
Marketmind: Breaking point?
By Jamie McGeever A look at the day ahead in Asian markets from Jamie McGeever, financial markets columnist.
2023-10-04 05:57

Does Pokimane wear a wig or has naturally curly hair? Twitch star says 'don't care if you don't like it, yo mama loves it'
Pokimane's recent response to the community regarding her hair is not the first time she has found herself addressing this issue
2023-05-29 15:45

Why did Zayn Malik unfollow Selena Gomez? Internet confused after duo wipe each other out from Instagram amid dating rumors
Selena Gomez has sparked concerns as she unfollowed Zayn Malik, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, and Dua Lipa on social media
2023-06-27 19:27

How long were Bill Murray and Kelis together? Couple reportedly split after whirlwind romance
While Kelis lost her husband due to cancer, Murray lost his second ex-wife Jennifer Butler to cancer in 2021
2023-08-26 16:18

Zelensky says ‘only matter of time’ before Ukraine becomes Nato member
President Volodymyr Zelensky said it was only a "matter of time" before Ukraine became an official Nato member as he met the defence bloc's chief in Kyiv. Kyiv has pushed to join Nato despite Russia's threat. Nato secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg reiterated on Thursday that Ukraine would be a member of the trans-Atlantic military alliance. He said the bloc would stand with Kyiv as long as it takes. Mr Stoltenberg met the war-time president in Kyiv to discuss the status of the ongoing Russian war, a day after Moscow accused Ukraine's allies of helping plan and conduct last week’s missile strike on the Black Sea Fleet’s headquarters in the annexed Crimean Peninsula. "We discussed strengthening Ukraine's air defence further in order to protect people from Russian terror," Mr Zelensky said in a post on social media X, describing Nato as a "de facto" ally. He added that Mr Stoltenberg agreed to make efforts to get the bloc members to provide additional air support to protect Ukraine’s power plants and energy infrastructure that were damaged by Russian attacks. The president said he reminded Mr Stoltenberg of the persistent drone, missile and artillery attacks that often strike residential areas. At least three women were killed in the street after artillery hit a residential area in Kherson in a fresh bout of Russian attack on residential places. “In the face of such intense attacks against Ukrainians, against our cities, our ports, which are crucial for global food security, we need a corresponding intensity of pressure on Russia and a strengthening of our air defence,” Mr Zelensky said. Nato has contracts for £2.08bn in ammunition for Ukraine, including 155 mm Howitzer shells, anti-tank guided missiles and tank ammunition, Mr Stoltenberg said. He continued: "The stronger Ukraine becomes, the closer we come to ending Russia’s aggression. “Russia could lay down arms and end its war today. Ukraine doesn’t have that option. Ukraine’s surrender would not mean peace. It would mean brutal Russian occupation. Peace at any price would be no peace at all.” Mr Zelensky separately met France’s defence minister Sebastien Lecornu to discuss the supply of weapons to Ukraine. Mr Lecornu brought a delegation with 20 representatives from French defence contractors who manufacture drones, robots, artillery, ammunition and employ artificial intelligence and cybertechnology. With agency inputs Read More Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin’s strikes kill five in Kherson and Donetsk regions Ukraine war: British national killed in action while volunteering as medic Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva's Olympic doping case will resume for two more days in November The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary
2023-09-29 13:28

Anker PowerHouse: The Reliable Solution to South Africa’s Load-Shedding Crisis
CAPE TOWN, South Africa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 5, 2023--
2023-07-05 17:46

Yordan Alvarez has a good excuse after getting exposed by Jordan Montgomery
Houston Astros slugger Yordan Alvarez was dealing with a virus prior to his Game 1 struggles against the Texas Rangers and Jordan Montgomery.
2023-10-17 01:56

Will Johnny Depp work with Disney again? Actor denies rift over 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ouster
The 60-year-old star worked in five films of the hit series before Amber Heard accused him of domestic abuse
2023-06-09 19:19

Northern Ireland must expect ‘hiccups’ during transitional time – Ali McCann
Northern Ireland must accept there will be setbacks along the way as they nurture a new generation of players, according to midfielder Ali McCann. Michael O’Neill’s players left Windsor Park dejected on Monday night after Abat Aimbetov hit an 88th-minute breakaway goal to give Kazakhstan a 1-0 Euro 2024 qualifying victory that was greeted with boos by sections of the home support. Northern Ireland had far more of the ball and created more chances but were punished for their inability to take them as they fell to a third straight 1-0 defeat in Group H. It was another night where the long list of senior players missing through injury told, but the youngsters once again pressed into action largely impressed, with 19-year-old Shea Charles named player of the match. The 23-year-old McCann counted among the more experienced players available as he earned his 18th cap and, although this result might be enough to already put qualification for Euro 2024 out of reach, he said the squad should not get too downhearted. “Obviously the manner of the goal, it’s not ideal and the result is really disappointing obviously, but there are lots of positives, we always look at the positives,” the Preston midfielder said. “I thought we were the better side for the majority of the game, but we’ve got to be a bit more clinical and cut out mistakes at the other end. “There’s lots of transition and there’s still a few of the older lads who have loads of experience and that’s great for the group, and the quality of the younger lads coming through. “There are always going to be hiccups in the road, we’ve just got to take it. The signs are bright going forward and some of the lads you can see playing, it’s brilliant.” There are always going to be hiccups in the road, we've just got to take it Ali McCann McCann said the defeat was the biggest low of his still young international career. Northern Ireland must now regroup and hope some big players return in time for September’s fixtures, when they are away to Slovenia and Kazakhstan. “These types of losses at home are really hard to take, everyone is hurting in there,” McCann added. “It’s a case of not dwelling on it, come back in September, wipe it clean and go from there. “We’ve got two hard games away from home, but if we can pick up two good results then we’ll see where we are after that. “In the main we can’t be too down, things like this happen in football so really we’ve just got to forget about it and try to put it right next time.” After the match, O’Neill said qualifying would now be “extremely difficult”, having taken only three points from four games, but McCann is not writing off Northern Ireland’s chances yet. “I wouldn’t say it ends, there’s still plenty of games, we’ve got six left,” he said. “If we start September with two good results we’ll see how we are. “It’s an open group with teams taking points off each other. We’re going into September with two tough away games, we’ll go there trying to get three points in both games and then we’ll see where we are.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Final day of first Ashes Test under way after morning rain at Edgbaston French anti-corruption police raid HQ of Paris 2024 Olympic organising committee Community Shield kick-off brought forward by 90 minutes following fan complaints
2023-06-20 21:52

Aperia Technologies Unveils State-of-the-Art New Headquarters, Marking a Milestone in Sustainable Growth and Innovation
HAYWARD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 7, 2023--
2023-09-08 02:52

Rubiales kiss 'should never have happened', says FIFA chief Infantino
FIFA president Gianni Infantino said Thursday that Luis Rubiales' kiss on the mouth of Spanish women's football star Jenni Hermoso...
2023-09-01 06:18

Pep Guardiola delivers expletive-ridden reaction to Man City’s Champions League win
Pep Guardiola insisted it was “written in the stars” during an expletive-ridden reaction to Manchester City securing the Champions League and treble. Rodri’s goal was enough to clinch a 1-0 win in Istanbul over Inter Milan, which also represented the Spanish manager’s second European treble of his career, 14 years after his first with Barcelona. And Guardiola could not hide his relief at edging out the Italians in the final, lauding his team’s “patience” after a tough start. “Tired, calm, satisfied,” Guardiola told BT Sport. “This f***ing trophy, it's so difficult to win it. “It's impossible. It could have gone differently, we knew it, they are really good. Antonio Conte will learn a lot what they do. It's quite similar, They bring you up, they find strikers, link well to feet, then after they run to the other side. The first half we were anxious. “It's a question to be patient. Last time we were 1-0 down in Porto, this time, 0-0, you have to be lucky. Ederson's save, they missed it. This competition is a coin. It was written in the stars. We did it.” Guardiola also bemoaned the length of the season with many players now due to play international matches. “Right now I have no energy to think of the next season, we need a break, the season is too long,” Guardiola added. “Most go to the national team to play games, Uefa, Fifa, think about it, come on. “The Premier League finished two to three weeks ago. These guys will have two to three weeks off and then start again, it’s too much. Next season we’ll start from zero.” Read More Kyle Walker reveals six-word message to Man City teammates ahead of Champions League win Pep Guardiola ended 12 years of hurt thanks to masterful midfield reinvention Man City secure landmark Champions League victory that stretches beyond historic treble
2023-06-11 06:59
You Might Like...

Bankman-Fried's expert witnesses rejected by judge

Ford says US fuel economy plan threatens 'substantial economic hardship'

US Commerce Chief Raises Concern on China Moves Against US Firms

State Supreme Court puts ruling that gave Oregon State, Washington State control of Pac-12 on hold

How to shop at Borough Market in the summer

TV presenter kisses woman on her breasts after she refuses peck on the lips

'Bring it on': Australia, England primed for blockbuster World Cup clash

Dollar's smile makes Wall Street frown: McGeever