Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Ex-Tottenham boss Nuno sacked by Saudi club Al Ittihad
Ex-Tottenham boss Nuno sacked by Saudi club Al Ittihad
Al Ittihad have sacked former Tottenham Hotspur manager Nuno Espirito Santo, the Saudi champions said, following a poor run of...
2023-11-08 10:57
Ukraine says seven villages retaken in 'tough' offensive
Ukraine says seven villages retaken in 'tough' offensive
Ukraine on Monday said it had retaken seven villages and made small gains in a "tough" counter-offensive against Russian forces that...
2023-06-13 04:57
Michael Beale leaves Rangers role as Steven Davis takes interim charge at Ibrox
Michael Beale leaves Rangers role as Steven Davis takes interim charge at Ibrox
Rangers have announced the almost inevitable departure of Michael Beale and have put club favourite Steven Davis in charge. Calls for Beale’s departure increased following the 3-1 defeat by Aberdeen at Ibrox on Saturday, with the players again booed off the park. A third loss in seven cinch Premiership fixtures left the Light Blues seven points behind leaders Celtic and with their title hopes already in jeopardy. Ahead of the Europa League tie against Aris Limassol in Cyprus on Thursday night, the Ibrox club released a statement which outlined the changes. It read: “Rangers can confirm it has parted company with men’s first-team manager Michael Beale. “The Rangers board would like to put on record their thanks to Michael and his staff for their efforts since joining the club last November. “Results this season have fallen short of what everyone connected to Rangers would expect. “Therefore, the decision was reached today to terminate the contract of the manager, as well as the contracts of coaches Neil Banfield, Damian Matthew, Harry Watling and Jack Ade. “The club is pleased to announce that Steven Davis will lead the interim management team. It is clear that results have fallen well short of the board’s, Michael’s and our supporters’ expectations John Bennett “The team will consist of former Rangers player and hugely experienced coach Alex Rae, former player and current coach Steven Smith, coach Brian Gilmour and goalkeeping coach Colin Stewart.” Rangers chairman John Bennett said: “I’d like to thank Michael for his dedicated work since he rejoined the club as manager last November. “It is clear that results have fallen well short of the board’s, Michael’s and our supporters’ expectations. “The search process for the new manager is already under way. I wish Steven Davis and the interim management team every success – they will remain in charge for as long as it takes to make the right appointment.” Former midfielder Davis’ contract expired at the end of last season but the club had been letting him use the facilities for his rehabilitation following a serious knee injury. It is understood the new management team have all the required UEFA badges to lead Rangers into their European match on Thursday. Beale never recovered from the 1-0 defeat by an under-strength Hoops side at Ibrox last month, with four subsequent wins in three different competitions doing little to appease disgruntled supporters. Beale revamped his squad in the summer but new signings such as Cyriel Dessers, Sam Lammers, Dujon Sterling and Jose Cifuentes have failed to impress. In mitigation, injuries robbed him of Danilo, Todd Cantwell, Kieran Dowell, Nico Raskin, Tom Lawrence, Rabbi Matondo and Kemar Roofe for various lengths of time with Ryan Jack and Ridvan Yilmaz picking up injuries against the Dons. Beale, who was first-team coach at Rangers under Steven Gerrard, took over in the Ibrox hotseat in November 2022, following the departure of Giovanni van Bronckhorst. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Ryder Cup day three: Europe’s winners urge Luke Donald to remain as captain Referees have to help themselves – Forest’s Steve Cooper frustrated by decisions The final day in pictures as Europe win the Ryder Cup
2023-10-02 04:24
Man tied to suspected shooter in Tupac Shakur’s 1996 killing arrested in Las Vegas, AP sources say
Man tied to suspected shooter in Tupac Shakur’s 1996 killing arrested in Las Vegas, AP sources say
Las Vegas police have made an arrest for the first time in the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur
2023-09-30 00:53
Sebastian Vettel refuses to rule out return to Formula 1
Sebastian Vettel refuses to rule out return to Formula 1
Sebastian Vettel refused to rule out a return to F1 when questioned about the likelihood of a dramatic comeback. The four-time world champion retired at the end of the 2022 season after two years of frustration at Aston Martin. The finale to his stay in the sport was a far-cry from the glory years, namely with Red Bull with four straight titles from 2010-2013, as well as championship tilts with Ferrari. But Vettel, 36, admits he “can’t exclude” the prospect of a return in the future, when asked by Sky F1’s Martin Brundle whether he would return to the grid in a similar manner to the likes of Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen. "I can’t say no, because that you don’t know," the German said. "I think it’s something that if you asked all of them, probably some of them would have said ‘no’. And some of them I don’t know, but in the end all of them came back, so I can’t exclude it. "It probably will depend much on when, and obviously it’s not endless, because 36 is not like, ‘yeah in 10 years’ time’. "Maybe I think about it then time has passed but it will depend on the challenge, whatever, but it’s not in my head right now.” A 53-time race winner, Vettel made his F1 debut in 2007 before claiming his first victory at Monza with Toro Rosso in 2008. Yet his last three seasons in the sport – one with Ferrari, two with Aston Martin – saw him finish 13th, 12th and 12th again in the Driver Standings, though did see him take on roles as a climate activist and LGBTQ+ rights campaigner. "I’m enjoying the sort of outlook of the challenge of what to do next,” Vettel added. “It will be the way I see it, the biggest challenge for any racing driver and the biggest challenge for any sportsman, sportswoman, what do you do after? "Because naturally you will be like 30-35, 40-45 - depending on your sport and discipline. And then what? "There’s a lot of life left and life can be great even though you’re not racing, you know, the absolute limit in the fastest car in the world, but you can still do lots of great things that give you great pleasure." Vettel was speaking to Sky ahead of this weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix, where the German won his final race of his F1 career in 2019. Read More Farewell Sebastian Vettel, a four-time F1 champion who stood for something bigger than racing How does Max Verstappen’s win-streak compare to fellow record-holder Sebastian Vettel’s? Alfa Romeo confirm driver line-up for 2024 F1 season F1 Singapore Grand Prix: When is practice on Friday at Marina Bay? Red Bull chief apologises to Sergio Perez over ‘offensive remark’
2023-09-14 19:45
One giant step: Moon race heats up
One giant step: Moon race heats up
The crash landing on the Moon of Russia's Luna-25 probe is the latest twist in an international push to return to the Earth's natural satellite that has drawn in the...
2023-08-20 20:18
WeWork Goes Bankrupt, Signs Pact With Creditors to Cut Debt
WeWork Goes Bankrupt, Signs Pact With Creditors to Cut Debt
WeWork Inc., once the biggest office tenant in Manhattan, has filed for bankruptcy listing nearly $19 billion of
2023-11-07 19:48
'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings slammed by former contestant Wil Wheaton for hosting amid WGA strike, calls him 'a scab'
'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings slammed by former contestant Wil Wheaton for hosting amid WGA strike, calls him 'a scab'
Ken Jennings was slammed on social media by fans of the show who thought it was too selfish of him to host the show alone and not support the strike
2023-05-16 11:47
LatticeFlow Announces Intelligent Workflows for Eliminating AI Blind Spots
LatticeFlow Announces Intelligent Workflows for Eliminating AI Blind Spots
ZURICH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 30, 2023--
2023-11-30 16:18
Who is Katy Tur? 'CBS Mornings' host Tony Dokoupil shares lovely moment with wife at Phish concert
Who is Katy Tur? 'CBS Mornings' host Tony Dokoupil shares lovely moment with wife at Phish concert
Tony Dokoupil and Kate Tur were present at one of the numerous Madison Square Garden concerts during the rock band Phish's nationwide tour
2023-08-10 17:58
Why did Wanda Sykes cancel appearance on 'The View'? Comedian opts out again, this time due to Alyssa Farah Griffin
Why did Wanda Sykes cancel appearance on 'The View'? Comedian opts out again, this time due to Alyssa Farah Griffin
Wanda Sykes had once canceled her guest appearance on 'The View' over Alyssa Farah Griffin's previous association with former president Donald Trump
2023-06-23 10:51
John Fury is claiming he’ll ‘ruin KSI’s career’ if he doesn't pay Tommy Fury bet
John Fury is claiming he’ll ‘ruin KSI’s career’ if he doesn't pay Tommy Fury bet
Tommy Fury may have won his fight against KSI earlier this month, but his dad John Fury still isn’t happy. It’s all to do with a bet that KSI made, with the YouTuber-turned-boxer allegedly putting £200,000 on the line before the bout. The Tommy Fury vs KSI fight took place on October 14. A sold-out crowd at Manchester's AO Arena watched the pair go head-to-head in the highly anticipated match where Fury was declared the winner by majority decision. Following the match, KSI declared the result a "robbery" and said he is going to appeal the decision. "Robbery, it's a robbery bro," the YouTuber said. "How many jabs did he land? And he had a point taken off as well. You weren't landing. Look at your face, look at your eyes. Look at you… How do I lose a six-rounder? Unreal.” KSI is currently questioning the ruling and has sent an official appeal to governing body the PBA. However, the head of the Fury family has said that if he doesn’t pay the £200,000 he wagered on the fight, he will “ruin” KSI’s career. Speaking to IFL, Fury said: “He lost. He’s got to man up and pay because I will not let this go,” said John. “I’ll hound him to death. I’ll hound him to death. So there you go mate, pay up. You wanted to bet in the first place. Be a man.” He went on to say: “You were a sore loser when you got picked on the night. But you’re going to pay this money because I’ll never leave you alone. “I will ruin your career. I’m on you like a dog on a rabbit. So don’t worry about that. Pay up.” Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings
2023-10-25 18:46