Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
YouTube star condemned for insisting his girlfriend take his surname
YouTube star condemned for insisting his girlfriend take his surname
YouTube star Ethan Payne has split opinion online after he said he wants his girlfriend to take his surname if they get married. Payne and his co-star girlfriend, Faith Kelly, present the podcast “Growing Paynes”, after getting together since 2021 and having a child a year after. In a recent episode, Kelly said: “Ethan won't propose to me because I want to be Kelly-Payne.” Payne responded: “Faith doesn't want to take my name and that irks me.” Kelly explained that she does not want to “lose my association with my family,” while Payne again responded that she would just be taking a name. @dailypaynes Ethan being a red flag ? FULL CLIP ? Growing Paynes: Ep 11 #growingpaynes #faithkelly #marriage #fyp #ethanpayne #proposal #redflag Payne is part of the YouTube group The Sidemen, which also includes social media star KSI. He said he thinks Kelly taking his name is “how it should be done”. “You're bottling it, that's what it is,” he joked. But online commenters didn’t see it that way. One person wrote on TikTok: “Naaah, that’s a big red flag. Thought more of him.” Another said: “This is the brightest and biggest red flag I’ve ever seen like there should be no problem cus she’s taking his name as well so.” A further commenter added: “It’s her name…. She’s including his name in it??? I don’t understand his point here.” Some people said they understood where Payne was coming from. One person said: “Sounds like she wants one foot out the door already. You’re either all in or all out.” Another said: “Wants a traditional marriage with ut the tradition. You can’t make this sh*t up.” Deed Poll data from 2021 shows that women combining both their husband’s and their own surname was up by nearly one-third compared to 2020. Looks like, in wider society at least, the traditionalists are growing few and farther between. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-26 16:48
India's aviation authorities say they can't interfere in Akasa dispute
India's aviation authorities say they can't interfere in Akasa dispute
By Arpan Chaturvedi and Aditya Kalra NEW DELHI India's aviation authorities have ruled out intervening in a dispute
2023-09-23 23:57
FIFA to examine alleged racism incidents from two international matches
FIFA to examine alleged racism incidents from two international matches
FIFA is set to examine reports on two separate instances of alleged racism in international matches played on Monday. The Republic of Ireland Under-21s’ match against Kuwait Under-22s in Austria was called off after an allegation that a Kuwaiti player racially abused one of Ireland’s substitutes. The senior international between New Zealand and Qatar, also in Austria, was cut short after the New Zealand Football Association said one of its players, Michael Boxall, had a racist remark directed at him in the first half by a Qatari opponent. Even though the Ireland match was a tier two friendly and not requiring formal FIFA approval to be played, the fact that the Football Association of Ireland said in a tweet on Monday evening it would be reporting the matter to FIFA would oblige the game’s global governing body to investigate. The New Zealand match was played under FIFA jurisdiction, meaning the referee’s report will be sent to the global governing body as a matter of course. FIFA would be expected to take a tough stance if one or both of the allegations are found proven. FIFA president Gianni Infantino said last week: “It’s very important not just to talk about racism and discrimination, but to take action in a decisive and convincing manner – zero tolerance. “There is no football if there is racism – so let’s stop the games. “The referees have this opportunity in FIFA competitions as we have this process for stopping the game, and actions have to be taken at every level, at national level as well.” Infantino made the remarks after meeting with the Brazil squad in Barcelona, including Real Madrid forward Vinicius Junior who has been on the receiving end of repeated racial abuse in Spain this year. The Football Association of Ireland posted a tweet on Monday which read: “The FAI regrets to announce that today’s U21 international against Kuwait has been abandoned after a racist remark was made by a Kuwaiti player towards one of our substitutes. “The FAI does not tolerate any racism towards any of our players or staff and will be reporting this serious matter to FIFA and UEFA.” The Kuwaiti federation published a tweet in which Olympic football team director Jarrah Al Ateeqi claimed the match had been abandoned “due to roughness and excessive tension between the players”. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live It’s been an awful few days – ‘Emotional’ Fred Wright eyes first British title Rob Page urges Wales to improve discipline against opponents ‘good at dark arts’ French police searching headquarters of Paris 2024 organising committee
2023-06-20 19:22
Qualcomm, NXP Team Up to Develop Rival to Arm Chip Standard
Qualcomm, NXP Team Up to Develop Rival to Arm Chip Standard
Qualcomm Inc., NXP Semiconductors NV and other chipmakers are forming a new company to hasten the development of
2023-08-05 01:57
Australia’s Hawkish Interest-Rate Hike Explained in Four Charts
Australia’s Hawkish Interest-Rate Hike Explained in Four Charts
Australia’s central bank surprised investors for a second straight month with an interest-rate increase that suggested it’s worried
2023-06-06 16:50
Madrid flooding puts city in lockdown as desperate search underway for missing father and son
Madrid flooding puts city in lockdown as desperate search underway for missing father and son
A desperate search is underway for a father and son missing near Madrid after flash floods hit Spain just weeks after wildfires struck. Subway lines in the capital and high-speed train connections with southern cities were closed on Monday morning. Emergency services were involved in almost 1,200 incidents in the region overnight and firefighters and police were seeking two missing men in the rural area of Aldea del Fresno, southwest of Madrid, said Javier Chivite, the spokesperson of the emergency services in the region. “Two people are missing, a father and his son, they were in a vehicle that got in an avalanche caused by the spate of the Alberche river,” Chivite said. “We hope this will have a positive outcome.” Several roads in the Madrid region were closed as half a dozen bridges were torn down by water overflowing the riverbanks. The sudden torrential rain that hit the country transformed streets into rivers in Madrid, Castile, Catalonia and Valencia regions. Hail also fell in many areas. The heavy rainfall was waning on Monday morning, though. Rain continued in most of the country, but the National Weather Agency on Monday lowered the alert level to yellow from orange and red on Sunday. On Sunday Madrid’s mayor told all residents to stay at home as the capital braced itself for torrential rain and storms affecting parts of Spain. National weather agency AEMET issued a maximum red alert, which means possible extreme danger, for Sunday in the Madrid region, Toledo province, and the city of Cadiz. It said up to 120 litres per square metre of rain could fall over 12 hours in Madrid. “Due to the exceptional and abnormal situation, in which rainfall records will be broken, I ask the people of Madrid to stay at home today,” Madrid Mayor Jose Luis Martinez-Almeida wrote on X, formerly Twitter. Dark storm clouds were gathering over Madrid during the early afternoon of Sunday, but many people were outside as usual. “I think (the red alert) is a good idea,” said Madrid resident Manuel Loro, 42. “The best thing to do is not to use your car today. It’s going to be strongest at six o’clock so we’ll go home earlier.” Madrid’s emergency services sent texts to residents warning them of flood risks and advising them not to use vehicles. LaLiga suspended an evening match between Atletico Madrid and Sevilla at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium in Madrid due to the alert. Read More Burning Man revellers build mud sculptures and wade through dirt as thousands stranded after floods Spain: Muddy water rushes down street as torrential rain causes major flooding Spain floods: Cars washed away by torrential rain in aerial footage Russian cyber-attacks ‘relentless’ as threat of WW3 grows, expert warns Berlin Wall relic gets a 'second life' on US-Mexico border as Biden adds barriers Ukraine ‘targets Crimea bridge’ built by Putin as counteroffensive ‘breaks through’
2023-09-04 16:50
Mets launch 3 homers to beat MLB-leading Braves 10-4 for 7th win in 9 games
Mets launch 3 homers to beat MLB-leading Braves 10-4 for 7th win in 9 games
ATLANTA (AP) — DJ Stewart, Rafael Ortega and Francisco Lindor homered as the New York Mets won for the seventh time in nine games, beating the first-place Braves 10-4 on Monday night despite two homers by Atlanta’s Marcell Ozuna.
2023-08-22 10:57
Turkish voters weigh final decision on next president, visions for future
Turkish voters weigh final decision on next president, visions for future
Two opposing visions for Turkey’s future are on the ballot when voters return to the polls Sunday for a runoff presidential election
2023-05-25 14:55
Euro zone pulls out of dip with higher growth than expected
Euro zone pulls out of dip with higher growth than expected
BRUSSELS The euro zone returned to growth in the second quarter of 2023, with a greater than expected
2023-07-31 17:26
Woman loses bid to sue prosecutor over sexual abuser's light sentence
Woman loses bid to sue prosecutor over sexual abuser's light sentence
A Louisiana woman who watched the man who coerced her into a sex act when she was 16 walk free in a plea deal has lost a legal battle to sue the prosecutor in the case
2023-06-28 07:46
Ukraine's president hails the country's soldiers from a Black Sea island to mark 500 days of war
Ukraine's president hails the country's soldiers from a Black Sea island to mark 500 days of war
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has marked the 500th day of the war by hailing the country’s soldiers in a video from a Black Sea island that became the symbol of Ukraine’s resilience in the face of the Russian invasion
2023-07-08 18:21
Brazil court sentences first defendant in pro-Bolsonaro riots to 17 years
Brazil court sentences first defendant in pro-Bolsonaro riots to 17 years
Brazil's Supreme Court announced a 17-year jail term Thursday for the first defendant tried and convicted over the storming of the seats of power by...
2023-09-15 00:57