
Vinicius Junior concerned by new injury; Real Madrid confirm Camavinga knee issue
Vinicius Junior had a worrying injury update for Real Madrid fans after being forced off for Brazil.
2023-11-17 19:58

Argentina’s Heartland Shows Quandary of Election Choice Few Want
Marcela Moreno, a preschool teacher in the central Argentine province of Cordoba, voted for libertarian economist Javier Milei
2023-11-17 19:57

TikTok responds to reports of users sharing letter from bin Laden
TikTok is “proactively and aggressively” removing posts seemingly glorifying Osama bin Laden, it has said. A series of videos that shared a letter from bin Laden justifying the 9/11 attacks were published across the platform, and TikTok said it was “investigating” how it had happened. But it also said that reports about the spread of the posts had been exaggerated, and that the number of videos was actually small. The controversy began in recent days after a host of videos were highlighted by journalist Yashar Ali, in a tweet. He said there were “thousands of TikToks (at least)” that shared the letter from bin Laden. “The TikToks are from people of all ages, races, ethnicities, and backgrounds. Many of them say that reading the letter has opened their eyes, and they’ll never see geopolitical matters the same way again,” he said. “Many of them — and I have watched a lot — say it has made them reevaluate their perspective on how what is often labeled as terrorism can be a legitimate form of resistance to a hostile power.” The tweet led to criticism of TikTok as well as its users, including from the White House. “There is never a justification for spreading the repugnant, evil and antisemitic lies that the leader of Al Qaeda issued just after committing the worst terrorist attack in American history,” a spokesperson said. TikTok said however that the spread of the posts had been relatively limited and that it was not true that the videos were trending. “Content promoting this letter clearly violates our rules on supporting any form of terrorism,” the company wrote on its TikTok account. “We are proactively and aggressively removing this content and investigating how it got onto our platform. “The number of videos on TikTok is small and reports of it trending on our platform are inaccurate. This is not unique to TikTok and has appeared across multiple platforms and the media.” TikTok does not provide readily accessible information about the spread of posts on its platform. Some of the videos had tens of thousands of likes and views. Many of the TikToks pointed to a copy of the letter that had been posted on The Guardian’s website. As it began to spread, the newspaper removed the page, replacing it with a note that it was lacking “the full context” and instead directed readers to a news article about the original letter. Read More TikTok launches feature to save songs to music apps like Spotify Elon Musk weighs in on the scooped bagel debate ICO seeks permission to appeal against Clearview AI tribunal ruling
2023-11-17 19:52

Germany to Lend South Africa €500 Million for Energy Switch
Germany, through its KfW development bank, will on Friday sign an agreement to lend South Africa €500 million
2023-11-17 19:52

Meloni Says Italy’s Asylum Plan Could be European Model
Italy’s European partners have expressed interest in its deal to hold migrants in Albania and process their asylum
2023-11-17 19:50

New Found Completes Keats Trench Excavation and Phase 1 Mapping Program, Exposes High-Grade East-West Vein
VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 17, 2023--
2023-11-17 19:49

Tony Christie defies dementia with new album
Tony Christie is releasing a new album in early 2023.
2023-11-17 19:49

Eliza Rose and Calvin Harris drop new house tune Body Moving
Eliza Rose and Calvin Harris have released 'Body Moving' after meeting in Ibiza last summer.
2023-11-17 19:46

Treasuries see first weekly outflow since Feb as investors buy stocks
LONDON U.S. Treasury funds recorded their first outflow since February in the week to Wednesday, as global investors
2023-11-17 19:30

ECB’s Holzmann Says Rate Cut in Second Quarter Would be Too Soon
The European Central Bank won’t cut interest rates in the second quarter, Governing Council member Robert Holzmann said,
2023-11-17 19:30

Italy bans lab-grown meat in nod to farmers
The government has hailed the new law, which came as a farmers' group scuffled with two MPs.
2023-11-17 19:29

Futures drift higher as yields slip
U.S. stock index futures edged higher on Friday as Treasury yields extended declines from the previous session, and
2023-11-17 19:26