
Veterans, stalemates and sleepless nights: Inside the White House strategy to strike the debt ceiling deal
President Joe Biden sat behind the Resolute Desk in his first evening Oval Office address with a clear purpose: to deliver the final word.
2023-06-03 17:19

Man Utd dealt another injury blow as centre-back ruled out 'for next few weeks'
Man Utd confirm Jonny Evans has been ruled out with a thigh injury.
2023-11-11 17:51

On this day in 2014: David Moyes appointed Real Sociedad head coach
David Moyes was named as the new head coach of LaLiga side Real Sociedad, on this day in 2014. Moyes, who was axed by Manchester United the previous April following a dismal first season in charge at Old Trafford, was handed a contract until June 2016 with the Spanish outfit. Moyes left United just 10 months into a six-year deal after being named as the successor to Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer of 2013. At the time of his departure, United – the defending champions – were seventh in the Premier League and 23 points behind leaders Liverpool. The 20-time title winners had broken a host of unwanted records during his tenure, including failing to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in almost two decades. Moyes, who served the third-shortest managerial stint in the club’s history, won 27, drew nine and lost 15 of his 51 games in charge. The former Everton boss took over a Sociedad side who had moved out of the relegation zone a day earlier with a 2-1 home win over champions Atletico Madrid. Following a goalless draw at Deportivo in his first match in charge, Moyes secured his maiden win with a 3-0 victory over Elche, courtesy of a hat-trick from Carlos Vela. Sociedad also beat Barcelona 1-0 in January and finished 12th in the table, but Moyes was sacked on November 9, 2015 following a poor start to the following season. Moyes was appointed Sunderland manager in July 2016 following the departure of Sam Allardyce, but the Black Cats were relegated from the Premier League and Moyes resigned a day after the season ended. Read More Chicago Bears edge out Carolina Panthers in three-point win Unai Emery acknowledges good fortune opened the door for Villa’s victory ‘Great result’ cheers David Moyes as West Ham have another good European night
2023-11-10 14:18

Putin launches overnight drone and missile attacks on eastern and southern Ukraine
Vladimir Putin’s forces launched overnight drone and missile attacks that targeted Ukraine’s eastern and southern parts as the war-hit country’s officials ordered the evacuation of an infrastructure site that was targeted. Ukraine’s air force said Russia’s forces launched a swarm of Shahed drones from Crimea and the Black Sea in an overnight offensive on Saturday. One of the strikes targeted an infrastructure site in the Vinnytsia region as the air force warned of the threat of ballistic missiles. Authorities asked people to stay in shelters and said a general evacuation was not yet necessary apart from the immediate area where the strike occurred. “At this time there is no need for a general evacuation, apart from the immediate area around the site of the hit,” said Vasyl Polishchuk, head of administration for the town of Kalynivka, according to the town’s website. “Attack UAVs are moving in the north-west direction. A threat to the Vinnytsia region. Stay in shelters!” it said on its official Telegram channel. The officials did not mention what target was struck and what weapon had been used. However, regional governor Serhiy Borzov said the hit was made on an unspecified infrastructure site, a term used by Ukrainian officials to refer to facilities involved in power generation and other industries. The governor announced an air raid alert at 1.10am local time and within an hour, he reported a strike. An initial air raid warning for an anticipated strike was announced at 11.17pm in western Ukraine’s Vinnytsia, Cherkasy and Kirovohrad oblasts. Ukrainian air forces issued more than 40 air raid alerts on its Telegram channels for Donetsk, Odesa, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Zaporizhzhia and Kharkiv regions among several other cities as Russian forced launched a massive wave of attacks overnight. Air-raid alerts and warnings were issued throughout the night. It warned of “the threat of using ballistic weapons in areas where the alarm has been declared”. “Don’t Ignore Airborne Alarms! Head for cover,” read another alert around 6.30am. On Friday evening, the air force of Ukraine’s armed forces said several groups of drones were fired from the Crimean peninsula. Read More Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin orders former Wagner boss to control ‘volunteer units’ and rejoin frontline Ukraine urges other nations to boycott playing Russia after Uefa decision Russia is set to avoid a full ban from the 2024 Paralympics in Paris Putin recruits former Wagner commander ‘Grey Hair’ Troshev to oversee Ukraine mercenaries Ukraine ‘hits power substation’ in drone attacks on Russian border regions
2023-09-30 14:48

Meta is set to take on Twitter with a rival app called Threads
Meta is poised to launch a new app that appears to mimic Twitter in a direct challenge to the social media platform owned by billionaire Elon Musk
2023-07-04 18:24

Angelina Jolie unveils fashion venture aimed at sustainability, assisting refugees
Angelina Jolie announced a new fashion venture Wednesday
2023-05-18 03:48

MrBeast pits people aged 1 to 100 against each other in new video which cost 'millions'
MrBeast has just released one of his most expensive and creative videos ever that almost broke a YouTube record and has been showered with praise for the quality of production and the amount of money poured into it. The 25-year-old YouTuber, the real name Jimmy Donaldson, has returned to one of his big-scale projects for his latest video after recently embarking on philanthropic endeavours such as helping people see and hear again. His new video was very different in comparison as was similar to something that you might see in Squid Game. It involved 100 contestants aged 1 to 100 all trapped inside clear plastic boxes. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter The idea is to see how long they could all last while inside the boxes until only one contestant remains with challenges arising to whittle down the players quicker. The winner will receive $500k as a reward. The video clocks in at 25 minutes and all things aside it is a genuinely well put together and compelling watch. Ages 1 - 100 Fight For $500,000 www.youtube.com At the time of writing, the video has been viewed more than 43 million times on YouTube which Donaldson claimed almost broke the record for the number of views on the platform within 24 hours. In the comments Donaldson added that he and his team had spent "millions of dollars and months working on this video, I hope you all liked it." It's fair to say that it has gone down well with his fans. One person wrote: "This is one of the best Mr. Beast videos ive ever seen. It had the competitiveness and drama that we expect from challenges but added great representation throughout all the ages and some amazing emotional and heartwarming roller coasters. Well done!" Another added: "This is by far my most favorite challenge from Jimmy!" A third said: "This was actually epic. Way to take elements of other reality shows and make it your own." We won't giveaway any spoilers but its worth sticking around for the entire video which has both a tense and wholesome ending. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-05-29 21:52

Can You Prestige in MW3? Prestige System Explained
Yes, you can Prestige in MW3 Season 1 as you earn XP and climb through the Prestige ranks to secure your elite Emblem.
2023-11-21 03:58

Visibly upset ‘Today’ host Craig Melvin rolls his eyes after NBC producer’s backstage prank
Craig Melvin has once again found himself in an awkward on-camera moment after an NBC producer played a prank on him
2023-09-29 11:48

Ryanair quits industry group advising on UK aviation strategy
DUBLIN Ryanair on Tuesday resigned from an industry group set up by the British government to help implement
2023-07-12 01:49

Andrew Tate: Misogynistic influencer's 4 rape accusers slap him with legal notice after human trafficking charges ramped up
Andrew Tate was served legal papers by the UK law firm McCue Jury & Partners at his Romanian residence but he refused to accept them
2023-06-15 17:48

What is the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally? Wild scenes unfold at annual South Dakota event as man chugs beer from prostethic leg
During the rally, the town of Sturgis transforms into a bustling hub of activities, motorcycle shows, concerts, races, and various events
2023-08-06 18:59
You Might Like...

Donald Trump Must Face E. Jean Carroll Defamation Suit as DOJ Reverses Course

'Queen of rock 'n' roll' Tina Turner dies at 83

Votto ejected after 1st inning of what may be final game with Reds

German airport operator Fraport sees earnings boost on high travel demand

Tesla slashes prices of Model 3, Models Y vehicles in US

NFL Rumors: One trade 6 contenders need to make at deadline

'Morning Joe' host Joe Scarborough's 'unwavering support' for wife Mika Brzezinski's mission wins fans' hearts

US Senator Joe Manchin says 'thinking seriously' about leaving Democratic Party