Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
How is Kevin Costner moving on? 'Yellowstone' actor's ex-wife Christine Baumgartner finds happiness after vacating the house
How is Kevin Costner moving on? 'Yellowstone' actor's ex-wife Christine Baumgartner finds happiness after vacating the house
'Christine [Baumgartner] is following the legal advice per the prenup and is vacating the family house,' said a source
2023-08-13 04:55
Pep Guardiola prepared to fight Barcelona to keep Ilkay Gundogan
Pep Guardiola prepared to fight Barcelona to keep Ilkay Gundogan
Pep Guardiola has discussed Ilkay Gundogan's Manchester City future amid interest from La Liga giants Barcelona this summer.
2023-06-19 21:53
Webb telescope's photo of Saturn looks really weird. Here's why.
Webb telescope's photo of Saturn looks really weird. Here's why.
Hello, Saturn. The James Webb Space Telescope — the powerful observatory that often views galaxies
2023-07-01 22:15
Pride events cancelled across Florida due to ‘climate of fear’ after DeSantis’s anti-LGBT+ laws
Pride events cancelled across Florida due to ‘climate of fear’ after DeSantis’s anti-LGBT+ laws
Pride organisers in Florida have called off events that were to take place during the Pride Month in the wake of the latest anti-LGBT+ laws signed by Florida governor Ron DeSantis. Organisers based in the town of St Cloud outside Orlando announced on Thursday that they have cancelled the upcoming 10 June event, saying they are aware that it is “unsafe to hold the event”. “As you know, Florida has recently passed a number of laws that target the LGBTQIA+ community. These laws have created a climate of fear and hostility for LGBTQIA+ people in Florida,” the organisers said. “We believe that holding an LGBTQIA+ event in this environment would put our community at risk.” Officials and organisers in Port St Lucie city announced the cancellation of Pride parades last month and limitation of other activities for those who are 21 years or older. Mr DeSantis, a 2024 presidential hopeful, has signed several bills last week that banned gender-affirming care for minors, restricted pronoun use in schools and forced individuals to use restrooms corresponding with their biological sex – an expansion of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill enacted into law last year. The laws have been dubbed as a “slate of hate” by activists and opponents. The new laws will target drag shows in the state, limit the use of preferred pronouns for pupils in schools, and ban trans people from using public bathrooms that do not match with their gender assigned at birth. NAACP, a civil rights group, issued a formal travel advisory for Florida, stating that the state has become “openly hostile toward African Americans, people of colour and LGBTQ+ individuals”. It denounced the state’s "aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programmes in Florida schools”. LGBT+ advocacy group Equality Florida also issued a similar advisory after Mr DeSantis signed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill into law. "That law, along with additional proposals being considered, has turned the state’s classrooms into political battlefields and is telegraphing to LGBTQ families and students that they are not welcome in Florida," the group said. Florida’s Lake County Pride, however, pushed back against the laws, saying: “No unconstitutional law will keep us from celebrating our PRIDE event”. “Lake County Pride will never back down, and we stood firm and united in fighting against the "Drag Ban,” it said. Read More E Jean Carroll targets Trump again after his derogatory CNN town hall smears MLK’s daughter backs call for tourists to boycott ‘racist’ Florida and blasts Cruz Founder of student aid startup Frank pleads not guilty to fraud Haley vs. Scott: From South Carolina allies to 2024 rivals Who is Tim Scott? 5 things to know about the newest 2024 GOP presidential candidate Two fishermen bitten by sharks just hours apart in the Florida Keys
2023-05-23 11:51
Community Coffee Launches Bosque Ranch Craft Coffee Brand
Community Coffee Launches Bosque Ranch Craft Coffee Brand
BATON ROUGE, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 23, 2023--
2023-06-24 01:49
Enzo Fernandez reveals Paulo Dybala conversation over Chelsea transfer
Enzo Fernandez reveals Paulo Dybala conversation over Chelsea transfer
Enzo Fernandez admits speaking to Paulo Dybala over a summer transfer to Chelsea.
2023-07-11 23:22
Zac Efron Then and Now: 'High School Musical' heartthrob's transformation through the years
Zac Efron Then and Now: 'High School Musical' heartthrob's transformation through the years
From his innocent blue eyes in 'High School Musical' to his killer abs in 'Down To Earth', Zac Efron has changed a lot. Check out his incredible transformation here
2023-10-01 21:58
Women’s football ‘could be billion-pound industry’ claims Karen Carney
Women’s football ‘could be billion-pound industry’ claims Karen Carney
Women’s football could be a billion-pound industry within 10 years if it gets the right investment now, according to the chair of a new independent review. Former England international Karen Carney’s review panel has called for wide-ranging reform at the elite and grassroots level of domestic football to fully capitalise on the Lionesses’ Euros success last summer. Among the key calls in the review to grow the women’s game published a week before the start of the Women’s World Cup are: The creation of a fully professional environment in the top two tiers, with a minimum ‘salary floor’ in the Women’s Super League from 2025-26, gold standard physical and mental healthcare provision, a world-leading parental leave package and full union representation. A redirecting of some funding from the men’s FA Cup prize pot to support the women’s game. Identification of a new strategic partner to invest in improving the talent pathway and academy structure. A dedicated broadcast slot – possibly Saturday 3pm, if women’s football can be exempted from the blackout period with the support of the football authorities. Carney recognises many of the measures outlined in the review will require significant investment but said: “Women’s football is a start-up business. “If you’re starting something you have to have an influx of money. In 10 years’ time I really do believe this sport could be a billion-pound industry. “But these standards and these requirements for investment are the foundation that will lead us to that point. “I really do think we can make that (investment) back.” Carney said the review’s aim was to introduce minimum standards across all areas of the game, and insisted that even though there were significant cost implications for clubs and the FA in particular, this was not something anyone in the game could afford to ignore. “I have to have every confidence that these recommendations will be implemented and with urgency,” she said. “This should never, ever sit on the shelf, it’s got to stand for something. “Do I want players going on the NHS (to get treatment for injuries)? No. Do I want players to be using bin bags for curtains? No I don’t. “I understand there is going to be a lot of pushback, people saying that it’s a big investment piece, but that’s what is needed now. “In 2011 when the WSL was launched, I bet the same conversations happened then (with people saying) ‘it’s a lot of money we’ve got to find’. “Even I thought that at the time. But that has led us to this point, now we’re further along we need to get to the next point.” An independent women’s football review was recommended in the 2021 fan-led review of football governance, and was commissioned by the Government in September last year. In all the 128-page report, formally titled ‘Raising The Bar: Reframing the opportunity in women’s football’, has produced 10 recommendations, primarily focused on ensuring minimum standards are met on a range of areas. There are some interesting details within it. For example, it calls for a new unit, funded by the Football Association, to research issues affecting female footballers such as the greater prevalence of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries among women compared to men. It calls for a fully professionalised environment in the top two tiers of the women’s game, including the introduction of a minimum salary in the Women’s Super League by 2025-26 and an increase in contact time between clubs and players in the Championship from eight hours a week to 20 by 2027-28. It also says there should be full union representation for all players in the top two divisions. However, it rejected the idea of a US-style closed format for the top two tiers, something it said was being considered by an FA working group handling the transition of the WSL and Championship to ownership by a new company. The review calls for a redirection of some of the men’s FA Cup prize pot of £20m as a solidarity contribution, in particular to help Women’s Championship clubs meet some of the minimum standards the review sets out. It highlights a lack of investment in the talent pathways, with Carney pointing out the need to “kickstart” progress with a strategic partner. Asked if that could include an organisation such as the Saudi Public Investment Fund, she said that would be a decision for the new company which takes over ownership of the WSL and the Championship from 2024-25. Carney accepted there were “pros and cons” of trying to seek an exemption for women’s football from the Saturday afternoon blackout period but added: “We need stakeholders to have an adult conversation and say ‘how can we help women’s football?’ “At the moment it’s really saturated, the time slots are not really working. I have to say the Premier League have been brilliant, and the EFL, everyone wants to help.” The review also called on the FA to address a lack of diversity in the game, first by auditing the existing workforce and then by creating a workforce strategy. Read More Lionesses bonus row could drag on until after World Cup Lucy Bronze says ‘it’s a shame’ women have to fight for change amid bonus row Let’s be thankful we have sport to escape our country’s bleak reality Lionesses bonus row could drag on until after World Cup Mason Mount echoes iconic Manchester United No 7 in energetic debut Kai Havertz, Declan Rice and Jurrien Timber – this is Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal now
2023-07-13 15:28
Ukraine war: Odesa region port facilities hit in Russian drone attack
Ukraine war: Odesa region port facilities hit in Russian drone attack
A grain silo has been damaged and fires have broken out in the Odesa region, local officials say.
2023-08-02 12:56
US imposes new sanctions aimed at choking off Russia's access to battlefield supplies and revenue
US imposes new sanctions aimed at choking off Russia's access to battlefield supplies and revenue
The U.S. has imposed sanctions on roughly 120 firms and people in an effort to choke off Moscow’s access to products, money and financial channels that support its continued invasion of Ukraine
2023-07-21 01:19
Was your flight canceled due to bad weather? What you need to know about rebooking, refunds and more
Was your flight canceled due to bad weather? What you need to know about rebooking, refunds and more
Hundreds of thousands of air travelers are facing potential flight cancellations and delays this weekend, the peak of summer travel, as thunderstorms threaten the East Coast, West Coast and points in between
2023-06-30 21:57
The misleading narrative of Oleksandr Usyk vs Daniel Dubois
The misleading narrative of Oleksandr Usyk vs Daniel Dubois
It is the hardest week in the boxing life and times of Daniel Dubois. On Saturday night, at an outdoor venue in Poland, he will walk to the ring first and listen as nearly 40,000 cheer for Ukrainian fighting and boxing idol Oleksandr Usyk. It is a unique set of events, a world heavyweight title fight packed with emotion and pride for Usyk and the millions of Ukrainians living in Poland or close to the border. It is a homecoming made necessary away from home, a vital piece of resistance in the bloody war. Usyk will be fighting closer to his Kyiv home than he has in eight years; the 36-year-old, remember, won his cruiserweight world titles on the road in Poland, Latvia and Russia. He defended the belts against local fighters in Germany, America and England. He is a boxing treasure, unbeaten now in 20 fights, an Olympic gold medalist, a volunteer in the Ukraine defence force. He might just be changing the dictionary definition of ‘national idol’. • Get all the latest Usyk vs Dubois betting sites’ offers In late 2021, he won the three heavyweight belts that he still holds by beating Anthony Joshua at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, fewer than 15 miles from where Joshua lives. The fight on Saturday in Wroclaw is the Usyk homecoming, make no mistake. His fans can take a bus for less than 20 quid from Kyiv to Wroclaw; it takes 18 hours, but that makes it even more of a pilgrimage to watch a national hero fight. And they will come. The beautiful gothic city on the Oder River will be overrun this weekend. The flags will be out. Dubois will finally, for the first time in his short but intense boxing life, have no pressure on his shoulders. The 25-year-old will start as the underdog for the first time in 21 fights. He turned professional in 2017 when he was just a wide-eyed teenager; his progression was deceptive, and he was made to feel invincible against many men who had no chance. In 2020, there was a bad, bad night behind closed doors and under Covid restrictions. Dubois was unbeaten in 15 fights at the time and was matched with Joe Joyce, who was also unbeaten. Dubois had stopped or knocked out 14 of his 15 victims. It was a spectacular fight with Joyce, a spectacular mistake, and Dubois – in front on two scorecards – took a knee in Round 10. His left cheekbone was damaged, his vision gone from that eye, and his resistance broken. It was harsh, a reminder that even in modern boxing there are real dangers. It was not over, and Dubois was made again – a bit smarter, a bit wiser and a better heavyweight for the loss. He changed trainers, moved from Martin Bowers to Shane McGuigan. Since the Joyce defeat, Dubois has fought and won four times, stopping his men in the second, first, fourth and third rounds. A couple of months ago, at about the time the Usyk fight was agreed, Dubois left McGuigan and joined Don Charles, an underrated and cute trainer. The fight’s simple – but misleading – narrative seems to be that Dubois has a puncher’s chance; well, all heavyweights have a puncher’s chance. Anthony Joshua went 24 rounds with Usyk, and he most definitely had a puncher’s chance. To beat Usyk, you need far more than a puncher’s chance. Thankfully, Charles understands the game. “You have to be busy, you have to make him fight, you have to make it physical, and Daniel can do that,” Charles said. The pair seem to have bonded very quickly. In 2012, Charles took Derek Chisora to Munich to fight world heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, who was a knockout machine. “Del Boy” lost on points, but he applied pressure, got close, whacked away, and dealt with the partisan crowd. The WBO, WBA and IBF heavyweight belts are the official prizes, and the fight went to purse bids; Dubois will clear about $2m on the night. However, the real prize is in the upset and the cash windfall that will land with the disruption caused. Don Charles can help Dubois on Saturday. And Dubois will need all the help he can get to silence the crowd and hurt Usyk. Read More Anthony Joshua has the blueprint to beat Deontay Wilder – is he brave enough to use it? Sean O’Malley becomes newest UFC superstar with one-punch KO of Aljamain Sterling Alycia Baumgardner refuses to stay ‘silent’ after failed drug test Oleksandr Usyk keeps press conference short ahead of Daniel Dubois title clash Who is fighting on Usyk vs Dubois undercard this weekend? What time does Usyk vs Dubois start this weekend?
2023-08-25 00:26