TikTok prankster Mizzy banned from using social media, judge rules
TikTok prankster Mizzy has been banned from using social media after he was found guilty of posting videos without consent. The star, real name Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, was found to have “deliberately flouted” a court order prohibiting him from sharing videos of people without their consent “within hours” of it being passed. Judge Matthew Bone, overseeing the 19-year-old’s trial at Stratford Magistrates Court on Thursday, slammed O’Garro for “lacking all credibility” after he denied four counts of breaching the order. He ordered the father-of-one not to use social media “at all” except to send messages until he is sentenced next month and warned that he could go to prison for the offences he had committed. It comes after O’Garro’s defence lawyer Paul Lennon revealed to the court earlier on Thursday that his client had been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. O’Garro’s main witness in the case, who was due to give evidence at the trial, was also arrested and both were bailed on the condition that they do not contact each other. Mr Lennon attempted to adjourn the hearing, claiming O’Garro was unable to receive a “fair trial” without his only witness, but his application was rejected by Judge Bone. I found it to be an intentional, immediate, and deliberate challenge to the criminal behaviour order Judge Bone The court heard how O’Garro began sharing videos of people without their consent on the same day the criminal behaviour order was passed on May 24 this year. It was shown footage, shared on O’Garro’s Twitter account on the night of May 24 featuring him in Westfield shopping centre, Stratford, after he appeared on Piers Morgan’s TalkTV show and mocked the British judicial system. In the video, passersby were visible in the background as Mizzy said to the camera: “The UK law is a joke.” Other videos shared on O’Garro’s Snapchat account, which were also in breach, showed him grabbing hold of a schoolboy by his uniform and another showing him fight a man with dwarfism, which O’Garro claimed were hoax videos made with their prior agreement. O’Garro’s claim that one of his friends, who had access to his login details, posted the Twitter videos without his consent, was dismissed by Judge Bone as “inconceivable”. The judge said: “I have to say I did not accept the evidence of the defendant – it lacked all credibility. “Within hours of the criminal behaviour order he posed (in Westfield) stating the video would be shared and it was. “The defendant was filmed trying to shake a man’s hand from whom consent was not obtained. “He had just appeared on national television saying the British law was weak. “I found it to be an intentional, immediate and deliberate challenge to the criminal behaviour order. You need to understand that you deliberately flouted this court order within hours of it being made Judge Bone “Dealing again with charge four, two people were roughed up on camera by the defendant – I found his behaviour was again a deliberate challenge to the criminal behaviour order.” Judge Bone found O’Garro not guilty on two further counts of the same charge, ruling that the videos in question may already have been shared before the criminal behaviour order was passed. However, he warned O’Garro: “The defendant shouldn’t take much comfort from that. “What I have convicted him of crosses the custody threshold. “This is a man who has stepped over the line of the order in a deliberate way. “You need to understand the seriousness of your situation now. “You need to understand that you deliberately flouted this court order within hours of it being made.” O’Garro will be sentenced on November 21 at Thames Magistrates Court. Read More Study finds ‘deepfakes’ from Ukraine war undermining trust in conflict footage More than 500 potential cyber attacks logged every second, BT says AI being used to create child abuse imagery, watchdog warns ChatGPT and other chatbots ‘can be tricked into making code for cyber attacks’ Tinder adds Matchmaker feature to let friends recommend potential dates Google and Meta withdraw from upcoming Web Summit
2023-10-27 00:58
Justice Department urges judge to not postpone Trump's classified documents trial
The Justice Department is urging a judge to reject Donald Trump’s efforts to postpone his classified documents trial, saying there was no basis for an “open-ended” delay sought by his lawyers
2023-07-14 05:45
Record for world’s most expensive cheese broken
The world record for the most expensive cheese has been broken. The cabrales blue cheese of northern Spain earned the title of the world’s most expensive cheese after a 2.2kg wheel was sold at auction for €30,000. It also won best cabrales of the year at the principality’s 51st annual competition. “We knew we had a good cheese but also that it is very difficult to win,” Guillermo Pendás, who made it for his family’s Los Puertos factory, told EFE, Spain’s state news agency. Mr Pendás mother Rosa Vada, who owns the Los Puertos factory, said the cheese had been matured in a cave at an altitude of 1,400 metres, at a temperature of 7C, where it spent “a minimum of eight months”. The cheese was sold to restaurant owner Iván Suárez, who owns El Llagar de Colloto in Asturias. Mr Suárez said “the passion for the land” and “recognising the work of the cheesemakers” made him buy the cheese. When asked for the address of her factory, Ms Vada said: “Póo [high place] de Cabrales. The town is so small they don’t name the streets. It’s best to ask.” The usual price of cabrales is €35 to €40 a kilo. The cheese is made using raw cow’s milk or a mixture of cow’s, sheep’s and goat’s milk and matures in caves in the Cabrales area in the Picos de Europa national park. Mature cheeses are taken down the mountain from the caves on foot. The previous Guinness World Record price was set at €20,500 in 2019 for a cheese also bought by Mr Suárez. Read More Man crushed to death by thousands of cheese wheels Woman wins famous UK cheese rolling race despite being knocked unconscious Nacho cheese floods highway after scores of cans tumble from truck
2023-08-29 16:56
Logan Paul trolled for his WWE celebration photos, Internet calls him 'cringe'
Logan Paul celebrated his victory by sharing a series of photos on Instagram, capturing different moments of his life with the championship belt
2023-11-10 18:15
San Antonio mural artist manifested Victor Wembanyama to Spurs
The Spurs won the NBA Draft Lottery and the right to select Victor Wembanyama and a mural artist may have manifested it all into existence.The San Antonio Spurs have picked No. 1 overall in the NBA Draft just twice since 1985. The last two times that they did, however, the franchise ended up wit...
2023-05-18 06:24
Fall abortion battle propels huge early voter turnout for an Ohio special election next week
Republicans in Ohio have set in motion a summer special election over a measure that would make it harder for voters to pass future constitutional amendments
2023-08-04 20:21
Why did Teresa Giudice call Sofia Vergara ‘rudest woman’? 'RHONJ' star recalls unpleasant interaction with 'AGT' judge
'RHONJ' star Teresa Giudice made it clear that she is not a fan of 'AGT' judge Sofia Vergara
2023-07-27 10:21
Paris Fashion Week starts after Balmain robbery
The hectic fashion season reaches its last stop in Paris on Monday, with the biggest intrigue being whether beloved brand Balmain can recover from the...
2023-09-23 13:56
WTO warns of 'first signs' of trade de-globalisation
The de-globalisation of international trade is far from being a reality, but "the first signs of fragmentation" are appearing, the WTO warned Tuesday, concerned of the effects of the...
2023-09-12 18:19
Industry Leader Joe Persechino Joins Yugo as Chief Operating Officer; Christopher Holloway Promoted to Chief Business Development Officer
LONDON & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 11, 2023--
2023-10-11 16:22
England's Vunipola sees red as Ireland ease to World Cup warm-up win
Billy Vunipola became the second England player to be sent off in a week as Ireland eased to a 29-10 Rugby World Cup warm-up...
2023-08-20 03:22
Brazilian players at Women's World Cup urge fans back home to skip work to watch their matches
Brazil’s players have urged their fans back in South America to stay home from work and watch them begin their Women’s World Cup campaign on Monday morning against Panama
2023-07-22 08:51
You Might Like...
Wilson, Sutton hook up for winning TD as Broncos rally to end Vikings' 5-game winning streak, 21-20
How old was Joe Keery when he was cast as Steve Harrington? 'Stranger Things' star feels 'it's time' for series to end
Russian transgender people 'in total despair' over new bill
Williams confirm Sargeant to stay with F1 team in 2024
Dollar near two-week high as Fed decision looms; Aussie falls
How did Logan Paul propose to girlfriend Nina Agdal? YouTuber popped the question with wrong size ring, here's what happened next
'It’s giving abusive': 'The Ultimatum: Queer Love' star Vanessa labeled 'red flag' for mistreating Xander
When is the Next Diablo 4 Patch?
