Travis Kelce give cryptic response to Taylor Swift dating rumours
Travis Kelce was asked about the dating rumours swirling around him and Taylor Swift, but the Kansas City Chiefs star didn't give much away when asked by a reporter. The American football player first spoke about Swift after going to her Eras Tour concert and expressed his disappointment at not being able to give a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it to the pop star. "I was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings,” Kelce said on his podcast, New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce. "So I was a little butthurt I didn’t get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her.” The Chiefs tight end added: “If you’re up on Taylor Swift concerts, there are friendship bracelets and I received a bunch of them being there, but I wanted to give Taylor Swift one with my number on it." @profootballfocus Travis Kelce shot his shot ? #traviskelce #taylorswift #swifties #friendshipbracelets #newheightshow #fyp #foryoupage (via @New Heights) Since then, there have been reports that Kelce and Swift spent time together in New York City - "Taylor and Travis have been quietly hanging out,” the source said, as per The Messenger. “She saw him when she was in NYC a few weeks ago.” However, a source told Entertainment Tonight that the two are not dating. “Travis has been into Taylor for a while and definitely has a crush on her. He is a simple guy that is very funny, charismatic, chill, and loves playing football," the source said. Meanwhile, Kelce was asked if the dating rumours were true in an interview with NFL+ on September 15, to which he decided not to comment on. “I know what you writers wanna hear, and you wanna hear more about that. And I’m not gonna give you anything,” he said. @andrew.siciliano New romantics for Taylor Swift? #taylorswift #traviskelce #swifties #newromantics The 33-year-old was then asked about the bracelet he wanted to give to Swift with his phone number on it but remained reserved in his response. “I said what I said. And I meant what I said when I said it,” Kelce said. “You know what, it is what it is. I’m not gonna talk about my personal life.” Elsewhere, Kelce's brother Jason - who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles - was asked about his younger brother's rumoured romance with Swift during an appearance on Prime’s Thursday Night Football. “I’ve seen these rumors. I cannot comment,” he told co-host Tony Gonzalez. “I don’t really know what’s going on there,” Jason added. “I know Travis is having fun, we’ll see what happens with whoever he ends up with." Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-18 20:17
Saudi Arabia can help Chelsea solve headache — but talks raise more questions than answers
There is suddenly a little bit of tension about one of the most ambitious plans in football. High-placed sources say this week brings a lot of discussion between Saudi Arabian representatives and those of top players in order to try and convince them to join the planet’s most disruptive competition. Some involved see it as a key period for the Saudi Pro League in terms of keeping the momentum going by getting truly big players. Interest in Neymar and David De Gea is now well known, but representatives are also looking at Riyad Mahrez and Bernardo Silva, and there are offers for a series of Chelsea players. Among them are N’Golo Kante, Edouard Mendy, Romelu Lukaku, Kalidou Koulibaly, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Hakim Ziyech. It would represent quite the analgesic for what had been a real headache at Stamford Bridge. Throughout the last few months, the major question at Stamford Bridge, beyond the manager, was who was going to buy the players they needed to sell to trim the squad and meet Financial Fair Play requirements. Everyone “knew they were coming”, to use the industry phrase. Clubs were going to go in low and well under the asking price, as Manchester United have attempted with Mason Mount. Now, a solution has suddenly presented itself. Chelsea could clear a lot of players for big money, allowing Mauricio Pochettino a much cleaner slate to start working with. It has raised a lot of chatter within the game as well as outside. Football officials have privately pointed to the strong relationship between Chelsea majority owners Clearlake and Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund [PIF], who have billions of pounds worth of assets managed by the American firm. Many within the game are now asking about Saudi influence on Chelsea but it has long been stressed there was no involvement in Clearlake’s 2022 purchase, and consequently no concern about potential conflicts of interest given the ownership of Newcastle United. The Owners and Directors test would also require that any influence be declared. It is being insisted now at Stamford Bridge that the only discussions taking place are “transactional conversations about players they’re interested in”. Chelsea and the Premier League have been approached for comment. The London club look to have just benefitted from good timing, although the biggest question now is how many players will actually be convinced to move, and “what actually gets done”. Lukaku is already reluctant. Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva would be unlikely to even consider a proposal if it arrives. The very fact such discussions are being had does raise two wider issues for the game. One, in the abstract, is the growing influence of private equity in football. Part of the reason such questions are being asked is that it’s unclear what money funds private equity in such takeovers. The Premier League, for example, doesn’t have to know. There are an increasing number of people in football who see private equity’s influence - going right up to possible deals with Serie A and La Liga - as just as problematic as state ownership, especially with how the potential is there for the two to overlap. There is then the big story of the summer, which revolves around one of the most ambitious and biggest of those states. Offers from the Saudi Pro League are expected to escalate in the next few weeks, as this is viewed as a key stage of the project. Bringing Ruben Neves from Wolves was a coup but they want bigger than that. It is also why there was some disappointment about the “complacency” of Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin about the extent the Saudi Pro League’s growth could distort the game. The Slovenian official gave an interview in the Netherlands on the eve of the Nations League final, in which he said the European game should not be concerned about any player exodus. “No, no, no… I think that it's mainly a mistake for Saudi Arabian football. Why is that a problem for them? Because they should invest in academies, they should bring coaches, and they should develop their own players." “The system of buying the players that almost ended their career is not the system that develops football. It was a similar mistake in China when they all brought players who are at the end of their career.” “Tell me one player who is top, top age and who starts his career and went to play in Saudi Arabia? But it's not about money only. Players want to win top competitions. And top competition is in Europe.” That question is something currently being tested, but a growing view is that Ceferin is wrong to make the comparison to China. Saudi Arabia has a much more developed football culture, with a good level of quality, and part of this project is improving that. There is then the wider issue of the football authorities' general lack of regulation and foresight on the influence of states and private equity groups. The next few days will nevertheless tell a lot, but this is really about the next few years. Read More First golf, now football? Saudi Arabia’s grand plan and the 72 hours that changed everything Sportswashing is about to change football beyond anything you can imagine The year that sportswashing won: A season that changed football forever Saudi Arabia can help Chelsea solve headache — but talks raise issues Carabao Cup 2023/24 fixture dates and schedule revealed Chelsea fixtures released for Premier League 2023/24 season
2023-06-20 16:57
Nasdaq futures slide as megacaps drag; economic data in focus
Nasdaq futures fell over 1% on Thursday as megacap shares remained under pressure with investors taking stock of
2023-10-26 17:50
Walter and Missi lead No. 13 Baylor to 88-72 win over Oregon State in NIT Season Tip-Off
Ja’Kobe Walter scored 24 points and 7-foot freshman Yves Missi posted his first career double-double as No. 13 Baylor beat Oregon State 88-72 in the opening game of the NIT Season Tip-Off at Barclays Center
2023-11-23 11:28
Save $400 on This Intel-powered HP Envy 16-inch Touchscreen Laptop
The HP Envy 16-inch touchscreen laptop is a beast of a computer for the price.
2023-06-23 22:49
Glenn Maxwell's epic World Cup innings: Who said what
Who said what at the Cricket World Cup on Tuesday, the 34th day of the 2023 tournament, as Glenn Maxwell set the competition alight with an undefeated double century as...
2023-11-08 02:48
Taiwan Draws Clear US-Versus-China Battle Lines in Key Election
Taiwan’s voters in January will have the chance to reset the island’s fraught relationship with China, and cool
2023-11-26 18:23
Byron Murphy making plays for Vikings in joint practices with Cardinals
Early in the joint practices with the Arizona Cardinals this week, Minnesota Vikings cornerback Byron Murphy Jr. blanketed receiver Marquise Brown on an in-cutting route before intercepting the pass and punting the ball in celebration after the play
2023-08-25 05:22
Trump’s public statements are being influenced by his lawyers, legal expert says
Donald Trump’s public statements have changed in line with advice from his lawyers, a legal expert has suggested. Harry Litman, a former US attorney and former deputy assistant attorney general for the Western District of Pennsylvania, wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, on Monday night that the former president “continues to employ the same braggadocio. But listen carefully, he’s begun to pepper his proclamations with hedges, such as ‘in my opinion’ or ‘that’s what I think.’ That’s lawyer-prescribed to try to shield him from outright lies”. One example of this came when Mr Trump was speaking to Megyn Kelly of SiriusXM. Mr Trump insisted that there’s no “ritual” to declassifying secret information as he argued that he was allowed to have the boxes of files found at Mar-a-Lago which led to one of the indictments against the former president. Mr Trump was speaking to Kelly when he returned to one of his familiar talking points, calling Special Counsel Jack Smith “deranged”. “We have a deranged guy named Jack Smith who has been overturned at the Supreme Court a number of times, and he gets overturned ... because he goes too far,” Mr Trump told Ms Kelly. “They don’t even mention the Presidential Records Act. This is all about the Presidential Records Act.” “I’m allowed to have these documents, I’m allowed to take these documents – classified or not classified. And frankly, when I have them, they become unclassified. People think you have to go through a ritual – you don’t, at least in my opinion, you don’t,” Mr Trump added. But a number of social media users didn’t seem to think slipping in “in my opinion” would help Mr Trump in the courts. Responding to Mr Trump’s comments to Ms Kelly, Jennifer Rubin, a Washington Post columnist, wrote that it was “another public confession. Like taking candy from a baby”. “Someone should tell him, that the US isn’t governed by opinions, it’s governed by laws,” one user said. Conservative anti-Trump lawyer George Conway also noted that Mr Trump appeared to be making comments putting him in further legal jeopardy, saying that “interviewers should be required to read him his rights”. “Credit to @megynkelly for letting him confess to the crimes in the indictment. She’ll see this played at the trial by the government,” Bradley Moss added. “I want Dude to say this to Jack Smith in open court during his criminal trial,” Tony Michaels said. Mr Trump’s shift in language comes as Mr Smith’s office has asked for a narrow gag order from Judge Tanya Chutkan in the federal election interference case against Mr Trump in Washington DC to prevent him from attacking possible witnesses and jurors. Read More Dominion’s $1.6bn defamation case against Newsmax will go to trial weeks before Election Day Trump ex-aide claims he wrote ‘to-do lists’ on back of classified documents – live updates White House hits back after House sets first Biden impeachment hearing for 28 September
2023-09-20 04:29
Brazil official defends progress on protecting forests, blasts EU ban
By Ana Mano SAO PAULO Brazil believes European Union rules banning products coming from areas of deforestation are
2023-08-08 05:23
When will 'RHOA' Season 15 Reunion air? Bravo housewives to spill the tea about explosive feuds
'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Season 15 Reunion features jaw-dropping and shadiest moments
2023-08-28 10:29
At least 261 dead in India's worst train accident in over two decades
By Jatindra Dash and Abinaya V BHUBANESWAR, India (Reuters) -At least 261 people have died in India's worst rail accident
2023-06-03 15:27
You Might Like...
Greek island temple complex reveals 'countless' offerings left by ancient worshippers
How every senator voted on the debt ceiling bill
Brad Pitt fans want to identify 'unnamed director' who described 'serial-killer choking method' to actor
From $830K gifts to hunting expenses: 'Homeless' Kevin Costner's opulent lifestyle exposed amid divorce from Christine Baumgartner
Pick up an Amazon Fire Max 11 tablet at $149.99, its lowest price ever
Gareth Southgate felt England did not ‘quite click’ against Ukraine
Jimmy Buffett's laid-back party vibe created adoring 'Parrotheads' and success beyond music
Amazon Covid Changes and CEO's Anti-Union Comments Broke Law, Labor Board Alleges
