Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Mexican activist who counted murders in his violence-plagued city is himself killed
Mexican activist who counted murders in his violence-plagued city is himself killed
An activist who documented murders in one of Mexico's deadliest cities has himself been killed
2023-11-24 11:26
Britney Spears' husband Sam Asghari files for divorce
Britney Spears' husband Sam Asghari files for divorce
Britney Spears and Sam Asghari are getting divorced after 14 months of marriage.
2023-08-18 01:16
Starc strikes as England collapse in 2nd Ashes Test
Starc strikes as England collapse in 2nd Ashes Test
Recalled paceman Mitchell Starc led Australia's charge as England collapsed to 325 all out in the second Ashes Test...
2023-06-30 19:46
Powell's legacy tested by inflation, bank crisis, new Fed dynamics
Powell's legacy tested by inflation, bank crisis, new Fed dynamics
By Howard Schneider WASHINGTON Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell, who navigated a combative White House and a pandemic
2023-05-16 18:26
Leader of Texas' largest county takes leave from job for treatment of clinical depression
Leader of Texas' largest county takes leave from job for treatment of clinical depression
Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo of Texas says she is taking a temporary leave of absence for treatment of clinical depression
2023-08-08 05:55
4 people shot during a funeral procession near Chicago, police say
4 people shot during a funeral procession near Chicago, police say
A spray of bullets aimed at a funeral procession in a Chicago suburb left four men injured, one critically, according to police.
2023-06-12 06:59
Sergio Brown posts second strange video about Finding Nemo while ‘missing’ after mother’s death
Sergio Brown posts second strange video about Finding Nemo while ‘missing’ after mother’s death
Former NFL player Sergio Brown appeared to post on social media two days after his mother’s body was found in a creek behind her home in Illinois. The Maywood Police Department said an investigation is underway into the death of 73-year-old Myrtle Brown after it was determined that she was murdered. Authorities have yet to locate Mr Brown, who was reported missing along with his slain mother after they failed to answer calls from family members. On Tuesday evening, an account linked to Mr Brown made a second post on Instagram stories referencing the movie Finding Nemo. Mr Brown is seen rambling and laughing on the post. He also appears to be mocking reports that he is “missing.” “Just keep swimming. Missing? What the f*** is going on?” he is heard saying. The former NFL star had previously posted another story showing erratic behaviour and claiming he had been kidnapped by law enforcement. “I thought my f****** mama was on vacation in Sinaloa. That’s f****** fake news,” he said. “Get the f*** out of my goddamn face. She’s retired, and you want to come to me? The FBI had to do it. They have some power to do some s*** like that. What the f*** is going on? That’s fake news.” Relatives of Mr Brown and his mother contacted authorities on Saturday after they couldn’t get in touch with them for over 72 hours. Myrtle’s sister Sheila Simmons told WGN-TV that she had last spoken with her on 14 September and neither she nor Mr Brown were answering calls. The Maywood Police Department then launched a missing persons investigation. Later on Sunday, family members and authorities found Myrtle’s dead body in the Addison Creek Reservoir, less than 100 yards from her home. The Cook County Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Myrtle’s death was a homicide. According to records obtained by WGTV, she died from multiple unspecified assault injuries. “We’re going to find out what happened because it’s not normal for my sister to not answer her phone, not to respond to text messages,” Ms Simmons told the outlet about her sister’s death. “People have been reaching out to her since Friday. No one was able to reach her. Now, I got the call this morning saying that she’s missing, so immediately I came out here and find out my sister is dead.” Carlos Cortez, a neighbour of Myrtle Brown’s, told WBBM that family members had told him Mr Brown had not been acting like himself lately but did not elaborate on what type of behaviour had given that impression. “They said he wasn’t himself the last few months. He was out of his mind,” Mr Cortez told the outlet. Mr Cortex also said that he had given authorities Ring doorbell video, in which Mr Brown is reportedly seen burning his mother’s clothes. The Maywood Police Department declined to comment on the allegations when reached out by The Independent. Anyone with information regarding Myrtle Brown’s murder or Sergio Brown’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Maywood Police Department Anonymous Tip Line at 708-450-1787. Read More Missing ex-NFL player Sergio Brown ‘posts video rant’ on Instagram after mother found dead: Latest updates Missing ex-NFL star posts bizarre Instagram about police and FBI after mother found dead in creek Ex-NFL star Sergio Brown and his mother went missing. Police say she was murdered and he has yet to be found
2023-09-20 03:50
Are Jonathan Major and Meagan Good married? Disgraced 'Creed' star calls actress his 'missus'
Are Jonathan Major and Meagan Good married? Disgraced 'Creed' star calls actress his 'missus'
Jonathan Majors sparks marriage rumors with Meagan Good in Washington DC
2023-09-25 14:51
Pentagon working to restore benefits to LGBTQ+ veterans forced out under 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
Pentagon working to restore benefits to LGBTQ+ veterans forced out under 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
The Pentagon is beginning a new effort to contact former service members who may have been forced out of the military and deprived of years of benefits due to policies targeting their sexual orientation, starting with those who served under “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”
2023-09-21 00:28
'They really had issues with weight': Internet furious as Kim Rhodes reveals Disney exec body-shamed Dylan Sprouse during 'The Suite Life'
'They really had issues with weight': Internet furious as Kim Rhodes reveals Disney exec body-shamed Dylan Sprouse during 'The Suite Life'
Kim Rhodes revealed that a Disney executive body-shamed Dylan Sprouse on 'The Suite Life' set and recalled how she stood up for him
2023-12-01 16:23
Why is SAG-AFTRA striking? Here's how studios have responded to demands by actors and radio artists
Why is SAG-AFTRA striking? Here's how studios have responded to demands by actors and radio artists
The proposal by the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers to the union was rejected on July 13
2023-07-14 15:45
Liverpool transfer news: Dominik Szoboszlai release clause, Federico Valverde and Fabio Carvalho latest
Liverpool transfer news: Dominik Szoboszlai release clause, Federico Valverde and Fabio Carvalho latest
It was a season to forget for Jurgen Klopp’s men after they struggled in the Premier League. Expectations were high for Liverpool last year but they failed to challenge for the title and even missed out on Champions League football entirely. Sadio Mane left for Bayern Munich with new signings Cody Gakpo and Darwin Nunez unable to replicate his relationship with Mo Salah until the back end of the season. James Milner, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have all left the club with Klopp focusing on midfield reinforcements during this window. World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister has signed from Brighton with the Reds targeting more players before the window closes. Here are the latest news and transfer updates from Anfield: Dominik Szoboszlai Hungarian midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai has rocketed up Liverpool’s list for potential midfield reinforcements after the club met with his representatives. Newcastle United were previously interested in the 22-year-old, who has a €70m (£60m) release clause in his RB Leipzig contract, but according to The Athletic, Liverpool are now in pole position for the midfielder’s signature. No offer has been made as of yet but there is increased confidence a deal can be struck. Szoboszlai impressed in the most recent edition of the Nations League and his chance creation metrics and ball-carrying ability fit the profile Liverpool are after in midfield. Federico Valverde Potentially the most exciting name on this list is Real Madrid’s Federico Valverde. The Daily Mail says the Reds reportedly had a £51m bid for the Uruguayan rejected earlier this month though a potential deal for the midfielder could suit Los Blancos who are aware of the massive sum spent to secure Jude Bellingham and may need more cash to move for PSG’s Kylian Mbappe. Liverpool are reportedly preparing to submit a new proposal of around £77m according to Catalan outlet El Nacional. At just 24-years-old Valverde would bring a wealth of winning experience having already won two LaLiga titles and a Champions League trophy. His versatility across midfield is an asset that will appeal to Jurgen Klopp and 12 goals from the middle of the pitch this season is a bonus attribute. Federico Chiesa Gazzetta dello Sport report that Liverpool are keen to sign Juventus and Italy attacker Federico Chiesa. The Italian media outlet says that Chiesa does not have the best relationship with Juve boss Max Allegri and struggles to fit into his 3-5-2 formation. The 25-year-old is currently stuck in contract renewal talks but it appears a transfer away from Turin could be a real possibilty especially if a big Premier League club comes knocking. Enter Liverpool who are interested in the winger. Juventus want €60m for Chiesa though he is valued him at €40m by the Reds who are unwilling to go over that. The departure of Roberto Firmino has left a vacancy in Liverpool’s forward line but with Darwin Nunez, Luis Diaz, Cody Gakpo and Diogo Jota available as back-up the Reds won’t be convinced to spend more than they want to for Chiesa. Fabio Carvalho It remains to be seen whether a deal will materialise between Liverpool and RB Leipzig for Szoboszlai but there has already been one deal agreed between the two clubs after Liverpool confirmed that young midfielder, Fabio Carvalho, will join the German side on a season-long loan move. Carvalho joined Liverpool in a move last summer from Fulham, making 21 appearances for Jurgen Klopp’s side in all competitions and scoring three times. Khephren Thuram A player of interest to Liverpool, Thuram is currently in action for France at the under-21s European Championships alongside Manu Kone - another individual being heavily linked with an Anfield switch. Nice are said to be seeking £35m for the 22-year-old, who would bring some much-needed physicality to the midfield. Read More Chelsea transfer news: Hakim Ziyech move collapses, Mason Mount and Moises Caicedo latest Manchester United transfer news: Mason Mount bid accepted, David De Gea and Andre Onana latest Arsenal transfer news: Record Declan Rice bid, Jurrien Timber and Granit Xhaka latest Liverpool transfer news: Szoboszlai release clause, Valverde and Carvalho latest On this day in 2010: Roy Hodgson appointed Liverpool manager Man City assistant Rodolfo Borrell joins MLS side Austin FC as sporting director
2023-07-01 14:24