
Yellen, China's ambassador held 'frank and productive' discussion - US
(This July 3 story has been corrected to fix the name of China's ambassador to Feng, not Fang, in paragraph
2023-07-04 18:25

Who are Maggie and Negan? Here's everything you need to know about enemies-turned-friends ahead of 'The Walking Dead: Dead City' premiere
In ‘The Walking Dead: Dead City’, viewers can expect the exploration of Maggie and Negan's complicated dynamic as they navigate the challenges of their partnership
2023-06-16 07:28

'Love your pretty natural face': Internet praises Amy Slaton as she shares 'filter vs no filter' photos
Amy Slaton has long been criticized for using beauty filters in her social media photos
2023-06-13 09:28

Ex-Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa gets new coaching job
Marcelo Bielsa has been appointed as Uruguay head coach. The 67-year-old had been out of football management since leaving Leeds almost 15 months ago. The Uruguayan Football Association confirmed Bielsa’s appointment on a deal running until the 2026 World Cup. He succeeds Diego Alonso as national team boss. Alonso’s contract expired after the World Cup in Qatar earlier this season, where Uruguay suffered a shock group-stage exit. Bielsa served as manager of Argentina from 1998 to 2004 and he also had a four-year stint in charge of Chile. Bielsa guided Leeds back to the Premier League from the Championship in 2020 and was one of the most popular managers in the club’s history. But he left in February last year following a run of four successive league defeats. His lengthy managerial career has also included spells with Athletic Bilbao, Marseille and Lille. Uruguay are currently 16th in FIFA’s world rankings, with Bielsa’s first major campaign at the helm set to be next year’s Copa America in the United States. Read More Sam Allardyce hoping fear of relegation helps drive Leeds to safety Leeds paying the price for Orta’s muddled, messy attempts to rebuild AC Milan must overcome own history as well as Inter’s two-goal lead
2023-05-16 15:18

Judge may delay Trump’s hush money trial because ex-president has so many legal cases on schedule
The judge in Donald Trump’s hush money case has said that he may delay the trial because of the former president’s packed court schedule. The trial is currently scheduled for early 2024, but New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan cancelled a hearing set for this week and wrote in a short letter to Trump lawyer Todd Blanche that “In light of the many recent developments involving Mr. Trump and his rapidly evolving trial schedule, I do not believe it would be fruitful for us to conference this case on September 15 to discuss scheduling”. US District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington DC has scheduled Mr Trump’s case connected to the January 6, 2021 insurrection for 4 March 2024 – the day before Mr Trump is believed to be set to take a strong grip on the Republican presidential nomination on Super Tuesday. The 4 March date is also just weeks before the original schedule for the hush money trial. Previously this summer, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg suggested in a radio interview that he was open to making space for federal prosecutors in his own trial schedule. The office of Mr Bragg was the first to charge Mr Trump – with 34 counts of falsifying business records linked to the hush money payments to adult actor Stormy Daniels shortly before the 2016 election. The judge has said that the prosecutors and defence team may discuss any alterations to the trial schedule on 15 February 2024, when they’re set to meet for the judge’s ruling on Mr Trump’s possible pre-trial motions, according to The Messenger. “We will have a much better sense at that time whether there are any actual conflicts and if so, what the best adjourn date might be for trial,” Justice Merchan wrote. Read More US election 2024 polls: Biden and Trump tied across most polling raises alarms for Democrats Trump lashes out at Biden over prisoner swap deal with Iran after demanding Jan 6 judge recuse herself - live Trump accuses Biden of taking ‘kickback’ in $6bn Iran deal
2023-09-13 03:21

What 'grand adventure' Christine Brown is talking about? Internet gushes over 'Sister Wives' star as she spends precious moments with David Woolley
'Sister Wives' star Christine Brown claims her fiance David Woolley to be 'star war nerd'
2023-07-12 08:51

A new London exhibition highlights the untold stories of Black British fashion designers
A new exhibition is opening in London to chart for the first time the contributions Black British culture made to U.K. fashion and design history and to celebrate Black designers who haven't received public recognition
2023-09-20 23:17

Harry Styles fans hail Madame Tussaud's waxworks as 'most accurate ever'
Harry Styles is the latest celebrity to be replicated in wax form as Madame Tussauds has unveiled not one, but seven wax figures of the popstar after receiving "thousands of fan requests." The seven waxworks will be on display at museums in London, New York, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Berlin, Singapore and Sydney, each of them sporting some of the singer's iconic looks from recent years. In London, the Harry figure wears a double-breasted hunter green blazer, large flower broach, pistachio green trousers, ivory boots and a bright green handbag, the look is paired with a classic pearl necklace jewellery which references Styles's My Policeman premiere outfit during the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter After it took 10 months for Madame Tussauds’ artists to complete, the public can see the figure for themselves when it premieres on July 27. In New York, the Harry waxwork will sport the memorable sequin rainbow jumpsuit wore during his 2022 headlining Coachella set, while Berlin's figure will wear Styles's another of his Coachella costumes - an oversize faux fur coat paired with a metallic leather waistcoat and trousers. While some of the other figures will don outfits the As It Was singer has previously worn during his Love On Tour concert series. Sydney’s Styles figure dons a pink satin shirt, burgundy trousers and a feather boa, from one of his shows in San Jose, California. A bronze sequin vest with fringe attached originally worn at a gig in Long Island, New York, is what the LA wax figure will have on, while in Amsterdam it will be a a pink double-breasted suit with floral embroidery, similar to a look he wore on stage in Dallas. For Singapore's Styles waxwork, a blue and yellow two-piece from the Glasgow leg of his Love On Tour concert series will be sported. But what do Harry fans make of the waxwork - here are some of the best reactions to the Harry Styles London waxwork: Many were impressed with the images they saw of the figure, describing it as "scary accurate." Though others disagreed, and while they note it isn't the worst waxwork they've seen, they noted how "something is off." While others made some comparisons, from Margaret Thatcher to Princess Diana, Benedict Cumberbatch and Don't Worry Darling co-star Chris Pine... Fans can see the Harry Styles waxwork in person at Madame Tussauds in London from July 27. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-18 23:48

Derek Jeter gets the worst gift from David Ortiz on FOX Broadcast
Derek Jeter made his debut on FOX Sports and was given a gift by David Ortiz. It turned out to be every Yankees fan's worst nightmare.There is no denying the respect that exists between Derek Jeter and David Ortiz, despite them playing their careers on opposing ends.But the former Bosto...
2023-06-25 22:56

Vudoo Takes Its Pioneering Content Commerce Platform Global
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 10, 2023--
2023-10-10 16:25

Bayern Munich pay full Kim Min-jae release clause to beat Man Utd to transfer
Kim Min-jae set to become Bayern Munich player after full release clause paid to Napoli, despite Man Utd interest.
2023-07-09 17:30

China #MeToo journalist and labor activist expected to appear in secret trial as crackdown deepens
Two Chinese activists held without trial for the past two years are expected to appear before a judge in a closed doors hearing on Friday as the ruling Communist Party ramps up its effort to dismantle what remains of the country's civil society.
2023-09-22 10:58
You Might Like...

Durabook Announces Windows 11 Secured-core PCs in its Mobile Rugged Computing Portfolio

Conservative former judge calls Trump support 'colossal political miscalculation'

Qantas CEO to step down early as airline's reputation under scrutiny

Who inspired Jamie Lee Curtis' 'Mother Nature' novel? 'Scream Queens' actress says she got the idea decades ago

Malawi heatwave warning issued as temperatures set to soar

'The Walking Dead: Dead City' Episode 1 Takeaway: Maggie and Negan's rocky relationship gets another chance

Arraez 5-for-5 with homer, 3 RBIs, Marlins beat Nationals 6-5

Peralta delivers winning hit against old team, Dodgers top Dbacks 2-0 as Arizona drops 8th straight