Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
More Americans apply for jobless benefits but labor market remains tight
More Americans apply for jobless benefits but labor market remains tight
U.S. applications for jobless claims rose slightly last week but remain at healthy levels as companies seem reticent to let go of employees in a tight labor market
2023-05-25 20:47
Ryder Rolls Out Torque by Ryder, a New Retail Mobile Maintenance Service
Ryder Rolls Out Torque by Ryder, a New Retail Mobile Maintenance Service
MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 12, 2023--
2023-07-12 18:58
Georgia Stanway disappointed to miss ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ Ballon d’Or ceremony
Georgia Stanway disappointed to miss ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ Ballon d’Or ceremony
Georgia Stanway says it is frustrating the Ballon d’Or ceremony taking place on the eve of a round of women’s international games was not “planned a little bit better”. The England and Bayern Munich midfielder is among the nominees but will not be at Monday evening’s ceremony in Paris as she prepares for the Lionesses’ match against Belgium in Leuven, part of a busy schedule of Nations League fixtures on Tuesday. Stanway, whose international team-mates Mary Earps, Millie Bright and Rachel Daly have also been shortlisted, told a press conference regarding her nomination: “It’s very cool, and nice to get the accolade as well as a lot of the team-mates in the Lionesses. “There’s a few people I would also add to the list who have had very, very successful years. It’s a real achievement to be amongst those names. “It’s unfortunate we couldn’t be there. That’s something we spoke as a player group (about), and we just kind of said it would be nice in the future if it wasn’t on a matchday minus one, so that we could enjoy the experience. “It is (frustrating), because it’s potentially a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You never know if you’re ever going to get selected for such an accolade like that again, so it would be really nice to enjoy the experience and be there and feel like a star amongst the stars. It would be nice in the future if it wasn’t on a matchday minus one, so that we could enjoy the experience. Georgia Stanway “If it was planned a little bit better, then maybe it would be easier for a lot of female footballers to be there.” Asked for her thoughts on the matter, and on there only being one female Ballon d’Or category, England boss Sarina Wiegman added: “You hope that develops too. “We talk about the planning now. Everyone is working so hard and of course we have to do a job, that’s what we’re here for. “So you can’t attend that, and it would be really nice if things like that are organised so that players have the opportunity to join too.” Read More Bukayo Saka does not fear burnout and is keen to feature in every Arsenal match Early exit puts Champions Trophy at risk – England’s dismal World Cup defence A Premier League winner and ex-England international – Danny Drinkwater retires
2023-10-30 20:52
The Noah's Ark for plants beneath the English countryside
The Noah's Ark for plants beneath the English countryside
Inside bomb-proof frozen vaults underneath the English countryside hides a treasure trove of 40,000 species of wild plant seeds from around the world, many of...
2023-05-19 11:18
Which are Tony Bennett's 5 most iconic songs? Jazz genius won more than 20 Grammys in his music career
Which are Tony Bennett's 5 most iconic songs? Jazz genius won more than 20 Grammys in his music career
Tony Bennett died at the age of 96 in his New York City residence while he was battling Alzheimer's disease
2023-07-22 04:58
Reds beat Blue Jays 1-0 on Christian Encarnacion-Strand's HR in 9th inning
Reds beat Blue Jays 1-0 on Christian Encarnacion-Strand's HR in 9th inning
CINCINNATI (AP) — Christian Encarnacion-Strand homered in the ninth inning, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Toronto Blue Jays 1-0 on Friday night in the opener of an interleague series between playoff contenders.
2023-08-19 10:46
Vintage Verlander silences Seattle as Astros top M's 5-1 to open key series in playoff race
Vintage Verlander silences Seattle as Astros top M's 5-1 to open key series in playoff race
Justin Verlander took a shutout into the ninth inning, allowing just three hits and worked out of the one jam he faced, and the Houston Astros created some cushion in the AL playoff chase with a 5-1 win over the Seattle Mariners
2023-09-26 13:24
Russia may attack civilian ships with sea mines and blame Ukraine, UK warns
Russia may attack civilian ships with sea mines and blame Ukraine, UK warns
Russia may use sea mines to target non-military ships and blame Ukraine for any attacks, the UK Government has said. Declassified intelligence warned last month that the Russian military had attempted a missile strike against a cargo ship in the Black Sea. The UK believes Russia could continue targeting civilian shipping, including by laying explosive devices in the approach to Ukrainian ports. However, Vladimir Putin’s army wants to openly avoid sinking ships in order to blame Ukraine for attacks, the Government said. Foreign secretary James Cleverly said: “Russia’s pernicious targeting of civilian shipping in the Black Sea demonstrates Putin’s total disregard for civilian lives and the needs of the world’s most vulnerable. Our advice to British shipping has not changed - the UK’s maritime security level for Ukrainian ports and waters remains at the highest level due to the threat posed by Russia Foreign Office statement “The world is watching – and we see right through Russia’s cynical attempts to lay blame on Ukraine for their attacks. We and our allies stand united against Putin and his attempts to harm Ukraine, and thus harm the rest of the world.” When the conflict between Russia and Ukraine began in February 2022, around 22 million tonnes of Ukrainian grain meant for export was reportedly stuck. Russia withdrew from the Black Sea grain initiative in July of this year, which had been an effort to ship grain out of Ukraine, one of the world’s biggest wheat producers, to countries in Africa and other parts of the world which could otherwise face famine. Continued targeting of ships would therefore be an attempt to pressure the Ukrainian economy, the UK Government says. It is believed since Russia’s withdrawal, enough grain to feed more than one million people for a year has been destroyed. A statement by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) said: “We are working with Ukraine and other partners to put in place arrangements to improve the safety of shipping. Our advice to British shipping has not changed – the UK’s maritime security level for Ukrainian ports and waters remains at the highest level due to the threat posed by Russia. “The UK has put in place intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities to monitor Russian activity in the Black Sea. These capabilities will help us to attribute and call out any further Russian attacks on civilian shipping or infrastructure. “We are committed to ensuring Ukraine can continue to export its agricultural produce through all appropriate routes including its ‘humanitarian corridor’, overland and via the Danube. “The UK will continue to work with Ukraine and a range of international partners to achieve this.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live King Charles to appear on Australian dollar coins before Christmas Voters go to the polls in Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election What the papers say – October 5
2023-10-05 12:53
Liberia's Joseph Boakai courts smaller parties as run-off against George Weah looms
Liberia's Joseph Boakai courts smaller parties as run-off against George Weah looms
Joseph Boakai urges fellow opposition candidates to join the "rescue team for a resounding victory".
2023-10-20 16:15
Did a Travis Scott fan sell his house for a concert ticket?
Did a Travis Scott fan sell his house for a concert ticket?
A Travis Scott superfan fooled the internet by convincing people he'd sold his house to attend the rapper's concert in Egypt. It all started when TikTok user @thatlookslikecj shared a clip standing next to a house and a 'sold' sign. "I actually did it," he wrote alongside the footage that racked up 5.1 million views. The comments were flooded with fellow fans, with one writing, "I lowkey might have to sell my kidney for this." Another added, "excellent economic decisions," while a third chimed in: "This deserves more fame." "If you’re that desperate to sell your own home for Travis Scott you deserve whatever comes to you," one person chimed in. Despite social media believing the move, it turned out the story was completely made up and the TikToker is known for his editing. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter @thatlookslikecj SOLD FOR UTOPIA #utopia #travisscott #soldmyhouse Yet another lesson in don't believe everything you see on the internet. The rapper was set to perform in Cairo on Friday (28 July), but the event was cancelled two days before. Live Nation, the promoters for the gig, said in a statement: "We regret to inform you that the UTOPIA show, originally scheduled for July 28th at the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt is cancelled. "Unfortunately, despite highest efforts, complex production issues meant that the show could not be constructed in the desert. We understand that this news is disappointing and not the outcome any of us desired." They reassured fans that they would be refunded for their tickets and apologised for the "inconvenience." They continued: "We remain committed to bringing exceptional live performances to fans and hope to have the opportunity to do so in the future." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-29 00:25
Why teachers in South Korea are scared of their pupils -- and their parents
Why teachers in South Korea are scared of their pupils -- and their parents
When fighting broke out in Kang Hyeon-joo's elementary school classroom, her heart would beat so fast she could not breathe and her vision would blur.
2023-10-28 08:55
xQc moves to Las Vegas and loses $1M, here's what happened
xQc moves to Las Vegas and loses $1M, here's what happened
This comes after xQc's intense showdown with YouTuber Ethan Klein over the former's tendency to disregard copyright laws
2023-08-12 15:24