Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Azerbaijan hails end of Armenian separatists’ advance in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan hails end of Armenian separatists’ advance in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan's president on Wednesday hailed the country's restoration to "full sovereignty" over the breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh region as ethnic Armenian forces agreed to lay down their weapons. Authorities in the Armenian region declared that the local defence force will disarm and withdraw all weaponry under a Russia-mediated ceasefire following the latest bout of fighting in the decades-long separatist conflict. President Ilham Aliyev in a televised address hailed his soldiers, while offering the ethnic Armenians of the Nagorno-Karabakh region prospects of cooperation, reconciliation and joint development. "In just one day, Azerbaijan fulfilled all the tasks set as part of local anti-terrorist measures" and "restored its sovereignty", the president said, adding he now wished to integrate Karabakh's population and turn the region into "paradise". He said Azerbaijan had nothing against Karabakh's Armenian people – "they are our citizens" – but only against their "criminal" separatist leadership. His words appeared aimed at addressing allegations by Armenian leaders that Baku planned to "ethnically cleanse" Karabakh's 120,000-strong Armenian population amid decades of mistrust between the two nations. The Azerbaijan army on Tuesday launched an "anti-terrorist" operation, unleashing an artillery barrage and drone attacks against outnumbered and undersupplied pro-Armenian forces. Nagorno-Karabakh human rights ombudsman Gegham Stepanyan said at least 200 people, including 10 civilians, were killed and more than 400 others were wounded in the fighting. He said earlier that children were among the dead and wounded. Russia and America condemned the “bloodshed” and called for an “immediate” end to hostilities between Azerbaijan and Armenians in the contested region. French president Emmanuel Macron spoke with Mr Aliyev and "condemned Azerbaijan's decision to use force ... at the risk of worsening the humanitarian crisis" and "compromising ongoing efforts to achieve a fair and lasting peace", his office said. Russian peacekeepers in a statement on Thursday said they have taken in about 5,000 Karabakh residents after evacuating them from dangerous areas. Thousands of Armenians also gathered at the airport of the regional capital, Stepanakert, in a bid to flee the conflict. Armenian prime minister Nikol Pashinyan in an address to the nation said the fighting decreased following the truce, emphasizing that Russian peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh are fully responsible for its residents’ security. "If peacekeepers have proposed a peace deal, it means that they completely and without any reservations accepted the responsibility of ensuring the security of Nagorno-Karabakh Armenians, and provide the conditions and the rights for them to live on their land and in their homes safely," he said, according to the Associated Press. Mr Pashinyan, who has previously recognised Azerbaijan's sovereignty over Nagorno-Karabakh, said Armenia wouldn't be drawn into the fighting. He said his government didn't take part in negotiating the deal, but "has taken note" of the decision made by the region's separatist authorities. Protesters rallied in the Armenian capital of Yerevan for a second straight day Wednesday, blocking streets and demanding that authorities defend Armenians in Karabakh. Azerbaijan's move to reclaim control over Nagorno-Karabakh raised concerns that a full-scale war in the region could resume between the two nations, which have been locked in a struggle over Nagorno-Karabakh since a separatist war there ended in 1994. During another war that lasted for six weeks in 2020, Azerbaijan reclaimed broad swaths of Nagorno-Karabakh and adjacent territories that were held for decades by Armenian forces. More than 6,700 people died in the fighting, which ended with a Russian-brokered peace agreement. Moscow deployed about 2,000 peacekeeping troops to the region. Read More Ceasefire agreed after Azerbaijan unleashes military strikes in Nagorno-Karabakh Why new fighting in Azerbaijan's troubled region may herald a new war Nagorno-Karabakh: Fears of full-scale war as Azerbaijan launches attack on Armenian positions The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary
2023-09-21 13:29
Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin’s forces pushed back in the south as Moscow launches kamikaze drone attack
Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin’s forces pushed back in the south as Moscow launches kamikaze drone attack
Russian forces have been pushed back in the south of Ukraine as Moscow has launched a kamikaze drone attack. On Monday, Ukraine reported that its troops had regained more territory on the eastern front in Bakhmut, making further advances in the south of the country. Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar also reported “success” in the direction of the villages Novodanylivka and Novoprokopivka in the southern region of Zaporizhzhia, but did not add any details. Ukraine has now recaptured approximately 47 square km of territory since it launched its long-awaited counteroffensive in June, Ms Maliar added. Meanwhile, on Monday, Ukraine’s defence ministry said Russian kamikaze drones had exploded on Romanian territory during Moscow’s strike on Odesa. But Romania’s Ministry of National Defence said in a statement: “The Ministry of National Defence firmly denies the information circulating in the public space with regard to a so-called situation occurred during the night of 3-4 September, when Russian drones would have fallen on Romania’s national territory. “The Ministry of National Defence reiterates the fact that these attacks targeting the Ukrainian sites and civilian infrastructure are unjustified and break all international humanitarian rules.” Read More President Zelensky nominates Rustem Umerov as Ukraine’s new defence minister Russian cyber-attacks ‘relentless’ as threat of WW3 grows, expert warns Ukraine ‘targets critical bridge’ built by Putin as counteroffensive ‘breaks through on southern front’
2023-09-04 22:58
Netanyahu vows crackdown on military no-shows in judicial protest
Netanyahu vows crackdown on military no-shows in judicial protest
By Dan Williams JERUSALEM Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to crack down on Monday against threatened no-shows
2023-07-17 19:52
How many miscarriages did Tiffany Haddish had? 'Girls Trip' star reveals why she kept it a 'secret'
How many miscarriages did Tiffany Haddish had? 'Girls Trip' star reveals why she kept it a 'secret'
Tiffany Haddish also opened up about her reproductive health issues, her adoption plans, and her recent breakup with Common
2023-07-25 05:24
Yadav strikes as India see off Labuschagne in WTC final
Yadav strikes as India see off Labuschagne in WTC final
Umesh Yadav dismissed Australia's Marnus Labuschagne for his overnight score before Ravindra Jadeja struck again for India in the World Test...
2023-06-10 19:28
Supreme Court sides with cement mixing company over striking workers in latest blow to unions
Supreme Court sides with cement mixing company over striking workers in latest blow to unions
The Supreme Court on Thursday sided with a cement mixing company that seeks to bypass federal labor law and sue a union in state court for the destruction of property caused by striking workers.
2023-06-01 22:22
This Tik-Tok-Viral Body Scrub Is Well Worth It — Grab It Before It Sells Out Again
This Tik-Tok-Viral Body Scrub Is Well Worth It — Grab It Before It Sells Out Again
If you’re a body-care stan (like we are), then I’m sure you’ve heard of the scrub king brand himself, Frank Body. Best known for its coffee scrub-in-a-bag, Frank Body is honest, clean, and likely popping up on a FYP near you. While I loved its popular coffee scrub, the messy aftermath was a major turn-off. That’s why when I heard that the brand’s new chemical exfoliator/scrub hybrid in tub packaging had gone viral on TikTok, I simply had to put it to the test — along with some other goodies like a cherry lip scrub and an AHA body lotion. Spoiler alert: I loved them all, and I not only know why the Glycolic Body Scrub has TikTok fame, but I also understand why it’s currently on pre-orders only (no worries, you can still add to cart, it’ll just be two weeks longer to ship). I suggest you keep on reading to see exactly why I think this scrub is well worth the wait — before it all sells out again.
2023-08-08 05:27
Late-night hosts team up for 'Strike Force Five' podcast to benefit their out-of-work staff
Late-night hosts team up for 'Strike Force Five' podcast to benefit their out-of-work staff
Late-night hosts Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, John Oliver and Seth Meyers have teamed up for a new podcast called “Strike Force Five” — named after their personal text chain
2023-09-01 02:22
This $33 foldable wireless charger can power 3 devices
This $33 foldable wireless charger can power 3 devices
TL;DR: As of Sept. 11, you can grab a 3-in-1 magnetic wireless charging pad for
2023-09-11 17:26
Who is Jason Bell? SC man sentenced to life in prison for murder of prominent lawyer father
Who is Jason Bell? SC man sentenced to life in prison for murder of prominent lawyer father
Jason Bell initially attempted to deceive law enforcement that his father's death was a suicide
2023-08-12 03:26
Wills Group Announces Appointment of Mark Samuels as Executive Vice President of Convenience Retailing
Wills Group Announces Appointment of Mark Samuels as Executive Vice President of Convenience Retailing
LA PLATA, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 11, 2023--
2023-10-11 22:15
Trans woman's uphill journey to Miss Netherlands crown
Trans woman's uphill journey to Miss Netherlands crown
For the past decade, Rikkie Kolle has been on a journey that has seen her grow from a little boy in a Dutch harbour city...
2023-07-26 11:47