratings as Mac Allister sees Red in comeback victory
Player ratings as goals from Luis Diaz, Diogo Jota and Mohamed Salah secured a comeback win for Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday against Bournemouth.
2023-08-20 00:29
«381382383384»