Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Olivia Dunne steals spotlight with Forbes photoshoot in white crop top and skirt, trolls say 'who’s got originals we can compare to'
Olivia Dunne steals spotlight with Forbes photoshoot in white crop top and skirt, trolls say 'who’s got originals we can compare to'
Dunne shares this distinction with influencers Alix Earle, MrBeast among others, making her a standout talent in the dynamic world of social media
2023-09-28 21:53
Bride divides internet after charging guests £2,000 to attend her wedding
Bride divides internet after charging guests £2,000 to attend her wedding
A bride has annoyed people of the internet by charging guests £2,000 to attend her nuptials. Reportedly posting on Mumsnet, one of the guests claimed she had been invited to stay at a villa with the bride’s family and friends and was asked to split the cost for a week regardless of how long she could stay. She wrote: “The thought of spending a week socialising in a villa feels overwhelming, particularly when I don't know anyone and everyone else is in a couple, so I was going to stay only four nights.” So, she asked to share a room with another guest to cut costs but the bride didn't take it well. “She started crying and said she was upset because I have never been enthusiastic about her wedding plans (which is true, when she first asked for my villa deposit, I had asked a few times about other accommodation options),” she explained. After complaining, the bride reportedly refused to talk to her friend and the pair later ended up embroiled in a "heated discussion". The wedding guest was allegedly told: “It's clear the time/cost/venue etc. is asking too much of you and if it had been the other way round, it wouldn't have even crossed her mind to think about these things.” The woman's deposit was returned but she was still unsure about going to the wedding. She wrote: “She has always been quite selfish but I'm really upset by her lack of understanding as to why I don't want to spend a week with strangers and that I really did want to speak about the wedding. But at the same time, I know weddings are stressful and maybe she was trying to be sensitive. “Truth be told I'd rather go to a school friend's wedding on the same weekend who I feel like is a much better friend.” Responding to the situation, one commenter reportedly wrote: "The friendship is already over I'm afraid. I wouldn't go. I'm sorry." Another added: "It sounds like the friendship is going to survive much longer anyway." While a third said: "You shouldn't have to fund someone else's wedding." Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-10-09 22:18
Michigan files felony charges in alleged false electors scheme in 2020 US election
Michigan files felony charges in alleged false electors scheme in 2020 US election
WASHINGTON Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel on Tuesday announced felony charges against 16 Michigan residents for their role
2023-07-19 04:59
25 killed in militant attack on school in western Uganda: police
25 killed in militant attack on school in western Uganda: police
Twenty-five people including children have died in an overnight "terrorist attack" on a school in western Uganda by the Islamic State-aligned Allied Democratic Forces militia, the...
2023-06-17 14:15
Concacaf launches new ranking system ahead of expanded 2024 CCL
Concacaf launches new ranking system ahead of expanded 2024 CCL
Concacaf has launched a new ranking system to assist with club seeding for the 2024 CCL.
2023-05-18 02:29
Gary Neville condemns ‘pretty horrible’ Man Utd handling of Mason Greenwood case
Gary Neville condemns ‘pretty horrible’ Man Utd handling of Mason Greenwood case
Gary Neville believes independent panels should investigate serious allegations made against footballers after criticising Manchester United’s “pretty horrible” handling of the Mason Greenwood case. United announced on Monday that Greenwood will leave the club by mutual agreement, with the forward suspended since January 2022 over allegations relating to a young woman after images and videos were posted online. Charges against the 21-year-old England international including attempted rape and assault were discontinued by the Crown Prosecution Service in February this year, leading to United conducting an internal probe into the matter. While Neville feels they have belatedly reached the right result, the former United captain is appalled at how his former employers have dealt with the situation and called for instances of this magnitude to be taken out of a club’s hands in future. He said on Sky Sports: “They’ve finally got there. It was clear from day one, for me and anybody who saw the evidence that was initially released, that he wouldn’t play for Manchester United again. “I would say that the process in getting there has been pretty horrible. When you have significant and difficult situations like this, it requires and authoritative leadership, that comes the very top and Manchester United don’t have that. “On an issue like domestic abuse and violence against women, there needs to be independence. It shouldn’t be that Manchester United are the judge and jury on such a significant issue, not just for themselves but also for the game. “People talk about the reputation (hit) to Manchester United but it’s the Premier League here as well. “My view is on issues of this importance and severity (is) they should be dealt with independently by a panel because it’s been clear that Manchester United have not had the skill and the ability to deal with this situation properly. It’s been well above their grade of experience and ability.” It was reported last week that chief executive Richard Arnold told the club’s executive leadership in early August that United were planning to bring Greenwood back. That story and further information led increased pressure on the club, with Arnold publishing a public letter to supporters upon the conclusion of their in-house investigation. Former England midfielder Karen Carney said on Sky Sports: “I empathise with anyone that’s been through or has been triggered by the conversations that we’ve been having. “Personally I feel really uneasy with the situation. I think Manchester United, as an institution and a football club and what it stands for, have handled this really, really poorly.” Former Liverpool and England defender Jamie Carragher added: “You almost think of what decision Manchester United may have come to if these stories hadn’t been leaked and then you get the force of public opinion, that would be a worry. Ultimately, they’ve got to the right decision.” Women’s Aid, a charity which works to eliminate domestic abuse against women and children, welcomed the news that Greenwood would no longer play for United. A spokesperson said: “We know that today’s news from Manchester United that Greenwood will be moving on from the club will be a relief for many survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. “Football is loved by so many people worldwide, and players are often idolised by fans, so the way that alleged domestic abuse cases are treated in clubs has a huge impact on public understanding about what is accepted and tolerated in society. “We have heard first-hand the impact this case and the related materials shared on social media have had on survivors of abuse, and while next steps are established following the outcome of Manchester United’s internal investigation, this will happen away from centre stage of Old Trafford. “With many survivors never contacting the police to report abuse in the first place, and the majority of domestic and sexual-abuse cases not resulting in a criminal conviction, it is vital that clubs – like all employers – have an approach that is wider than the criminal justice system, and which deals with the reality of the scale of the issue. “This needs to involve addressing the attitudes that underpin domestic and sexual abuse, and working with players from a young age to make it clear that clubs stand against sexism and misogyny. This is an issue that reaches far wider than football, with misogynistic content widely available on social media, so it is important to recognise how widespread harmful attitudes are and address this.” The Manchester United Supporters Trust criticised the club’s handling of the case but said the right decision had been made. A MUST statement read: “Since the deeply distressing initial allegations surfaced, this episode has been allowed to drag out for far too long as the club has carried out an investigative process. “Moreover, the complete lack of consultation with fans even with respect to process added fuel to the fire. While the speculation and discussion in the last couple of weeks has been profoundly unhelpful and reflected very poorly on the club, it is clear that they have in the end reached the right decision. “We are relieved that this matter can now be put behind us and will be working with the club to ensure lessons have been learned from this very troubling episode.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Katarina Johnson-Thompson’s world title ‘just one step on comeback journey’ England stars reflect on World Cup final defeat – Monday’s sporting social Corey Domachowski: World Cup call-up was bittersweet moment before nan’s funeral
2023-08-22 02:59
Airbus close to new Viva Aerobus jet order
Airbus close to new Viva Aerobus jet order
By Tim Hepher and Allison Lampert PARIS Airbus is in advanced talks for a major new order from
2023-06-19 00:47
Jugo launches Jugo spaces, an industry-defining digital communications and collaboration platform, ushering in a new category for virtual events
Jugo launches Jugo spaces, an industry-defining digital communications and collaboration platform, ushering in a new category for virtual events
NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 1, 2023--
2023-11-01 20:21
Deutsche Bank Warns of Trading Decline With Recession Likely
Deutsche Bank Warns of Trading Decline With Recession Likely
Deutsche Bank AG expects trading revenue to decline this quarter as interest rates near their peak and the
2023-06-15 18:15
Beckham's son Romeo joins Brentford's 'B team'
Beckham's son Romeo joins Brentford's 'B team'
David Beckham's son Romeo has joined Brentford's 'B team' after impressing in a loan spell with...
2023-06-17 23:23
A 1-year subscription to System Mechanic for Windows is on sale for 69% off
A 1-year subscription to System Mechanic for Windows is on sale for 69% off
TL;DR: A one-year subscription to System Mechanic for Windows is on sale for £11.71, saving
2023-06-25 12:23
Eight in 10 South African children struggle to read by age of 10
Eight in 10 South African children struggle to read by age of 10
Eight in 10 students have issues with literacy, the lowest performance in a study of 57 countries.
2023-05-17 08:19