
Netanyahu voices support for Israel's military after his allies and son lambaste security officials
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has expressed his full support for the military following recent rhetorical attacks on senior security officials by his far-right political allies and divisive son
2023-08-16 02:48

Kourtney Kardashian says she's 'overwhelmed with gratitude' following epic pregnancy announcement
Kourtney Kardashian and Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker have a lot to be grateful for.
2023-06-19 04:24

'GMA' host Robin Roberts, 62, teases details about wedding to Amber Laign, 44, as she responds to fan's comment
'GMA' host Robin Roberts and Amber Laign who met on a blind date have been together for nearly 18 years
2023-08-04 11:47

World Wide Technology Expands Global Presence to the United Arab Emirates to Accelerate Global Growth
ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 30, 2023--
2023-10-30 13:28

Sir Bobby Charlton death: Legendary 1966 World Cup winner and Man Utd hero dies aged 86
Sir Bobby Charlton, the World Cup winner and European Cup winner who is one of England and Manchester United’s greatest-ever players, has died at the age of 86. Charlton, who won the 1966 Ballon d’Or, became the record goalscorer for both United and England in a career where he became known for his sportsmanship and dignity as well as his flair on the ball and his ferocious shot. A survivor of the 1958 Munich air disaster, Charlton went on to lift the European Cup a decade later, captaining Sir Matt Busby’s team and scoring twice in the 4-1 win over Benfica in the final. Two years earlier, he had been a fundamental part of the only England team to win the World Cup, scoring both goals in the semi-final win over Portugal and playing in a team alongside his brother, Jack. They remain one of just two sets of siblings to win the World Cup. The son of a miner in his native North East and a teenage prodigy, Charlton joined United at 15 and scored twice on his debut as a 19-year-old. He was one of the “Busby Babes”, the team of youthful talents who played attacking football, but eight of his teammates were killed in the plane crash in Munich. Charlton, who was on the flight, survived and went to form a famous attacking trio with George Best and Denis Law. He played 758 games for United – then a record, and a total since only topped by Ryan Giggs – and scored 249 goals, which only Wayne Rooney has beaten. He won three league titles and the FA Cup in his United career. He made 106 appearances for England, also a national record at the time, and was in the squad in four World Cups, playing in three. His total of 49 goals was the most by any England player until first Rooney and then Harry Kane overtook him. Charlton subsequently managed Preston and, for almost four decades, was a United director, playing a part in appointing Sir Alex Ferguson in 1986. He was diagnosed with dementia, which his family announced in 2020. The team will wear black armbands tonight in their Premier League fixture at Sheffield United and the pre-planned minute’s silence will be expanded to pay respects to Sir Bobby. A book of condolence will be open to fans and the public tomorrow (Sunday, 22 October) from 10am in the International Suite at Old Trafford. United said in a statement: “Manchester United are in mourning following the passing of Sir Bobby Charlton, one of the greatest and most beloved players in the history of our club. “Sir Bobby was a hero to millions, not just in Manchester, or the United Kingdom, but wherever football is played around the world. “He was admired as much for his sportsmanship and integrity as he was for his outstanding qualities as a footballer; Sir Bobby will always be remembered as a giant of the game. “A graduate of our youth Academy, Sir Bobby played 758 games and scored 249 goals during 17 years as a Manchester United player, winning the European Cup, three league titles and the FA Cup. For England, he won 106 caps and scored 49 goals for England, and won the 1966 World Cup. “Following his retirement, he went on to serve the club with distinction as a director for 39 years. His unparalleled record of achievement, character and service will be forever etched in the history of Manchester United and English football; and his legacy will live on through the life-changing work of the Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation. “The club’s heartfelt sympathies are with his wife Lady Norma, his daughters and grandchildren, and all who loved him.” Sir Geoff Hurst, who played a key role in the World Cup-winning team alongside Sir Bobby, paid his tribute on X, formerly Twitter: “Very sad news today. One of the true greats Sir Bobby Charlton has passed away. We will never forget him & nor will all of football. A great colleague & friend, he will be sorely missed by all of the country beyond sport alone. Condolences to his family & friends from Geoff and Judith.” Former England captain Gary Lineker said: “For me England’s greatest ever player. “You can only judge players that you have seen in your lifetime and I was lucky enough to see Bobby Charlton play when I was a young boy. It’s a very sad day, he was one of my heroes, one of many people’s heroes. “It’s difficult to judge the ‘best ever’, but he was synonymous with English football all over the world for such a long time. “You could go somewhere that no one spoke English but people would know Bobby Charlton. That was a true testament to the fame he had and a testament to his ability.” David Beckham, who followed Sir Bobby in captaining club and country, took to Instagram to pay his tribute. “It all began with Sir Bobby. Sir Bobby was the reason I had the opportunity to play for Manchester United,” wrote Beckham . “I will be forever grateful to a man I was named after, someone I looked up to and was a hero to many around the world not just in Manchester and our country where he won the World Cup in 1966. “A true gentleman, family man and truly a national hero… Today isn’t just a sad day for Manchester United & England it’s a sad day for football and everything that Sir Bobby represented.. Our thoughts go out to Lady Norma , there daughters and grandchildren x Rest in Peace Sir Bobby. @manchesterunited@england today our hearts are heavy.” Read More Bobby Charlton: England World Cup winner and Manchester United legend A true gentleman – David Beckham pays tribute to ‘national hero’ Bobby Charlton How one impassioned Bobby Charlton video explains why we’re football fans Sir Bobby Charlton: Gary Lineker leads tributes to ‘England’s greatest ever’ Gary Lineker leads tributes to ‘England’s greatest ever’ Sir Bobby Charlton Bobby Charlton’s best games for Manchester United: Cup final hero and record-breaker
2023-10-22 04:46

Inside the East vs. West rap rivalry that led to the murders of Tupac and Notorious B.I.G. in 1990s
Grand jury testimony that helped indict and jail a longtime suspect in the 1996 killing of Tupac Shakur provides new insight into the feud surrounding his death and the killing six months later of rival rapper Notorious B
2023-10-12 12:57

GM's Cruise plans careful re-launch for driverless robotaxis
(Reuters) -General Motors' robotaxi unit Cruise is planning to re-launch in one city, the company said on Wednesday. Cruise had
2023-11-23 05:25

Your Ducking iPhone Will Soon Stop Autocorrecting the F-Word to ‘Duck’
A new iPhone update will spell the end for everyone’s least favorite autocorrect fail.
2023-06-07 21:58

There’s a long way to go – Ange Postecoglou staying grounded despite Spurs form
Ange Postecoglou has played down the significance of Tottenham potentially moving five points clear at the Premier League summit with victory at Crystal Palace on Friday. Spurs returned to top spot on Monday with a 2-0 win at home to Fulham and play before Arsenal and Manchester City this weekend. Postecoglou insisted his primary focus is on improving the team after he was critical of their second-half display against Fulham. “It doesn’t really add any significance because whatever happens Friday night there’s still a full round of Premier League fixtures to be played and nothing of any real significance comes of that,” he said. “We’re in a good space at the moment but again we’ve still got plenty of work to do to make sure what we do now is sustainable. That’s the main thing. “It’s not about making a short-term impact, it’s about building something which hopefully brings sustained opportunities of success for the club. “There is a really good reason no manager will talk about winning a title in October or November because we know there’s a long way to go.” Tottenham’s ascent to first position has seen them score 20 goals in nine matches, but Postecoglou feels attack is the area where they can improve the most. He added: “We still have to grow in every area. There are areas where we are already very good, particularly around the defensive side of the game. I think we’ve been excellent there – really consistent. “I still think our main growth will come in the attacking side of the game. I still think particularly in the front third, a lot of our movements are still not natural and fluent like we want them to be, which isn’t surprising. “But what is getting us the goals is that we have great quality up there, which is contributing to that. I still think the biggest growth for us will be in our attacking side of the game.” Spurs will have to assess Destiny Udogie for the Selhurst Park clash after the left-back was withdrawn in the 56th minute of Monday’s win with muscle tightness. Pape Sarr (illness) and Ben Davies (knock) are fit and Yves Bissouma is also available after he served a one-match ban for his recent red card at Luton, but Postecoglou was coy over his team after Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg impressed against Fulham. “It’s no different to any other week. They’re not really dilemmas, just choices that people in my position have to make and I’ve always made those decisions pretty simply and cleanly about what I think we need,” the Australian coach explained. “Tomorrow night we’ll start with a certain group of players and finish with another and it’s about trying to get the job done. When that games done, we’ll look to the next one. “It’s good to have Biss available, he’s been a big part of what we’re doing. The team did well the other night so that should make us stronger.” Postecoglou also heaped praise on opposite number Roy Hodgson ahead of their second meeting. The Spurs boss faced Hodgson back in 2016 when they were in charge of Australia and England respectively in a friendly at the Stadium of Light. Asked if he still expects to manage at 76, Postecoglou replied: “Who knows. That’s not the plan. Seventy-six? Somewhere on a Greek island, lying back watching football from around the world, maybe doing some punditry and becoming an expert overnight. That’s the plan but you never know in life, mate. “I coached against Roy up in Sunderland so I have had the pleasure of coaching him at international level. “He is an outstanding manager, he’s an absolute gentleman and whenever I have come across him people always talk about the kind of person he is and I love his career, for someone like me with a different journey I have so much admiration for the career he has had.” Read More Maro Itoje praises ‘courageous’ Tom Curry for reporting Mbongeni Mbonambi Shambolic England slip to eight-wicket defeat against Sri Lanka Celtic will only get better at game management – Matt O’Riley Sandro Tonali’s reported ban brings calls for ’empathy and support’ from charity It doesn’t add up – North Wales Crusaders chief on IMG’s new grading system England ‘at end of cycle’ in ODIs – Michael Atherton
2023-10-26 22:29

How tall is Jalen Hurts? Eagles star's height serves him well in his role as QB
Jalen Hurts has played four seasons in the NFL, all with the Philadelphia Eagles
2023-10-18 15:29

John Fury flips tables in chaotic KSI vs Tommy Fury boxing match press conference
The event may still be two months away, but things are certainly heating up for YouTubers KSI and Logan Paul’s fights against Tommy Fury and Dillon Danis respectively – to the extent Fury’s father John Fury flipped tables and brought Tuesday's (August 22) press conference to a dramatic halt. Things were already tense in the build-up, as Paul took to Instagram Live to claim Danis “lodged himself in his [hotel] room” and is “not showing up” for their filmed face-to-face, before Danis finally arrived 40 minutes late. And Danis couldn’t help but clap back on Twitter in relation to the delay, joking he “had a surprise in the hotel room for my birthday”, sharing yet another picture of Paul’s fiancée Nina Agdal. However, the real drama started when Danis walked on-stage with the same Toy Story alien hat worn by Paul in his infamous 2017 video from Japan’s Aokigahara forest in which he filmed a person who had died by suicide, and then launched Prime bottles into the audience. Paul, meanwhile, had his own surprise props, beginning with a poster appearing to show Danis in an altercation together with text saying “real fighter”, and ending with a birthday cake depicting a bloodied Danis knocked out on the floor. “Dillon Danis, the ‘real fighter’ who got choked out by a boxer in a club,” Paul said, while holding up the poster. Danis immediately retorted: “Your girl got f***ed by 75 other guys before you married her, shut the f*** up.” Elsewhere, Tommy Fury insisted “YouTube boxing will be done” if he wins, while KSI – real name Olajide “JJ” Olatunji – claimed “people are going to look at me differently” if he is victorious, joking that he is “the one that can see John Cena”. Though it was Fury’s father John, who was sat on stage with his son, who arguably stole the show, when he escalated things considerably. As the fighters trash talked each other, he intervened and said: “Can we stop this s***e? This is getting me down. “Let’s talk some proper stuff. People’s come here today to hear fighting talk, let’s hear it. “It’s not kindergarten stuff, it’s serious business – men’s gonna get put to sleep in a few weeks’ time, so let’s talk about how it’s gonna happen!” As he got increasingly agitated about wanting to get the “ball rolling”, Fury fumed: “Get the cake and shove it up you’re a***hole, before I do it.” Then, as he complained about the “antics” between the fighters, he was seen punching a table before flipping them over. As chaos ensued, Paul got the head of Danis from his cake and lobbed it at his opponent. The conference was then brought to a sudden pause, with a break in proceedings before the event resumed for a face-off between KSI and Fury – one which saw KSI push Fury away from him. No face-off took place between Danis and Paul. The boxing match involving all four fighters takes place in Manchester on 14 October. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-08-23 00:24

Matt Duchene helps Stars rally from 2-goal deficit in a 5-2 victory over the Blue Jackets
Matt Duchene scored the go-ahead goal in the second period and the Dallas Stars rallied from a two-goal deficit, beating the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-2 and snapping a two-game losing streak
2023-11-10 11:52
You Might Like...

China expresses support for Serbia in renewed Kosovo clashes involving NATO troops

Tim Robbins has brutal response to Trump supporter who claimed they 'hanged out'

When Andrew Tate called Bill Gates 'geek' and challenged his empire: 'Who even uses Windows? Nobody!'

Romelu Lukaku & Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang approached over Saudi Arabia moves

Ukraine spy chief’s wife treated for metal poisoning as Putin rants at West for ‘plundering’ Russia

Israel-Hamas war means one less overseas option for WNBA players with Russia already out

Russia withdraws new ruble note after church complaint

Israel's Supreme Court says it will not block law that limits its power -- for now