Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Firemen rescue people trapped in cars by Storm Dana floods in Spain
Firemen rescue people trapped in cars by Storm Dana floods in Spain
Emergency service workers rescued a man trapped in a car by floods that hit Spain. The floods were caused by a slow-moving storm system, known as a depresión aislada en niveles altos (Dana). The rescue took place in Castelló province, with the car surrounded by waist-high flood water. Flash floods have caused disruption just weeks after wildfires struck the country, with subway lines in the capital Madrid - and high-speed train connections with southern cities - closed on Monday morning (4 September). Torrential rain transformed streets into rivers in Madrid, Castile, Catalonia and Valencia regions. Read More Aerial footage captures partially collapsed bridge after torrential downpour in Spain Spain floods latest: Water cascades down Toledo city streets as cars stranded Torrential rain causes floods across Spain as cars washed away in aerial footage
2023-09-05 03:15
US Retail Sales Top Forecasts, Showcasing Consumer Resilience
US Retail Sales Top Forecasts, Showcasing Consumer Resilience
US retail sales rose in July by more than forecast, highlighting how the resilience of consumers is helping
2023-08-15 20:49
Stokes keeps faith with England's aggressive Ashes approach
Stokes keeps faith with England's aggressive Ashes approach
England captain Ben Stokes said an "awkward" changing room meeting with a new fan of Test cricket has underlined his faith in...
2023-06-28 01:53
Israel expanding ground operation in Gaza, comms blackout eases
Israel expanding ground operation in Gaza, comms blackout eases
By Emily Rose and Nidal al-Mughrabi JERUSALEM/GAZA Israeli forces are expanding ground operations in Gaza while their fighter
2023-10-29 20:53
American Logan Sargeant to remain with Williams for 2024 season
American Logan Sargeant to remain with Williams for 2024 season
Williams have confirmed that American rookie Logan Sargeant will remain with the team next season. The British outfit’s move to retain Sargeant, 22, for a second campaign completes the 20-driver grid for 2024. Sargeant, who scored just one point during a difficult first season, will race alongside Alex Albon after the London-born Thai’s seat had already been confirmed. “I am thrilled to be continuing with Williams Racing for the 2024 season,” said Sargeant. “It has been an incredible journey with the team so far and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue developing as a driver within such a talented and dedicated group. “We have exciting plans for the future and I can’t wait to contribute to the team’s success in the coming year.” Sargeant claimed his maiden point in Formula One – the first American to score in the sport since Michael Andretti 30 years ago for McLaren – after Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc were both disqualified from the United States Grand Prix in Austin in October. Albon finished the year with an impressive 27 points to help Williams land seventh in the constructors’ championship, the team’s best result for six seasons. “I am pleased to continue our journey with Logan into 2024,” said team principal James Vowles. “Logan has demonstrated immense skill whilst under the pressure of the world stage, making him a perfect fit for our team. “We have great confidence in his abilities and believe that together we can achieve even greater success in the upcoming season.” The Formula One season will start in Bahrain on March 2.
2023-12-02 01:17
Asia shares rally as China offers markets a hand
Asia shares rally as China offers markets a hand
By Wayne Cole SYDNEY Asian shares rallied on Monday as China announced new measures to support its ailing
2023-08-28 13:57
Post-Tropical Storm Calvin: Hawaii bracing for flash flooding and mudslides
Post-Tropical Storm Calvin: Hawaii bracing for flash flooding and mudslides
Flash flooding, dangerous surf and mudslides are possible, the National Weather Service warns.
2023-07-20 07:46
Five Things We Know About Niger’s New Military Leader
Five Things We Know About Niger’s New Military Leader
A day after General Abdourahamane Tiani declared himself Niger’s new leader, a picture is emerging of the little
2023-07-29 18:54
Exploring Pokimane and Trainwreckstv's beef: Kick streamer once dubbed Twitch queen 'most corrupt person'
Exploring Pokimane and Trainwreckstv's beef: Kick streamer once dubbed Twitch queen 'most corrupt person'
Trainwreckstv recently sent a message on Pokimane's stream in hopes of finding common ground and putting an end to their feud
2023-10-11 19:28
Putin's ruthless power play may not preclude a revival of Ukraine grain deal
Putin's ruthless power play may not preclude a revival of Ukraine grain deal
Russian President Vladimir Putin just reminded the world that he has the capacity to apply pain far beyond the excruciating torment he's inflicting on Ukraine.
2023-07-18 12:27
Classified document Trump admitted he had on tape is now missing, report says
Classified document Trump admitted he had on tape is now missing, report says
Donald Trump’s attorneys have been unable to find the classified document described in a recording of a 2021 conversation that is now in the possession of prosecutors, CNN reports. Earlier this week, the network broke the news that a recording existed of the former president acknowledging that he had held onto a classified Pentagon document outlining a potential attack on Iran. Citing two sources, CNN now reports that attorneys for Mr Trump could not find the document he referred to when they turned over material in mid-March in response to a federal subpoena relating to the investigation. Prosecutors sought “any and all” documents and materials related to Mark Milley, Mr Trump’s chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Iran, including maps or invasion plans, the sources say. Another subpoena was sent to at least one other attendee of the recorded meeting at Bedminster, New Jersey, in July 2021, another source told the network. Prosecutors reportedly made it clear that they wanted the specific document referred to in the recording after they had issued the subpoena, as well as any other material referencing classified documents still in the possession of the former president. The report adds credence to prosecutors’ scepticism that all classified materials retained by Mr Trump after he left office have been returned. Dozens of documents of varying classification levels were retrieved from the former president’s home at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida when the FBI searched the premises in August 2022. The recording of Mr Trump was created during the summer of 2021, approximately six months after the ex-president had left office. It reportedly captures a discussion during which Mr Trump was reacting to the publication of a story in The New Yorker regarding how Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley took actions to ensure the outgoing president issued no illegal orders. In the article, journalist Susan Glasser reported that Mr Milley was concerned that Mr Trump “might set in motion a full-scale conflict that was not justified” by ordering military action against Iran. The former president was reportedly recorded as he waved a document and said it would undermine what Mr Milley had said if he could legally show it to anyone. CNN reported that the audio recording contains the sound of paper rustling as if Mr Trump was waving a document around. The recording also reportedly captured laughter after the ex-president noted that he was not permitted to show the document to anyone. The July 2021 meeting took place long before Mr Trump’s aides sent 15 boxes of records from his Florida home to the National Archives. That January 2022 transfer of documents led Archives officials to discover multiple classified documents among the records sent back from Mr Trump’s residence, leading the agency to notify the Department of Justice about the discovery. The Justice Department’s probe into Mr Trump’s alleged unlawful retention of national defence information is being overseen by a special prosecutor, Jack Smith. Mr Smith has reportedly obtained other evidence which shows Mr Trump made efforts to obstruct the investigation by concealing documents from the government, even after he was served a grand jury subpoena compelling him to return all classified documents in his possession. The investigation is reportedly in its final stages and could result in charges against Mr Trump as soon as this summer. Read More Ivanka and Jared split over attending Trump 2024 launch – follow live Why was Donald Trump impeached twice during his first term? Four big lies Trump told during his 2024 presidential announcement Justice Department says it won't charge Pence over handling of classified documents Trump rages that Pence won’t face charges for classified documents Georgia Trump investigation could include other states in racketeering case: report
2023-06-03 00:51
Talking points from the 2023 Tour de France
Talking points from the 2023 Tour de France
The curtain came down on a tough and chaotic Tour de France won by Denmark's Jonas Vingegaard in Paris on Sunday after a...
2023-07-24 02:29