Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Pakistan considering banning Imran Khan's party - defence minister
Pakistan considering banning Imran Khan's party - defence minister
ISLAMABAD Pakistan is considering banning former Prime Minister Imran Khan's political party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Defence Minister Khawaja
2023-05-24 15:49
Venezuela’s Machado to Present Debt Refinancing Plan in New York
Venezuela’s Machado to Present Debt Refinancing Plan in New York
Venezuela’s leading opposition candidate, María Corina Machado, will present her economic plan, including a debt restructuring proposal, to
2023-06-29 06:48
Sunak Faces Three Weeks of Danger in Bid to Revive Tories
Sunak Faces Three Weeks of Danger in Bid to Revive Tories
Rishi Sunak faces an awkward three-week political test that is likely to have a lasting impact on his
2023-07-03 17:24
Musk admits X may be doomed to fail as new glitch wipes out pictures from former Twitter platform
Musk admits X may be doomed to fail as new glitch wipes out pictures from former Twitter platform
Elon Musk, the owner of X – the company formerly known as Twitter – said on Saturday that the social media platform “may fail” as a new glitch wiped out most pictures tweeted before December 2014. “The sad truth is that there are no great ‘social networks’ right now. We may fail, as so many have predicted, but we will try our best to make there be at least one,” Mr Musk posted on X. Since his take-over of the company for $44bn, the multibillionaire has tried to shake things up, introducing radical new changes to the platform, from laying off over three-fourths of Twitter’s workforce to his latest statement that the platform’s feature to block other user profiles would be removed. The platform, being rebranded as X, has also suffered blackouts and glitches in recent times with the latest one appearing to affect tweets with pictures and links published prior to December 2014. X appeared to have problems displaying old posts that came with attached images or hyperlinks converted using Twitter’s built-in web link shortener. Among the images initially lost was the famous “most retweeted” selfie from the 2014 Oscars by the event’s host and comedian Ellen DeGeneres. This image has since been restored, but most old tweets before December 2014 have broken short links instead of the actual media or links. “More vandalism from Elon Musk. Twitter has now removed all media posted before 2014. That’s - so far - almost a decade of pictures and videos from the early 2000s removed from the service,” Brazilian YouTuber Tom Coates posted on Twitter. The glitch comes after Mr Musk’s X intentionally slowed down access to the sites of rival social media platforms such as Threads, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as those of news organisations like New York Times last week. X seemed to add a delay of about five seconds when people clicked on links to go elsewhere on the web. There are speculations that the latest glitch preventing access to old images could be due to X trying to recover more server space, but this might also not be an intentional move carried out for cost-cutting purposes. Some people also appear to be able to view their old images back again, but it remains unclear why the glitch occurred in the first place. Read More Musk vows to remove blocking function from X/Twitter as new logo debuted Elon Musk says ability to block other X accounts may be removed in future Elon Musk’s X now sorts posts on accounts based on number of likes, not by chronology Musk vows to remove blocking function from X/Twitter as new logo debuted X now sorts posts on accounts based on number of likes, not by chronology Musk’s Twitter takeover sparks mass exodus of climate experts
2023-08-21 12:45
Iceland volcano – live: Eruption could begin in next few days Icelandic Meteorological Office warns
Iceland volcano – live: Eruption could begin in next few days Icelandic Meteorological Office warns
A volcanic eruption that could destroy the Icelandic town of Grindavik could come in a few days, experts have warned. Magmatic gas has been detected at a borehole in Svartsengi, signalling an imminent eruption over the coming days, say the Icelandic Met Office. The country has been shaken by more than 800 small earthquakes, prompting fears that the tremors could disrupt the Fagradalsfjall volcano on the Reykjanes peninsula in the southwest of the country. Scientists have said an eruption at some point is ‘likely’. It comes as a Caterpillar D11 - said to be Iceland’s biggest bulldozer - has been dispatched to help build defences. The huge piece of equipment is constructing trenches to reduce the damage caused by any eventual disaster. Almost 4,000 people were evacuated from Grindavik over the weekend as authorities feared that molten rock would rise to the surface of the earth and potentially hit the coastal town and a geothermal power station. Ragga Agustsdottir, who lives close to Grindavik, said residents were fearful of what could happen if an eruption struck. Scientists have warned Iceland’s south-western peninsula could face “decades” of volcanic instability following eruptions along the peninsula. Read More Biggest volcanic eruptions in the last 10 years as Iceland town faces devastation ‘It’s like a dystopian movie’: Iceland residents describe ‘apocalyptic’ scenes as they flee volcano threat Iceland earthquakes: Are flights still running amid fears of volcano eruption? Is it safe to travel to Iceland? Your rights if you have a holiday booked
2023-11-17 19:50
Iran Transfers US Citizens From Prison in Step Toward Deal
Iran Transfers US Citizens From Prison in Step Toward Deal
Iran moved four US citizens from prison to house arrest in the first step of an emerging deal
2023-08-11 06:24
Arsenal 5-0 Sheffield United: Player ratings as Nketiah bags hat-trick in five-star win
Arsenal 5-0 Sheffield United: Player ratings as Nketiah bags hat-trick in five-star win
Player ratings as Arsenal convincingly beat Sheffield United 5-0 in the Premier League. Eddie Nketiah scores a hat-trick and Fabio Vieira and Takehiro Tomiyasu add the gloss to the scoreline with late goals.
2023-10-29 00:26
Why Jean-Claude Van Damme desperately tried to break into Sylvester Stallone's house
Why Jean-Claude Van Damme desperately tried to break into Sylvester Stallone's house
Jean-Claude Van Damme broke into his idol Sylvester Stallone's home only to meet him
2023-05-21 14:16
California lawmakers advance bill to cool down outside areas at schools
California lawmakers advance bill to cool down outside areas at schools
California is considering legislation to cool down outside areas at schools
2023-06-02 05:57
Erik ten Hag’s got a good thing going at Manchester United – Jonny Evans
Erik ten Hag’s got a good thing going at Manchester United – Jonny Evans
Jonny Evans is convinced Manchester United have a “good thing going” under Erik ten Hag despite their shaky start to the season. Things have gone awry after a promising first campaign under the Dutchman, with the Red Devils losing four of their first six matches in all competitions for the first time since 1986. There were some mitigating factors in that poor run but that did not stop the pressure mounting on the Old Trafford giants heading into Saturday evening’s Premier League trip to Burnley. Ten Hag’s troops were far from their best but Bruno Fernandes’ brilliant volley secured a 1-0 win for a side that begin their Carabao Cup defence at home to Crystal Palace on Tuesday. Evans watched February’s Wembley triumph from the stands and is now back at the club he came through at as a boy, with the experienced defender confident about United’s future. “I’ve had some up and down moments at Man United over the years,” said the defender, who won three Premier League titles and a Champions League during his previous spell at the club. “I think you get that if you want to be at the top. You know, it’s going to be very up and down. “You’ve got to be able to deal with setbacks and this club is a fantastic club, always want to be challenging at the top, so it’s all part and parcel of it. “The manager’s got a good thing going here. “I’m a fan of the club so I was able to watch them a lot last year, been at both finals to support. Like I say, I think the manager’s got a good thing going.” Evans made his second appearance of the season and first United start in eight-and-a-half years on Saturday evening. The 35-year-old impressed against Vincent Kompany’s Burnley, scoring a goal that was disallowed before providing an exceptional pass for Fernandes’ volleyed winner. “That was great,” the beaming Northern Irishman said after his 200th United appearance. “I was really looking forward to it all day. “I got the shout yesterday in training that I was going to be starting, so I couldn’t wait for the game, really. “I was more nervous in the pre-season, my first pre-season game, to be honest, playing up in Edinburgh. “I didn’t feel any nerves tonight. I actually felt a lot of excitement going into the game. I couldn’t wait for it and I felt good, I felt ready.” Evans produced an impressive all-round display at Turf Moor, leading captain Fernandes to pass on the man of the match award that he had been handed. The centre-back joked it was just the third of a career he never expected to return to such heights having left Leicester on the back of relegation and an injury-hit campaign. Asked if he ever thought he would get back to this level, Evans immediately responded: “No, definitely not. “It’s not a case of winding down. I think people’s career trajectories kind of end up that way and it’s very difficult for a club when you’re 35 years old to take a chance on you. “I had a lot of injury problems last year as well, so for the club to do that and see the value in me, I’m very grateful to be given the opportunity. “On one side it feels really surreal and then on the other side it just feels completely normal. “It’s quite difficult to get my head around sometimes, but I’m loving it. “For a 35-year-old I suppose to come back in – they wanted me to come back in and provide cover – not many people get to do that. “I know it’s going be a big challenge but hopefully it’s one that I can take on. “I feel like it’s one that was perfect for me at this stage of my career.”
2023-09-25 05:48
'No indications' that attack on US convoy in Nigeria was targeted, Blinken says
'No indications' that attack on US convoy in Nigeria was targeted, Blinken says
The United States does "not yet know the motive for the attack" on a US convoy in Nigeria Tuesday, but has "no indications at this time that it was targeted against our Mission," Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday.
2023-05-18 03:47
Slick Leverkusen sink derby rivals Cologne to go top
Slick Leverkusen sink derby rivals Cologne to go top
Xabi Alonso's Bayer Leverkusen continued their unbeaten start to the season by sinking derby rivals Cologne 3-0 to return to...
2023-10-08 23:56