
England's title defense in trouble at Cricket World Cup after stunning loss to Afghanistan
England’s title defense at the Cricket World Cup is in real trouble after losing to Afghanistan by 69 runs in one of the biggest shocks in the tournament’s history
2023-10-16 00:25

Suella Braverman: No flights before election under PM's Rwanda plan
"Tinkering with a failed plan" will not achieve the government's aims, the former home secretary says.
2023-11-17 06:51

Variety revises article on former CNN chief Jeff Zucker that was sharply criticized
Under fire this week for an investigative story on former CNN chief Jeff Zucker, the entertainment publication Variety made changes to the piece on Friday
2023-07-29 12:29

Steve Clarke says Scotland have ‘lots to improve’ after defeat to France
Steve Clarke has told his Scotland players to “stop this run” of defeats next month after losing 4-1 to France in Lille. The Scots went into the friendly knowing they had qualified for the 2024 European Championships after Spain beat Norway at the weekend to ensure a top-two finish in Group A. Scotland had lost 2-0 to Spain last week on the back of a 3-1 loss to England at Hampden Park in the 150th Heritage Anniversary match and the French were even classier. Clarke made eight changes from Seville – goalkeepers Liam Kelly and Zander Clark played a half each on their debuts. Scotland stunned the home side when midfielder Billy Gilmour guided in the opener after 11 minutes – his first ever senior goal. However, France defender Benjamin Pavard scored two headers, skipper Kylian Mbappe added a third from the spot before the break after a VAR intervention saw referee Tobias Stieler judge Scotland defender Liam Cooper had held Olivier Giroud and substitute Kingsley Coman hammered in a fourth. After victory in their first five Euro qualifiers, Scotland have lost three in a row and Clarke wants to get that winning feeling back in the final two qualifiers against Georgia next month before the final game against Norway. He said: “We can take away the memory of the qualification but we lost two games in the camp. “We don’t like losing. I don’t want them to be comfortable losing or happy to lose. We have lost three in a row now and I have asked them to make sure that when we got to Georgia that we stop this run Steve Clarke “We spoke about that after the game. It is important we set our standards higher than that. “We have lost three in a row now and I have asked them to make sure that when we got to Georgia that we stop this run. “We want to finish on the same points as Spain so the target is to finish with 21 point which will make it a good campaign.” Clarke, who was “happy” with his team selection, acknowledged the superiority of the home side. He said: “I thought we started the game really well, the first 15 minute was good and we got ourselves in front. “To concede a goal from a corner was disappointing because we know France can score from open play and we try not to give goals away from set plays. “The third goal – I don’t think VAR should have got involved in the decision, it was soft and when the referee goes there he has to be strong to stick with his original decision. “Both players were at it and that takes the game away from us. “The second half was OK but France are always a threat with their pace and power and quality. “So lots to learn, lots to improve. We know we are not at that level yet. “It is level we are going to strive to get to and the harder we strive the better team we will be.” After sealing qualification to Euro 2024 with a 2-1 win over the Netherlands on Friday, France boss Didier Deschamps was happy to finish the camp off with a convincing win He said: “It was a very good week, When you win you are always happy. “The most important thing was against the Netherlands on Friday night and the fact that we have shown so much quality tonight as well, it is a great satisfaction for us. “We created lots of chances against a team that can defend pretty well and has a lot of qualities. So we are very happy.” Read More Michael O’Neill wants Shea Charles to learn from dismissal on frustrating night Republic of Ireland heading in the right direction – striker Callum Robinson Scotland come back to earth as France recover from early fright Shea Charles dismissed as Northern Ireland lose at home to Slovenia Jordan Henderson has ‘no regrets’ over Saudi Arabia move despite being booed Rassie Erasmus expects England to have ‘some beef’ with South Africa
2023-10-18 06:45

Burnley secure first Premier League win with late victory at Luton
Jacob Bruun Larsen’s dramatic winner snatched Burnley their first Premier League win of the season – a 2-1 victory at Luton Town. The Dane’s goal-of-the-season contender came after Lyle Foster’s opener had been cancelled out by Hatters striker Elijah Adebayo. Rob Edwards’ side were left to rue missed chances once again as they failed to build on Saturday’s 2-1 win at Everton. Carlton Morris set the tone in the opening seconds when he closed down goalkeeper James Trafford’s clearance and minutes later his strike from inside the box went narrowly wide as the hosts looked for an early opener. Burnley were second-best for the first 20 minutes, but Vincent Kompany’s men rode the storm and began to enjoy some success. Clarets forward Zeki Amdouni tested Thomas Kaminski with a header from a corner that forced an acrobatic save from the Belgian to keep the score level. This came shortly before Josh Brownhill had fired a warning shot from distance which narrowly avoided Kaminski’s top corner. The chance of the half came in the 33rd minute. Alfie Doughty found wing-back partner Issa Kabore and he sent over a cross in search of Morris but the ball fell kindly for Chiedozie Ogbene, whose diving header was inches away from nestling inside Trafford’s post. However, it was Burnley who struck first in time added on in the first half. Sander Berge did well to find Foster and he beat Tom Lockyer in a foot race to tuck his effort away. The Hatters almost equalised when Doughty’s inch-perfect corner found the head of Morris and his glancing header went inches wide. Substitute Adebayo found the head of Jacob Brown who was denied by Josh Cullen on the line as the tide began to turn with 25 minutes to go. After Morris was denied a penalty, his header missed the target once again as it started to feel like it was not going to be the Hatters’ night. But it was Adebayo who grabbed Luton the goal they deserved after 84 minutes. Reece Burke got on the end of a deep cross and provided the knockdown to the striker, who sorted his feet out and tapped home to level. But their joy was short-lived as Burnley scored a second a minute later to stun Kenilworth Road into silence. Bruun Larsen cut inside and produced an outstanding curled effort which found the top corner in front of the away fans. Luton searched for a second equaliser during seven added minutes but it was not to be and Burnley held on for the win to move up to 18th in the table. Read More That’s wrong Daz – panicked VAR recording of Luis Diaz disallowed goal released Kieran Trippier aims to ruin Kylian Mbappe’s Newcastle trip even if son is upset PGMOL release audio and review after Diaz’s disallowed goal for Liverpool Liverpool to be sent audio from VAR controversy before it is released publicly Liverpool request VAR audio of match-altering Luis Diaz goal decision Mauricio Pochettino’s faith in Mykhailo Mudryk is exactly what Chelsea need
2023-10-04 05:48

Liverpool great in tears after final match at Anfield
It was almost the perfect fairytale sendoff.
2023-05-22 00:29

Tristan Tate takes dig at films 'Emancipation' and 'Django Unchained' for branding 'every white American evil', trolls say 'you’re half-black'
Tristan Tate claimed that a majority of those of fought and died in the war to free the slaves were White men
2023-07-08 17:26

Strong demand drives US new vehicle sales higher in the first half of the year
Demand for new SUVs, trucks and cars in the U.S. picked up steam in the second quarter, but the stronger sales kept prices high for consumers
2023-07-06 06:15

Judge tears up and spares 96-year-old man from jail after hearing heartbreaking reason behind his crime
Judge Frank Caprio has gone viral after sparing a 96-year-old man from jail after learning the reason for his crime. The man, named only as Mr Coella, appeared in court after he was hit with a school zone violation for speeding while driving with his 63-year-old son in the car. In the clip, Mr Coella explains: “I don’t drive that fast, Judge. I’m 96 years old and I drive slowly. I only drive when I have to.” He then explained he was taking his son to have blood work done at the hospital. “I take him for blood work every two weeks because he’s got cancer,” Mr Coella said. The 96-year-old can then be seen becoming emotional, while Judge Caprio also tears up and dismisses the case. The judge said: “You are a good man. You really are what America is all about. Here you are in your nineties and you’re still taking care of your family. It’s just a wonderful thing for you. “I wish the best for your son and I wish you good health and your case is dismissed. Good luck to you and God bless you.” The clip was shared on TikTok where users were also left in tears by the judge’s kind words. One person commented: “Seeing this old man’s face breaks my heart. Proud dad.” Another person said: “I’m not crying, you are.” Judge Caprio went viral earlier this year after paying off a man’s fine who had walked five miles to court with less than a dollar to his name. Daniel Murray was given five parking tickets and a $250 dollar fine. After hearing about his journey, Judge Caprio told Mr Murray that he would use his fund, the Philomena Fund, named after his mother to pay off the fines. He also handed him $25 so he could get an Uber home. Judge Caprio stars in the TV show Caught in Providence. Read More Police officer killed, another injured in Hartford after their cruiser is struck by a speeding car Man arrested driving to court to be sentenced for the same crime Noel Gallagher handed six-month ban for going 41mph in 30 zone despite not having driving licence
2023-09-11 21:49

Family reunion: Brusdar Graterol's mom sees her son pitch for first time in the majors
Brusdar Graterol never gave up hope that his mother would be able to see him pitch in person in the major leagues
2023-09-20 15:18

Rob McElhenney's wife hilariously confirms rumour that he 'cheated' on her
The wife of Rob McElhenney has hilariously trolled gossip sites that claimed her husband cheated on her while in Wales. Actors Kaitlin Olson and McElhenney have been married since 2008 and share two children together, with McElhenney recently making headlines after becoming the co-owner of the Welsh football club Wrexham AFC with fellow actor Ryan Reynolds. It is during one of his trips to Wales that the gossip site PerezHilton.com published the rumour that McElhenney cheated on his wife. Olson shut down the rumours with hilarious a comeback, jokingly writing that it was she who had an affair with an actual whale (yes, the animal). Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter On Twitter, she joked: “It was me who had the affair. But it was not with someone from Wales. It was with a whale. “I’ve always loved whales. They’re the bosses of the ocean and I’m attracted to power. We ask for privacy as we navigate this difficult time.” The tweet sparked a whole host of marine-related puns as people praised Olson and McElhenney for mocking the baseless rumours. One person responded: “I wish you both whale.” Another reasoned: “I have to deduct points for not closing with ‘as we navigate these rough waters’.” “Was it a Sperm Whale?” someone else asked. McElhenney also got in on the action, after sharing his wife’s tweet and jokingly adding: “Sad to admit that the rumor is true. However, some of the details are…. Incorrect.” The USA fan account for Wrexham replied: “Something tells me they are not fin-ished… moar to this story I’m shore.” Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-04 20:18

The UN Security Council is trying for a fifth time to adopt a resolution on the Israel-Hamas war
After four failed attempts, the U.N. Security Council is trying for a fifth time to come up with a resolution on the Israel-Hamas war
2023-11-15 11:45
You Might Like...

In Wisconsin, a court that almost overturned Biden's win flips to liberal control

Chargers expect rookie linebacker Tuli Tuipulotu will again raise his game with Joey Bosa out

WATCH: Joe Burrow can’t grip or throw football after freak injury

The loneliness of one of Albania's last sworn virgins

Tom Cruise, 61, looks sharp in sleek black suit at NYC premiere of 'Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning'

NFL Week 5: Who is Playing Sunday Night Football?

'So happy': Fans express excitement as 'GMA's Robin Roberts talks about meeting with her wedding planner before nuptials

Taylor Swift sends shock reply to fan who missed out on tour tickets