Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Quest to bring priest charged with torture in Argentina to justice
Quest to bring priest charged with torture in Argentina to justice
Father Franco Reverberi is wanted in Argentina on charges of murder and torture under military rule.
2023-09-15 07:53
Liberal Wisconsin Supreme Court justice rejects GOP call to recuse on redistricting cases
Liberal Wisconsin Supreme Court justice rejects GOP call to recuse on redistricting cases
A newly elected liberal Wisconsin Supreme Court justice has declined to recuse herself from a pair of redistricting lawsuits
2023-10-07 06:48
DeSantis Heads to Iowa in Fight for Trump Votes in Heartland
DeSantis Heads to Iowa in Fight for Trump Votes in Heartland
Ron DeSantis is kicking off his 2024 Republican presidential campaign this week with a trip to early voting
2023-05-31 09:49
Football rumours: Magpies hope new deal prevents Bruno Guimaraes flying the nest
Football rumours: Magpies hope new deal prevents Bruno Guimaraes flying the nest
What the papers say The in-demand Bruno Guimaraes looks set to stay at Newcastle after the club reportedly offered him £200,000 a week to stay at the club in an effort to see off advances from Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona, the Sun said. If the 25-year-old midfielder agrees to the terms it would make him the highest paid player at the club. The Daily Mail said Portuguese forward Joao Felix has been offered to Newcastle on a loan deal after Chelsea opted not to sign the forward on a permanent transfer from Atletico Madrid. Harry Kane has expressed his desire to stay in England and move to Manchester United this summer rather than a move overseas, with the Sun claiming he is willing to see out his contract and leave Tottenham as a free agent next year if his transfer is blocked. Tottenham are reportedly increasing their interest in Celtic’s Australian manager Ange Postecoglou, according to the Daily Mail. The Telegraph says Sam Allardyce’s short stint at Leeds is set to come to an end on Thursday as the veteran manager is set to meet with the club’s senior figures. Social media round-up Players to watch Benjamin Pavard: The 27-year-old French defender does not want to renew his contract at Bayern Munich in 2024 with Manchester United, Inter Milan and Barcelona all interested in his signature, according to French outlet L’Equipe. Kalidou Koulibaly: Chelsea are reportedly looking to sell the Senegalese defender over the summer, the Evening Standard said. Chelsea signed him from Serie A team Napoli last year for around £33million. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live On this day in 2019: Liverpool beat Tottenham to clinch Champions League Jose Mourinho: I’ve never gone home prouder than today, even when I won James Vince becomes Blast’s leading run-scorer but Will Jacks spoils his night
2023-06-01 14:54
Alix Earle posts 'GRWM' video, talks about bucket list and guys she met in Santorini, concerned fans warn her of 'stalkers'
Alix Earle posts 'GRWM' video, talks about bucket list and guys she met in Santorini, concerned fans warn her of 'stalkers'
Earle's outfit is the epitome of sexy and stylish as she chose a white sheer one-piece dress that perfectly complements her tanned skin
2023-05-30 19:53
South Africa Will Provide $2.5 Billion Guarantee to Transnet
South Africa Will Provide $2.5 Billion Guarantee to Transnet
South Africa’s National Treasury agreed to provide a 47 billion-rand ($2.5 billion) guarantee facility to Transnet SOC Ltd.,
2023-12-01 14:49
Mega Millions jackpot grows to $820 million after no big winners in Friday's drawing
Mega Millions jackpot grows to $820 million after no big winners in Friday's drawing
Days after a Powerball ticket won just north of a billion dollars, the Mega Millions lottery closes in on a similar grand prize after no tickets won the jackpot in Friday's drawing.
2023-07-22 14:24
Vietnam's plan for spending $15.5 billion for its clean energy transition to be announced at COP28
Vietnam's plan for spending $15.5 billion for its clean energy transition to be announced at COP28
A plan for how Vietnam will spend $15.5 billion to transition to cleaner energy has been finalized and will be announced formally at the COP28 climate conference, which begins in Dubai next week
2023-11-24 19:23
Microsoft searching for solutions over UK block on Activision deal -president
Microsoft searching for solutions over UK block on Activision deal -president
By Paul Sandle LONDON (Reuters) -The president of Microsoft said he was looking for solutions to try to get British
2023-06-06 19:20
Heavyweight boxing is decaying before our eyes – no other sport would survive this idiocy
Heavyweight boxing is decaying before our eyes – no other sport would survive this idiocy
There might be a crisis in the heavyweight division unless the television companies, the promoters, the chancers, the tyrants at the sanctioning bodies, the fixers and the fighters start to realise that they are part of a rich history. The heavyweight division is not a random board game, a place where a good spin can turn the world upside down and a place where all sense of perspective is lost. It is not a game, but it is being run like a crazy game of chance. Tyson Fury, Oleksandr Usyk, Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are circling each other with very little real indication that they will fight each other. In many ways, the crisis point was a long, long time ago. There was a bold claim about six months ago that Saudi Arabian riches would transform the heavyweight division, a claim that over $400m was on the table for the leading four men to meet on one night in two fights. A lot of so-called media were delivered to Riyadh and told the hefty Four Kings would fight, it would be in December, and the heavyweight fairy tale would be complete. The chosen insiders were quick to assure everyone that the money was real, the conviction was real and that it would happen. It fell apart; Fury walked away, Usyk kept busy, Wilder and Joshua are still, in theory, part of a crazy plan. However, even their fight in Saudi in January or February is starting to look more and more like a mirage in that fighting desert. Eddie Hearn, the promoter of Joshua, has not yet ruled the fight out. Usyk’s promoter, Alex Krassyuk, has not yet ruled out a Fury fight. Wilder’s people flew to Saudi to do a direct deal with the promotional company there, so presumably they are still part of the circus. Fury, meanwhile, will fight in Riyadh next month, but his fight with former UFC champion Francis Ngannou is being promoted by another branch of the Saudi government. It is difficult to keep up with this soap opera with blood. Ngannou, incidentally, has never had a single boxing match as an amateur or a professional; his 10 rounds with Fury have recently been given a belt by the WBC. It will not be for Fury’s actual WBC heavyweight title, which I guess is a small mercy. The new Saudi belt, complete with diamonds and gold, is still a belt and that means Ngannou, who is being trained by Mike Tyson, will fight for a WBC belt in his first ever appearance in a boxing ring. Shame on the WBC and their desperate attempt to be relevant. I have no problem with the fight, no problem with crossover events, but the WBC’s decision to award the winner a belt is pathetic. The WBC representative in Riyadh will need sharp elbows to get his face on television, because the Saudi families tend to flood the post-fight ring. Ngannou, incidentally, has been measured to possess the hardest punch in history. It is hard to invent this glorious nonsense. Fury has gone down this route because the money is there, and he is sick and tired of the relentless negotiations for a fight with either Usyk or Joshua. He is, it must be said, not entirely innocent. Although it is hard to blame Fury for going down the Ngannou route, talk of a rematch under mixed martial arts rules is slightly alarming. It is probably harmless chat, but the WBC needs to decide how long they will let their champion loose in the lawless playground of celebrity and crossover fights. There is simply no order, no strict rules, and nobody in a position to call a halt to the anarchy. In the last 12 months, Joshua has fought twice, staying busy and learning with his new coach; Fury has not fought since beating Derek Chisora for the third time last December in defence of his WBC title; Wilder has not been near a ring this year; Usyk stopped Daniel Dubois last month to retain his WBO, WBA and IBF titles. Dubois, incidentally, officially launched an appeal against the decision in that fight, claiming that the fight should have been stopped in Round 5 when he landed what he considers a legitimate body shot. Usyk was instead given nearly four minutes to recover. Krassyuk has ruled out a rematch, insisting that the punch was low and illegal. It means that in 2023, with two champions owning four recognised belts, with a lot of television backing and with a lot of quality contenders, there will be only one world heavyweight title fight. It is crazy and self-harming, and no other sport would survive such idiocy. Boxing has always been in a race against time, a race to get as much money as possible, as quickly and safely as possible, but this decaying state is so bad for business that it will hurt the business going forward. Read More Fans tear apart Tyson Fury over claim that Francis Ngannou poses tougher test than Oleksandr Usyk Watch moment topless Tyson Fury goads Francis Ngannou into taking his shirt off during press conference Sean Strickland shocks Israel Adesanya and MMA world with title win at UFC 293 Eddie Hearn outlines ‘deluded’ plan for Anthony Joshua Tyson Fury urged to highlight Saudi Arabia’s ‘disturbing’ human rights record What is an exhibition fight and how is it different to a professional bout?
2023-09-12 16:53
Phillies place OF Marsh on 10-day injured list with left knee contusion
Phillies place OF Marsh on 10-day injured list with left knee contusion
The Philadelphia Phillies have placed outfielder Brandon Marsh on the 10-day injured list with a left knee contusion
2023-08-07 02:20
Daniel Sloss standup clip recirculates as he's praised for speaking out against Russell Brand
Daniel Sloss standup clip recirculates as he's praised for speaking out against Russell Brand
Comedian Daniel Sloss is being praised by viewers after he spoke out against Russell Brand in a joint investigation from Channel 4 and The Times. Brand, 48, has been accused of rape, sexual assault, and abuse by four women. In a video uploaded to the comedian's social media platforms on Friday night (September 15) before the allegations were made public, Brand said he "absolutely refute[s]" the claims made towards him. He told viewers that all relationships he had were "absolutely always consensual". During the Channel 4 Dispatches, it was revealed that comedians who worked in the industry at the same time as Brand were contacted, but only one was willing to speak on camera. That comedian was Daniel Sloss. As Sloss, 33, sits down to talk to an off-screen interviewer, he says, "this is scary, this is intimidating, and if I'm scared of this, and there's almost no consequences to me, what do people who have suffered, and been subject to, his alleged behaviours, how must they feel?" "I couldn't not say something," the Scottish comedian goes on to say. "There were many stories, it wasn't just coming from one person or one group of people, it was different incidents [...] and of varying degrees of severity. "I'm stood in artist bars, with agents, promoters, channel commissioners, and I'm hearing these allegations, and these rumours, about Russell in the same room as these people are in. And then later on, he would be in a movie, he would be on a television show, he would be hosting something. He was still being employed." Sloss went on to say that he knew of female comedians setting up WhatsApp groups to warn one another of comedians and others in the industry to avoid. "I know for many, many years, women have been warning each other about Russell," he shares. Sloss' appearance on the documentary brought in a lot of praise from viewers, many also took the opportunity to repost a clip from his Netflix special 'X' which tackles sexual assault. In the clip, Sloss says, "There are monsters amongst us, and they look like us. If you are sick of the narrative that's currently going on about men, feel free to change it, but you have to get involved. "Don't make the same mistake I did for years, which was just sitting back and being like, 'well, I'm not a part of the problem, therefore I must be part of the solution,'" Sloss tells his audience. Going on to say that he knows "most men are good", but if men don't do anything about the minority that are dangerous "they might as well not f***ing be there." Sloss tells men to "prevent" rape, rather than having a "hero complex of being like, 'I'm going to beat up a rapist.'" After the documentary aired, many took the time to share the clip on social media and commend Sloss for continuing to speak up against predatory behaviour. As the Dispatches program aired Saturday night, Brand was performing a sold out show, telling audience members they would "appreciate" that there were certain things he could not talk about. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-17 17:27