
Drones attack Russian cities near Ukraine border in overnight attack
Russia’s air defence units have shot down two Ukrainian drones flying over Belgorod and Oryol oblasts as Kyiv increases the pace of its counteroffensive against Moscow’s invasion. The drone attacks come as Ukraine overtook two key villages recently and has stepped up counter attacks on Russia. Drone and missile attacks deep inside Russia and on Russia-controlled territory have shot up drastically in recent months, with the Russian defence ministry blaming the “Kyiv regime” for what it calls “terrorist attacks”. While Ukraine has seldom responded to accusations of attacks, it has expressed satisfaction at the destruction of Russian military infrastructure and critical military sites. The drones were shot down at 10.30pm and 11.45pm local time on Tuesday night, the Russian defence ministry said in two separate posts on its Telegram channel on Wednesday. No immediate damage or casualties in the overnight attacks has been reported by the officials of both regions. It said “an attempt by the Kyiv regime to carry out a terrorist attack by an aircraft-type UAV on objects on the territory of the Russian Federation was stopped”. Kyiv has maintained that destroying Russian military infrastructure far away from the war’s frontlines targets Moscow’s war efforts while aiding Kyiv’s own efforts to reclaim land Russia has occupied. Belgorod, roughly 40km away from the Ukrainian border, has witnessed a wave of attacks in the last two months, with the most seen this month. In return, Russia has continued its campaign of air strikes and shelling across Ukraine. The regional governor of Belgorod, Vyacheslav Gladkov, confirmed attacks every day on the territory, stating either unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) dropping ammunition payloads in the region or being shot down by Russia’s active air defences heavily concentrated in the bordering city. A day earlier, Russia claimed its air defences shot down two unspecified aerial targets over Belgorod. The governor said initial reports indicated some damage to power lines but no casualties. Last month, three people were killed in a drone attack in Belgorod after another drone had targeted central Moscow. Read More Zelensky urges Trump to ‘not waste time’ and share proposal on ending Russian invasion of Ukraine Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin ‘weaponising’ food as troops target cargo ship in Black Sea Ukraine ‘has one month to hold knife to Crimea’s throat’ and force Putin into peace talks Zelensky says ‘Russian society has raised a second Hitler’ in attack on Putin
2023-09-20 12:56

Hamas Releases Some Gaza Hostages in Truce Deal With Israel
Hamas released a group of hostages held in Gaza as part of a truce agreement with Israel. Israel’s
2023-11-24 23:28

Brazilian butt-lift surgery death prompts Turkey-UK meeting
A minister responds to a coroner over the death of Melissa Kerr, who died during surgery in Turkey.
2023-11-21 16:50

EU sends border police reinforcements to Finland over fears that Russia is behind a migrant influx
The European Union’s border agency says that it will send dozens of officers and equipment as reinforcements to Finland to help police its borders amid suspicion that Russia is behind an influx of migrants arriving to the country
2023-11-23 21:29

Shiloh Jolie-Pitt insists on earning her own money, stays grounded amid parent's split
Shiloh, one of six kids, including twins Knox and Vivienne, 13, Maddox, 20, Pax, 18, and Zahara, 16, has changed a lot from the shy girl she used to be
2023-05-20 19:55

Braves Rumors: 3 prospects Atlanta should call up before Sept. 1
The Atlanta Braves were relatively quiet at the trade deadline, but as rosters expand at the beginning of September, they should consider some minor-league additions.With Atlanta general manager Alex Anthopoulos holding onto the majority of his MLB-ready prospects at the MLB trade deadline, it w...
2023-08-09 01:20

AIIB refutes allegations over Chinese Communist Party control
BEIJING The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank said on Friday it had found no evidence to support or validate
2023-07-07 15:55

‘Indiana Jones’ Misses Estimates in Hit to Theaters’ Rebound
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, the fifth film in the series about a globe-trotting archaeologist, brought
2023-07-03 01:20

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose accused of sexual assault: filing
Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman in 1989, according to a court filing reported by US media...
2023-11-23 02:54

Bruno Fernandes should ‘definitely’ be stripped of captaincy as ex-players debate ‘toxic’ Man United
Manchester United’s abject performance in the derby defeat to Manchester City left former players Roy Keane and Gary Neville offering a damning assessment of the current state of the club, with players and hierarchy alike coming in for criticism. However, manager Erik ten Hag largely appears in favour with the ex-Old Trafford stars, despite overseeing a start to the Premier League campaign which has tallied five defeats in ten matches, leaving the Red Devils eighth in the table and and 11 points behind leaders Tottenham Hotspur, past the quarter mark of the campaign. Keane offered the most immediate and radical propsed solution to the latest crisis at the club, suggesting that Bruno Fernandes should have the captaincy removed from him - despite only being officially appointed to the position in July after Harry Maguire was demoted from it. “The first thing I’d do, I would definitely take the captaincy off him, one hundred per cent. I know it’s a big decision but Fernandes is not captain material,” he said. “A talented player no doubt, but after watching him again today, we’ve discussed this before. “His whinging, moaning, throwing his arms up constantly - it’s really not acceptable. “When you make change you talk about boardroom level, but the manager can do this. The manager can hold his hands up and say I got it wrong - he’s the opposite to what I would want in a captain. “Man United have been built on great players and great characters. We haven’t seen that.” Keane also alluded to overspending and poor decisions in the transfer market. “We’re well aware United have to pay over the odds but it feels too much for some of them. They lack physicality, they’re like children out there. Too many who have come in for the fees involved haven’t done the business.” Neville, meanwhile, labelled it “unbelievable” that United still don’t have a sporting director - David Harrison is director of football operations and John Murtough is football director at the club. However, he also pointed to the impending propsed takeover or partial purchase of ownership shares by Jim Ratcliffe as a reason behind coaching staff not being able to perform as well as they otherwise might do and get the team playing to their maximium level. “It’s toxic, they all think they’re going to lose their jobs. That’s what’s happening and I believe the toxicity at this club eats alive every player and has done for years,” Neville said. Jamie Carragher, however, countered that “What [Ten Hag] is doing on the training pitch has got nothing to do with the club takeover,” but Neville reiterated that it wasn’t time to place the Dutch head coach under pressure by calling for change. “Of course there’s pressure, we’ve seen it before with [David] Moyes, [Jose] Mourinho, [Louis] Van Gaal. I think Ten Hag should continue, 100 per cent. Today wasn’t one of his best days in midfield [tactics] but the reality is the performances have been so poor for the last few months: battered by Brighton, lucky against Brentford and Copenhagen. “I can’t quite see a way out of it in performance levels but changing manager? That’s not where I am at. He’s hitting the same issues [Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer did: doing well in a cup, signing players to go to the next level and [falling off].” United are next in action in the Carabao Cup against Newcastle United, before a trip to Fulham and a vital Champions League away game to FC Copenhagen. Read More Erling Haaland shadow continues to loom over Manchester United’s misfiring forwards Diogo Dalot ensures Manchester United honour Sir Bobby Charlton with victory Nunez scores as Liverpool show support for Luis Diaz in win over Forest Nunez scores as Liverpool show support for Luis Diaz in win over Forest Erik ten Hag believes Manchester United are ‘on the up’ despite derby drubbing Joao Palhinha’s stunning strike snatches Fulham a point at Brighton
2023-10-30 04:27

Bogus Caleb Williams team ownership rumor quite literally isn’t possible
Caleb Williams, the projected No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, has been the subject of a report regarding his desire for ownership stake in the team that drafts him.
2023-10-19 01:23

EU scrambles to address Italy island migrant surge
The EU said Saturday that its top official Ursula von der Leyen would visit the Italian island of Lampedusa, as Rome called on Brussels for help after...
2023-09-16 21:21
You Might Like...

Expedition Communications Launches Connected360

South Korea July exports fall at steepest pace in over three years

High art becomes body art as visitors to Amsterdam's Rembrandt House Museum get inked

Nelson Peltz adds to Disney stake following share sale - Bloomberg News

Drugmaker Novo Nordisk seeks obesity, diabetes 'bolt-on' deals

College football fans expose how new clock rules just make more time for ads

Musk, China industry minister hold talks on 'new energy vehicles': ministry

Statue of India batting great Sachin Tendulkar unveiled at Mumbai stadium during Cricket World Cup