Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
The very best deals ahead of Memorial Day 2023
The very best deals ahead of Memorial Day 2023
Believe it or not, the unofficial start of summer's finally (almost) here again. That means
2023-05-17 01:57
Ole Miss's Dart thriving after fighting off challenges, next test is Alabama
Ole Miss's Dart thriving after fighting off challenges, next test is Alabama
Jaxson Dart is thriving as Mississippi’s starting quarterback after fighting off an offseason challenge from transfers
2023-09-22 12:50
Lucas Glover posts another low round and leads FedEx Cup opener by 1 stroke
Lucas Glover posts another low round and leads FedEx Cup opener by 1 stroke
Lucas Glover is playing so well that he felt frustrated after a 66 in the FedEx St. Jude Championship
2023-08-13 06:49
Top 7 Fortnite streamers that every gamer should follow in May 2023
Top 7 Fortnite streamers that every gamer should follow in May 2023
Get to know about the top Fortnite streamers to follow in May!
2023-05-19 21:17
Dollar muted as markets brace for data fest; yen under pressure
Dollar muted as markets brace for data fest; yen under pressure
By Ankur Banerjee SINGAPORE The U.S. dollar was subdued on Tuesday as traders resisted placing large bets ahead
2023-08-29 12:47
Jonathan Majors countersues his accuser and ex-GF Grace Jabbari for domestic violence
Jonathan Majors countersues his accuser and ex-GF Grace Jabbari for domestic violence
According to Jonathan Majors' counter-complaint, it was Grace Jabbari who attacked him on March 25
2023-06-27 20:45
PGMOL releases audio of VAR decision that wrongly saw Luis Diaz goal ruled out
PGMOL releases audio of VAR decision that wrongly saw Luis Diaz goal ruled out
The audio that led to Luis Diaz’s goal being wrongly disallowed by VAR in Liverpool’s defeat at Tottenham has been released publicly by the Professional Game Match Officials Limited. VAR Darren England and his assistant Daniel Cook did not over-rule the incorrect on-field decision of offside after Diaz had scored at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. PGMOL said in a statement on Tuesday evening that “standards fell short of expectations” and it has identified three key learnings “to mitigate against the risk of a future error”. Liverpool said on Sunday they would explore their options given the “clear need for escalation and resolution” and PGMOL has provided a detailed report alongside the audio to the Premier League, which has in turn shared with Liverpool and the other 19 top-flight clubs. PGMOL will stress the importance of accuracy ahead of efficiency to its video match officials, while a “new VAR communication protocol will be developed to enhance the clarity of communication between the referee and the VAR team in relation to on-field decisions”. PGMOL added in a statement: “As an additional step to the process, the VAR will confirm the outcome of the VAR check process with the AVAR before confirming the final decision to the on-field officials. “We recognise standards fell short of expectations and acknowledged the error to Liverpool immediately after the conclusion of the fixture.” England and Cook have not been included among the officials for duty in the coming weekend’s Premier League fixtures. It is clear that there were not only human errors but systemic weaknesses in the VAR process. Premier League spokesperson The pair had already been replaced for the remainder of their matchweek seven duties – England was due to be fourth official at Nottingham Forest v Brentford on Sunday, with Cook scheduled to be assistant referee for Monday’s Fulham-Chelsea clash. A Premier League spokesperson said: “Having reviewed all relevant footage of the disallowed Luis Diaz goal during the Tottenham Hotspur FC versus Liverpool FC match on Saturday, and PGMOL’s report into the incident, it is clear that there were not only human errors but systemic weaknesses in the VAR process. “We accept PGMOL’s immediate recommendations to ensure that such failures are not repeated in the future. “However, a wider review to seek consistently higher standards of VAR performance will be conducted by the Premier League and PGMOL, supported by other stakeholders, and where necessary further recommended actions will be brought forward and implemented. “We have communicated fully with Liverpool FC on this matter and have shared PGMOL’s findings and relevant footage of the incident with all Premier League clubs.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live The Oscar goes to referees – Pep Guardiola says players must be main attraction Reece Topley ‘undercooked’ as England prepare for World Cup opener Jonathan Humphreys urges Wales not to ‘go off-script’ against Georgia
2023-10-04 02:23
Jonathan Smith had no doubts in his mind about leaving Oregon State
Jonathan Smith had no doubts in his mind about leaving Oregon State
Jonathan Smith had no doubts in his mind about leaving Oregon State
2023-11-28 05:26
Surprising Colombia wins baseball gold medal at Pan American Games
Surprising Colombia wins baseball gold medal at Pan American Games
Two teams with little tradition in baseball at the Pan American Games played the tournament’s final on Saturday, with Colombia ending as gold medalist after a sound 9-1 win against Brazil
2023-10-29 06:45
Biden condemns 'sheer evil' of Hamas attacks on Israel
Biden condemns 'sheer evil' of Hamas attacks on Israel
President Joe Biden condemned the attacks by Hamas on US ally Israel as "sheer evil" in an emotional speech Tuesday and said Washington is ready to deploy...
2023-10-11 02:52
Youngkin pardons Virginia father who was arrested at 2021 school board meeting
Youngkin pardons Virginia father who was arrested at 2021 school board meeting
Virginia Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin on Friday pardoned a Loudoun County father who was arrested at a school board meeting in 2021 while seeking answers about his daughter's sexual assault on school property.
2023-09-11 03:50
Russia ‘weaponised food and deliberately caused starvation’ in Ukraine
Russia ‘weaponised food and deliberately caused starvation’ in Ukraine
Russia has weaponised food and deliberately caused starvation in Ukraine, a war crimes dossier is set to allege. Working alongside Ukraine’s public prosecutor, leading human rights lawyers are preparing a report to the International Criminal Court (ICC). The dossier will document examples of hunger being used as a “weapon” over the course of the 18 month war, with the evidence aiming to encourage the ICC to launch a prosecution that could see Vladimir Putin indicted. Amongst the incidents include the killing of 20 civilians in Chernihiv on 16 March 2022. Russian fragmentation bombs detonated outside a supermarket whilst Ukrainian locals queued for food, with the lawyers similarly focusing on the siege of Mariupol in which food supplies to the city were cut off. Humanitarian corridors were also suspended, making it increasingly difficult for relief to be distributed among starving survivors. In May 2018, the United Nations (UN) Security Council passed a unanimous resolution condemning the use of food insecurity and starvation as a war tactic. The resolution asked all parties in war to leave food stocks, farms, markets and other food distribution mechanisms intact, stating that “using starvation of civilians as a method of warfare may constitute a war crime.” Yousuf Khan, a senior lawyer with law firm Global Rights Compliance, told The Guardian “the weaponisation of food has taken place in three phases,” beginning with the initial invasion in February 2022 where supplies were cut across Ukrainian cities. Mr Khan said such attacks symbolise “not crimes of result but crimes of intent” as “if you are taking out objects that civilians need, like energy infrastructure in the dead of winter, there is a foreseeability to your actions.” Russia has also restricted the exports of Ukrainian food, with a further 270,000 tonnes destroyed between late July and early August. In September 2022, the UN food chief warned that the world is facing a “global emergency of unprecedented magnitude” over the impact of the war in Ukraine on food supplies, with up to 345 million people pushed towards starvation and 70 million pushed closer to it. David Beasley, executive director of the U.N. World Food Program, told the U.N. Security Council at the time: “What was a wave of hunger is now a tsunami of hunger.” Read More A Kremlin critic was transferred to a Siberian prison and placed in a 'punishment cell,' lawyer says Ukraine-Russia war - live: Kyiv launches second attack on Crimean city as Zelensky warned by Polish PM Russian airstrikes kill 2 and wound 3 in southern Ukraine as war enters 20th month The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary
2023-09-25 07:15