Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Who is Eugene Howard Shelton? Naked man breaks into Phoenix home, later claims he was chased by an alligator
Who is Eugene Howard Shelton? Naked man breaks into Phoenix home, later claims he was chased by an alligator
Eugene Howard Shelton informed the police that he had smoked methamphetamine before he was overtaken by the belief that an alligator was after him
2023-08-15 16:45
Brent Venables Tripped And Fell Coming Out of the Tunnel
Brent Venables Tripped And Fell Coming Out of the Tunnel
Oklahoma head coach Brent Venables fell on his face running out of the tunnel.
2023-11-25 05:59
Matheus Nunes stops training with Wolves in bid to force Man City move
Matheus Nunes stops training with Wolves in bid to force Man City move
Matheus Nunes will not be involved in Wolves’ Carabao Cup tie at home to Blackpool on Tuesday after he stopped training with the club in an effort to force through a move to Manchester City. Premier League champions City stepped up their pursuit of Nunes after cooling their interest in West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta, and had a bid of 55million euros (£47m) rejected last week for the Portuguese attacker. While Wolves have not received any fresh bids from City, Nunes has now stopped training with Gary O’Neil’s side, the PA news agency understands. The 25-year-old, who joined from Sporting Lisbon last summer in a deal worth £42m, was absent for Saturday’s 1-0 win away to Everton and will again be missing from the squad for the upcoming second-round cup tie at Molineux. Nunes will face disciplinary action for his decision to stop training, but could be integrated back into the squad if no move occurs before the summer transfer window shuts at 11pm on Friday. Head coach O’Neil will also be without Hwang Hee-chan for the clash with Blackpool, who are 15th in Sky Bet League One, due to a hamstring issue. Austria forward Sasa Kalajdzic scored a late winner at Everton in what was only his third Wolves appearance in a year after suffering a rupture to his anterior cruciate ligament on his debut last September. But O’Neil, who took charge earlier this month, remains cautious over Kalajdzic’s involvement and says his role will remain limited as he builds his way back to full fitness. He said: “He is obviously still on a journey, getting back to full fitness. He is not one you can play for 90 minutes week in, week out at this moment. “It is hard to assess when you come in new. You just see him training and everyone tells you he has been out for a while. “You just try to judge him at that moment against the rest of that group and the ones he is competing with for a starting place. “He looked a little bit behind the others, sharpness and fitness-wise, but I obviously don’t have a clear picture in my mind of what he is like when he is full throttle either. “He understands where he needs to improve and that he needs extra time on the grass and we need to keep working. “But he also understands he can have a big impact on football matches still.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Getting over Wimbledon exit took time – Andy Murray Stacy Lewis picks Ally Ewing, Cheyenne Knight and Angel Yin for Solheim Cup Vinicius Jr facing lay-off after hamstring injury
2023-08-29 02:15
Who is Yassine Chueko? Lionel Messi’s hard-as-nails bodyguard is an ex-soldier picked by David Beckham
Who is Yassine Chueko? Lionel Messi’s hard-as-nails bodyguard is an ex-soldier picked by David Beckham
Yassine Chueko was reportedly chosen by Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham, who wanted to make sure Lionel Messi’s security was top-notch
2023-08-25 01:47
Taylor Swift's un-'cruel summer' is her best era yet
Taylor Swift's un-'cruel summer' is her best era yet
Last month, Taylor Swift told a Pittsburgh audience at a stop on her groundbreaking "Eras Tour" that "Cruel Summer" -- her self-professed "favorite song" off of her 2019 "Lover" album -- was finally becoming a single because so many people keep streaming it, leading to the track charting in the top 20 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart this week.
2023-07-07 10:15
Ireland boss Andy Farrell says ability to ‘roll with punches’ key for World Cup
Ireland boss Andy Farrell says ability to ‘roll with punches’ key for World Cup
Andy Farrell believes Ireland must remain calm and “roll with the punches” to realise their potential at the Rugby World Cup. Former dual code international Farrell is preparing for his first global tournament as head coach having previously been involved as a player and an assistant coach. Six Nations champions Ireland have topped the world rankings for more than a year and arrived in France on Thursday among the favourites to go all the way. Englishman Farrell has welcomed setbacks during his tenure to challenge his players and prevent them becoming fazed on the biggest stage. “The key learnings are the scenarios that we’ve tried to put ourselves through in the last few years,” the 48-year-old said of his previous World Cup experiences in both rugby union and rugby league. “You hear me say constantly ‘best laid plans and all that’, it’s 100 per cent that at a World Cup. “The ones that get flustered with all that because they’re not ready for all different types of permutations are the ones that lose the plot. The key to progressing in a competition like this is staying calm, keeping your feet under you and making sure that you just roll with the punches. Andy Farrell “The key to progressing in a competition like this is staying calm, keeping your feet under you and making sure that you just roll with the punches and be the best version of yourself no matter what happens and have no-excuse mentality. “We’ve tried to put ourselves in those type of positions before and we know what’s coming through.” Ireland have been placed in the tougher half of the draw and begin their campaign next Saturday against Romania in Bordeaux. Farrell’s men then face Tonga, reigning champions South Africa and Scotland in Pool B, with hosts France or New Zealand likely opponents should they progress to the quarter-finals. Asked if this is the most competitive and open World Cup, Farrell said: “I think everyone loves to say that anyway. “Everyone wants it to be like that because there’s so many good teams that can beat each other on any given day. “The pressures of the competition within itself, the history of all that shows that it is going to be a wide-open competition. So one step at a time. Let’s see if we can build some momentum.” Farrell assisted Joe Schmidt at the 2019 World Cup before stepping up to become Ireland boss following a quarter-final exit against the All Blacks. The opening year of his reign, amid the coronavirus pandemic, brought mixed results but his side have won 25 of 27 Tests dating back to round three of the 2021 Six Nations. “I’m not surprised,” Farrell said of the progress. “If you’re talking four years ago then we probably didn’t know the total plan as in what we’ve been through and what we’re going through. “The process has always been for the here and now, and the medium term, and the long term. “A lot tend to go from cycle to cycle and chop a few and carry on. “I think the right way, for me anyway, is to grow and develop competition as we go and then when we get to something like this (World Cup) watch and learn and let’s pick accordingly on what’s right on the team.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Mason Greenwood will begin to rebuild career with loan move to Getafe David Moyes enjoying West Ham topping Premier League after Luton win Sofyan Amrabat ‘will put everything’ into playing for Manchester United
2023-09-02 08:27
Pirates of the Caribbean 6 script so 'weird' writer is shocked Disney went for it
Pirates of the Caribbean 6 script so 'weird' writer is shocked Disney went for it
The script for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 6' is apparently so "weird" even the writer is shocked Disney bought it.
2023-09-06 15:16
Women’s World Cup 2023 LIVE: Philippines stun New Zealand before Norway face Switzerland
Women’s World Cup 2023 LIVE: Philippines stun New Zealand before Norway face Switzerland
Women’s World Cup co-hosts New Zealand were stunned by debutants Philippines, who claimed their first ever victory at the tournament with a 1-0 win in Wellington. Sarina Bolden’s historic goal midway through the first half was enough to secure a seismic upset, with Jacqui Hand’s equaliser disallowed for offside as New Zealand failed to back up their opening victory over Norway. The result blows Group A wide open, with Norway looking to bounce back from their opening defeat when they take on Switzerland in an all-European clash. Earlier on Tuesday, Catalina Usme and 18-year-old star Linda Caicedo scored to give Colombia a 2-0 victory over South Korea in their opening game. Monday saw Brazil kick things off with a comfortable 4-0 victory over Panama as Ary Borges scored a hat-trick, while Italy beat Argentina 1-0 in the first game of the day with veteran striker Cristiana Girelli coming off the bench to grab the winner. Germany thrashed Morocco 6-0. Follow the latest World Cup scores, updates and news in today’s live blog Read More Women’s World Cup TV schedule: How to watch every match today Women’s football world rankings: Who could take No 1 at the World Cup? When do England women play next? World Cup fixtures and route to the final
2023-07-25 15:54
Bride demands full refund after wedding photographer sleeps with her husband
Bride demands full refund after wedding photographer sleeps with her husband
A bride has requested a full refund after she discovered that her husband had slept with their wedding photographer. The heartbroken woman demanded her money back, saying that her man had bedded the 20-year-old snapper who he met at their big day. In a painful slap of cruel irony, she even had photographic evidence to prove the affair. However, her reimbursement request wasn’t lodged with the offending 20-year-old, but with another photographer – the man who hired her for the occasion. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter The professional, who calls himself Wedding Dude, explained his predicament in a Reddit post, writing: “Earlier this summer I shot a wedding. My typical second shooter couldn’t make it, so I found someone else online who I felt did good work. “Anyways her [sic] and I did the wedding, and everything seemed business as usual. Photos were edited, delivered to client, all was good.” However, he continued: “Then this morning I got an email from the bride. She was wanting a refund because the lady I had hired as second shooter for the day ended up sleeping with her husband at some point after the wedding, and she also included photos from his phone to prove it.” Addressing his community on the Wedding Photography sub-Reddit, he then asked: “I haven't responded yet, but what's the best thing to do here? “She hired me for a job and the job was completed and product was delivered. But I also feel like this would be as if I were a professional dog walker who walked a client's dog, then came back and shot it later.” But, he pointed out: “Of course the second shooter is considered a private contractor and not an employee....” Wrapping up his story, he asked: “What is the best thing to do here? I really feel for this lady, but that's also a lot of money to have to give back for work that was done.” Fellow Redditors were quick to support Wedding Dude, insisting he shouldn’t have to pay for other people’s mistakes. “This sounds harsh, but her husband was going to cheat on her regardless of who your second shooter was. It’s not your fault that she married him,” one wrote. “Tell them you are sorry to hear that but there isn’t a way for you to refund for a service that has been completed per your contract,” recommended another, advising him to reply: “I cannot refund you because something unfortunate happened that I had no control over,” they added. Another penned a passionate defence of photographers’ rights as service providers, writing: “How about you had been the bartender... ‘Hey bartender, my husband got drunk with your booze and cheated on me, give me a refund!’ Lol no, they wouldn't even ask. It doesn't happen with other vendors. “Clients keep asking for unreasonable refunds to photographers because we keep enabling that behaviour. Job completed and delivered. You can't take out the eggs after the cake was baked.” Agreeing, another added: “We are human, and can feel remorse for others, but we are also a business. Unless there were serious issues with the work or deliverables, no person in their right mind would expect to get their money back. “If she wants a refund for a wedding service, she can sue her ex-husband. This is an open and shut no.” However, another Redditor was quick to refute their recommendations, writing: “I don't know what the people here are talking about, I would refund her fully. If she shares this story all over the place, online, reviews, podcasts, it is YOUR name on the photography contract.” They went on: “I would say, ‘I am totally sorry this happened, I had no idea. Even though I did my job properly I am going to refund you just because of the situation and I feel for you. Please also sign this NDA that you agree not to leave me a bad review of anything because of this person’. At the end of the day hiring people, especially that you don't know, its all on you.” They continued: “I have refunded weddings for less than this because reputation is everything and its just not worth it, before adding: “Also don't hire randoms from the internet.” Another endorsed this as the “smartest answer here,” stressing: “Your name is your most valuable asset. Why deliberately destroy it over a point of principle?” And a third commented: “Imagine that story being the second Google result for your business. Honesty, not worth the risk. Sometimes, through no fault of our own, we have to pay for problems to go away.” Meanwhile, others offered more jokey recommendations as to how he should respond, with one suggesting: “Offer her a discount on her next wedding.” Asked what the 20-year-old had to say when Wedding Dude confronted her about the matter, he said: “She denied it, then claimed he said he was in an open relationship.” He then offered more details on the photos the wife had sent him saying they were “pornographic in nature” and appeared to have been taken in a hotel room. One user asked if the tryst had begun “on the clock” to which he replied: “Not sure if any affair happened on the clock but he certainly established a relationship of sorts then. All the photos are from after the wedding.” It’s not clear whether he now plans to refund the devastated bride or not. Good luck to them both, we say. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-08-13 21:21
Prince Harry can take some of claim against Murdoch UK titles to trial
Prince Harry can take some of claim against Murdoch UK titles to trial
By Michael Holden LONDON (Reuters) -Prince Harry can take some of his lawsuit against Rupert Murdoch's British newspaper group to
2023-07-27 17:48
Cavendish hails 'best friend' Thomas after winning final Giro stage
Cavendish hails 'best friend' Thomas after winning final Giro stage
Mark Cavendish paid tribute to Geraint Thomas on Sunday after his fellow Briton and great friend helped the sprint king win the last ever Giro...
2023-05-29 02:28
The US economy is defying expectations, says Biden's top economic adviser
The US economy is defying expectations, says Biden's top economic adviser
The resiliency of the US economy is defying expectations — and the odds of a "soft landing" are improving, said Lael Brainard, President Joe Biden's top economic adviser, on Wednesday afternoon.
2023-07-13 01:21