Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
One Year After FTX Imploded, Here’s How Crypto Is Changing
One Year After FTX Imploded, Here’s How Crypto Is Changing
For many who trade cryptocurrencies for a living, the events of a year ago are forever etched in
2023-11-11 22:58
Federal judge rules Oregon gun law doesn't violate Second Amendment
Federal judge rules Oregon gun law doesn't violate Second Amendment
A federal judge in Oregon ruled on Friday that a new state gun law does not violate the US Constitution, keeping one of the toughest gun laws in the country in place.
2023-07-17 03:50
Kenya-EU trade deal: Why the East African Community was left out
Kenya-EU trade deal: Why the East African Community was left out
Kenya felt it was best to sign a bilateral trade deal, despite claims that it undermined regional unity.
2023-06-23 09:58
The Coast Guard suspends search for a man who went overboard from a Carnival cruise ship nearly 200 miles off the coast of Florida
The Coast Guard suspends search for a man who went overboard from a Carnival cruise ship nearly 200 miles off the coast of Florida
The US Coast Guard has suspended its search for a 35-year-old man who went overboard from a cruise ship in
2023-06-01 11:54
Benjamin Mendy weeps as he is cleared of sex charges
Benjamin Mendy weeps as he is cleared of sex charges
Former Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been cleared of raping a young woman and trying to rape another. Mendy, 28, broke down in tears as the two not guilty verdicts were delivered by the jury foreman following a three-week trial at Chester Crown Court. The French international footballer and World Cup winner had faced a lengthy jail sentence if convicted. Jurors found him not guilty of both charges following around three hours and 15 minutes of deliberations. He was cleared of attacking a 24-year-old woman at The Spinney, his £4.2million mansion in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire, in October 2020. And the jury also found him not guilty of the second charge, the attempted rape of a 29-year-old woman also at his home two years before. Mendy told the jury of six women and six men, that any sexual activity was consensual. Trial Judge Stephen Everett, the Recorder of Chester, thanked jurors after discharging Mendy from the dock. Mendy was on trial for a second time, the jury failing to reach verdicts on the allegations made by the two women. In his first trial, lasting six months and ending in January, he was cleared of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, relating to four other young women or teenagers. Benjamin Aina KC, prosecuting, told the jury in the re-trial Mendy enjoyed parties at his home and on two occasions “took advantage” of his female guests and his wealth and celebrity status turned him into a man not used to being told “No”, by women. The first complainant, woman A, a 29-year-old student, first met Mendy while in a nightclub in Barcelona in late 2017 and she became intimate with one of his friends. They kept in touch and a year later she arranged to visit Mendy’s friend at the footballer’s house, where they stayed after they all went with other girls for a night out. The morning after, when she took a shower in the en-suite bathroom, Mendy appeared uninvited, wearing just boxer shorts, and holding himself, visibly “aroused” she told the jury. Mendy is then alleged to have grabbed the woman and tried to rape her on the bed as she tried to struggle free, despite her repeatedly telling him to stop. Mendy told the jury the two were “flirting” during the night out and the next morning he went to her room and they began hugging on a bed. He said she told him she would not have sex with him because she was with his friend. Mendy said she then got upset when he told her he had already asked his friend who had told him it would be “OK”. He denied trying to rape her. Two years later, woman B, aged 24, was out with friends at a bar in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, near Mendy’s home, when they were invited back to the footballer’s house. She alleges Mendy took her phone from her, which contained “intimate” photos, then led her to his locked bedroom, as she asked for her phone back. Mendy was alleged to have told her “I just wanna have a look at you” and told her to take her clothes off. Woman B complied, leaving her underwear on, and Mendy then threw her phone on the bed. As she went to retrieve it, Mendy was alleged to have taken hold of her from behind and raped her despite her telling him she did not want to have sex. The woman said afterwards Mendy said to her: “You’re too shy. It’s fine. I’ve had sex with 10,000 women.” Mendy told the jury the woman had agreed to “play around” on the bed and denied raping her saying afterwards they swapped details to connect on Snapchat. Mr Aina, prosecuting, claimed Mendy was not used to women saying no to him. He said: “You wanted women who came to your house to party, get drunk and have sex?” Mendy replied: “If they want. “I will never force to have sex with a woman.” In a statement, Mendy’s lawyer, Jenny Wiltshire, said: “Benjamin Mendy would like to thank the members of the jury for focusing on the evidence in this trial, rather than on the rumour and innuendo that have followed this case from the outset. “This is the second time that Mr Mendy has been tried and found not guilty by a jury. He is delighted that both juries reached the correct verdicts. “It has been almost three years since the police started investigating this matter. Mr Mendy has tried to remain strong but the process has, inevitably had a serious impact on him. “He thanks everyone who has supported him throughout this ordeal and now asks for privacy so he can begin rebuilding his life.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Sarina Wiegman ‘grateful’ for Women’s World Cup growth 35 years after experiment Novak Djokovic clashes with umpire and fans on his way to latest Wimbledon final Michal Kwiatkowski holds off Tadej Pogacar to take solo win on Grand Colombier
2023-07-15 00:23
Industry bodies urge EU to ditch euro clearing relocation plan
Industry bodies urge EU to ditch euro clearing relocation plan
By Huw Jones LONDON Leading users of derivatives markets in the European Union called on the bloc on
2023-09-07 17:22
Russian journalist who protested on live television sentenced to 8.5 years in prison in absentia
Russian journalist who protested on live television sentenced to 8.5 years in prison in absentia
Marina Ovsyannikova, a Russian journalist who staged a daring protest against the Ukraine war live on state-run television, has been sentenced to eight and a half years in prison in absentia by a Russian court.
2023-10-05 18:47
NWSL news: Mewis departs KC, Dorsey to Royals, Stengel not ruling out LFC return
NWSL news: Mewis departs KC, Dorsey to Royals, Stengel not ruling out LFC return
Big moves in the NWSL: Sam Mewis parts ways with Kansas City Current amidst recovery, Imani Dorsey joins Utah Royals FC for two seasons, and Katie Stengel doesn't rule out a Liverpool comeback.
2023-11-30 22:30
New telescope reveals stunning images of the universe as it has never been seen before
New telescope reveals stunning images of the universe as it has never been seen before
The Euclid space telescope has revealed its first full-colour images, showing the universe as it has never been seen before. The five images, taken by the European Space Agency’s newly launched flying observatory, show the shining lights of distant galaxies. Scientists hope they will also prove useful in better understanding those galaxies, which includes some of the most massive structures in the known universe. Many of the galaxies have never been seen before. And much of the information in them could help explain mysteries such as dark energy and the expansion of the universe. The images released on Tuesday include one of the Perseus cluster of galaxies which shows 1,000 galaxies belonging to the cluster, and more than 100,000 additional galaxies further away in the background. Many of these faint galaxies were previously unseen, and some of them are so far that their light has taken 10 billion years to reach us. Another image captures the spiral galaxy IC 342, nicknamed the Hidden Galaxy, because it is difficult to observe as it lies behind the busy disc of our Milky Way, and so dust, gas and stars obscure our view. One of the new pictures is of globular cluster NGC 6397 - the second-closest globular cluster to Earth, located about 7,800 light-years away. Globular clusters are collections of hundreds of thousands of stars held together by gravity. These faint stars tell us about the history of the Milky Way and where dark matter is located. To create a 3D map of the universe, Euclid will observe the light from galaxies out to 10 billion light-years. The first irregular dwarf galaxy that Euclid observed is called NGC 6822 and is located just 1.6 million light-years from Earth. And the fifth image shows a panoramic and detailed view of the Horsehead Nebula, also known as Barnard 33 and part of the constellation Orion. Scientists hope to find many dim and previously unseen Jupiter-mass planets in their celestial infancy, as well as young brown dwarfs and baby stars, in this new observation. Professor Carole Mundell, ESA director of science, said: “Dark matter pulls galaxies together and causes them to spin more rapidly than visible matter alone can account for; dark energy is driving the accelerated expansion of the universe. “Euclid will for the first time allow cosmologists to study these competing dark mysteries together. “Euclid will make a leap in our understanding of the cosmos as a whole, and these exquisite Euclid images show that the mission is ready to help answer one of the greatest mysteries of modern physics.” Rene Laureijs, the ESA’s Euclid project scientist, said: “We have never seen astronomical images like this before, containing so much detail. “They are even more beautiful and sharp than we could have hoped for, showing us many previously unseen features in well-known areas of the nearby universe. “Now we are ready to observe billions of galaxies, and study their evolution over cosmic time.” Euclid was launched on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral in Florida on July 1. Named after the ancient Greek mathematician Euclid, the two-tonne probe made its way towards an area in space known as the second Lagrange point, where the gravitational forces of Earth and the sun are roughly equal - creating a stable location for the spacecraft. The UK has contributed £37 million towards the £850 million mission, with scientists playing key roles in designing and building the probe and leading on one of the two scientific instruments on board. Dr Caroline Harper, head of space science at the UK Space Agency, said: “These first colour images showcase Euclid‘s enormous potential, giving us incredibly sharp images of galaxies and stars, and helping us understand more about the impacts of dark matter and dark energy on the universe. “The UK has played an important role in the mission, leading on the development of the visible imager (VIS) instrument and on key elements of the data processing pipeline, funded by the UK Space Agency. “And this is just the start - UK researchers will be using Euclid data for many years to come to make significant new scientific discoveries about the composition and evolution of the cosmos.” Additional reporting by Press Association Read More Euclid space telescope releases first full-colour images of cosmos First full-colour images of universe captured by Euclid telescope revealed Watch again: ESA reveals first full-colour images of ‘dark universe’ from Euclid Tim Peake: Possibility of all-UK space mission a ‘very exciting development’ Strange purple light phenomenon ‘Steve’ spotted across UK skies Nasa sending VR headset up to ISS to treat astronaut’s mental health
2023-11-08 03:21
NBA rumors: Raptors keep rebuffing trade offers making direction clear
NBA rumors: Raptors keep rebuffing trade offers making direction clear
Everyone has been sniffing around the Raptors roster since last winter. But NBA rumors say they aren't interested in trades or a rebuild.According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the Raptors are not looking to trade Pascal Siakam or OG Anunoby, signaling that they are looking to keep their co...
2023-06-26 21:53
Fairfax Offers to Take Agritech Firm Farmers Edge Private at 99% Below IPO Price
Fairfax Offers to Take Agritech Firm Farmers Edge Private at 99% Below IPO Price
Canadian financial group Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. offered to buy out minority shareholders of agriculture technology firm Farmers
2023-11-17 21:51
US FDA grants standard approval of Eisai/Biogen Alzheimer's drug
US FDA grants standard approval of Eisai/Biogen Alzheimer's drug
By Deena Beasley and Julie Steenhuysen LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday granted standard approval
2023-07-07 05:23