
'It’s fair for her': Amanda Seyfried shares her thoughts on Elizabeth Holmes reporting to prison
Elizabeth Holmes faced trial for falsely claiming that their organization Theranos’ blood testing technology can quickly scan and detect diseases
2023-05-31 06:50

Tottenham respond to latest Bayern Munich bid for Harry Kane
Tottenham Hotspur have rejected Bayern Munich’s latest offer for Harry Kane. Bayern submitted their third offer of the summer for the England captain on Friday and an apparent deadline of midnight was also set by the German club. All weekend passed without any further development but Spurs have now responded on Monday and rejected Bayern’s latest bid, it is understood. Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy was reported to have met with Bayern officials last week, but the clubs remain around £25m apart in their valuation. Friday’s bid was expected to be the final offer made by the Bundesliga champions and it remains to be seen whether or not they will continue their pursuit of Kane. Kane has entered the final 12 months of his contract at Tottenham, but ignored the noise around his future to score four goals in a 5-1 friendly win over Shakhtar Donetsk on Sunday. Dejan Kulusevski set up Kane’s hat-trick strike and hailed the professionalism of his team-mate. “He scored four goals, so very good,” Kulusevski exclaimed. “Nah, he’s unbelievable. Honestly, his mentality, I can learn from him like everybody. He just goes out and performs day in day out. “He’s a true professional. I’m happy I helped him score today but of course we want him to stay and we’ll do everything to make him stay.” Asked whether it would be beneficial to have Kane’s future sorted sooner rather than later, Kulusevski admitted: “I think it would. On the other hand, you can only control what you can control. We players cannot do anything about it. “We work our hardest, try to stay ready and the players that manage it, it’s up to them.” This latest twist in the Kane saga increases the likelihood that the forward will feature in Sunday’s Premier League opener at Brentford. Before Tottenham make the trip across the capital, Postecoglou will take his squad to Barcelona on Tuesday for their final pre-season match this summer. It will be another opportunity for Postecoglou to get his players attuned to his front-foot, progressive style of football and Kulusevski, after being accustomed to a pragmatic and counter-attacking approach under Antonio Conte previously, is relishing the attacking brand brought in. “It is fun actually. I love it,” he said. “You have to be physically very good, I love that too. I’m enjoying having a lot of ball higher on the pitch, so I’m very grateful to have him (Postecoglou). “I like him a lot. Also at half-time he was very angry because we stopped playing for five minutes and you cannot be like that. “You have to play always. Just because you’re tired, you (can’t) let them have the ball. Things happen like that. So I like him a lot and I’m looking forward to improving under him.” Kulusevski did concede there will be an adjustment period for Tottenham under Postecoglou’s new bold style. He said: “Everything takes time in life, but the thing is we really, really have to believe in it. It’s not enough if he’s trying to make us believe. We all have to do it. “But we’re in a good way, I think. This was the first game when we played 90 minutes. We’re happy, we ran a lot. It was quite good. “Last season, maybe we scored one and then we tried to protect the result. So, of course we have to improve but second half was very, very good. “He (Postecoglou) said we always have to play. Don’t shoot away the ball, don’t stop pressing, don’t waste time. Always play, play the same and don’t think about the score or the time. Just play and have fun. “We all want to score much more. When we go 1-0, we want to score the second, not back off. So, we all want to score much more.” Read More Dejan Kulusevski vows to ‘do everything’ to keep Harry Kane at Tottenham Postecoglou aims ‘deadline’ dig at Bayern over Kane transfer saga Harry Kane puts speculation to one side with four goals in Tottenham friendly Gary Lineker worried about Tottenham’s campaign with or without Harry Kane Bayern awaiting Tottenham response on ‘final’ offer for Harry Kane James Maddison wants ‘world’s best number nine’ Harry Kane to stay at Spurs
2023-08-07 23:45

'The View' co-host Ana Navarro labeled 'Karen of Karens' for mocking video of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
Ana Navarro faced backlash for calling Ron DeSantis 'weird' in response to a video that surfaced on social media
2023-08-10 09:54

'He's the producer's pick': 'Love Island USA' fans wonder who's voting for Bergie as he dodges elimination once again
Fans wonder who is voting for Bergie as he is the only one in the villa who viewers believe is not meant for 'Love Island USA'
2023-08-07 11:17

'Shark Tank' Season 15: Kevin O'Leary rejects Glove Wrap, asks 8-year-old founder to drop out of school
Barbara Corcoran didn't think Glove Wrap was special, and Lori Greiner continued by saying she wasn't really passionate about sports
2023-10-14 11:15

India LGBTQ+ couples: 'My parents were ready to kill me for their honour'
Indians from the LGBTQ+ community still face discrimination and violence, sometimes from their own families.
2023-07-28 05:50

Thomas, Gurriel help the Diamondbacks rally for a 5-4 win over the sinking Padres
Alek Thomas hit a go-ahead sacrifice fly in the eighth, Lourdes Gurriel Jr. hit a game-tying, two-run homer in the seventh and the Arizona Diamondbacks rallied for a 5-4 win over the San Diego Padres on Sunday
2023-08-14 07:19

Erin Andrews jokes she's 'the new Bumble,' claims she told Taylor Swift 'go on date' with Travis Kelce
Travis Kelce was drawn to Taylor Swift and tried to give her a friendship bracelet with his number inside during her visit to Kansas City
2023-10-18 10:15

U.S. likely to retaliate against Amsterdam flight cuts, IATA head says
AMSTERDAM U.S. authorities are very likely to retaliate against the Dutch government's decision to cut flights at Amsterdam's
2023-11-14 18:47

Biden emails sought by GOP were sent during planning for anniversary of Beau Biden’s death
An Obama-era White House email transmitting then-vice president Joe Biden’s schedule to his son, Hunter Biden, was sent during planning for a Biden family gathering to mark the one-year anniversary of Beau Biden’s death, The Independent has learned. The communications between an aide for the then-vice president and his youngest and sole surviving son are part of a House Oversight Committee request for Obama-era records sent to the National Archives. The oversight committee chairman, Representative James Comer, said in a letter to the archives released on Thursday that it was “concerning” to the Republican-led panel that Hunter Biden was a recipient of a 26 May 2016 email showing that the then-vice president was scheduled to speak with then-Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko the next day. Republicans have spent the last several years insinuating — without evidence — that then-vice president Biden abused his authority to help Hunter Biden’s business interests. One long-running but oft-disproven allegation states that Mr Biden ordered the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor to disrupt an investigation into a Ukrainian energy firm that employed his son on its board. In reality, the decision to push for the prosecutor’s sacking was official US policy driven by the prosecutor’s failure to pursue corruption cases, and it was supported by the EU, the IMF, World Bank and other stakeholders. In his letter to the Archives, Mr Comer has asked for unredacted copies of four emails that had been released in redacted form pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act request. The Independent reviewed copies of the emails that have been publicly available on a website hosting the contents of a hard drive purportedly abandoned by Hunter Biden at a Delaware computer shop. According to the redacted versions of the emails, certain information was blocked out because it contained personal information about the then-vice president’s schedule. But the unredacted versions purportedly from Hunter Biden’s computer show that following the call with Mr Poroshenko, the then-vice president returned home to Delaware. The day of the call — and Mr Biden’s trip home — was 27 May 2016, nearly one year to the day since Mr Biden’s eldest son, then-Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, passed away after a long battle with brain cancer. Mr Biden’s public schedule from those days is available on archives of the Obama White House website, and they reveal that he had no public events for the period of 28 May 2016 to 30 May 2016. But another email from the purported Hunter Biden laptop, dated 30 May 2016, shows that the then-vice president’s staff coordinated movements of 23 Biden family members to and from a private memorial gathering that day, the exact anniversary of Beau Biden’s death. Hunter Biden, who was not present for the gathering, wrote in his recent memoir Beautiful Things that he spent that weekend in Monte Carlo for a meeting of Burisma’s board. But the younger Biden’s children — the then-vice president’s grandchildren — were listed as attending the gathering, which would have provided a reason for Hunter Biden to be kept aware of his father’s schedule. The day after the gathering, 31 May 2016, was also Memorial Day. That day, Joe Biden resumed his public schedule when he commemorated his late son at a ceremony to rename Delaware’s National Guard headquarters in Wilmington as the Major Joseph R “Beau” Biden III National Guard/Reserve Center. The late Delaware attorney general was an Iraq war veteran who had served a Major in the Army National Guard’s Judge Advocate General’s Corps. The White House and a representative for Mr Comer did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Independent. Read More Hunter Biden lawyer asks to withdraw from case after special counsel named to investigate president’s son Prosecutors in the Hunter Biden case deny defense push to keep gun charge agreement in place Trump and Hunter Biden legal blockbusters rock Washington – but offer a contrast Hunter Biden lawyer asks to withdraw from case after special counsel named in probe Prosecutors in the Hunter Biden case deny defense push to keep gun charge agreement in place Hunter Biden’s lawyer fight to keep plea deal
2023-08-18 06:53

Man Utd chaos continues as players 'wearing replica adidas kits'
Man Utd's players have complained about the quality of kits provided by adidas - Andre Onana and Bruno Fernandes among those wearing replica club items because of sizing issues.
2023-11-01 19:29

Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau arrives in South Korea to discuss trade, North Korean challenge
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has arrived in South Korea for a meeting with South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol at which they are expected to discuss expansion of trade and challenges posed by North Korea
2023-05-16 19:20
You Might Like...

Police in Montana are investigating a report of a noose found near Lyle Lovett's band's tour bus

'RHOP' fans urge Chris Bassett to sue his alleged mistress Ayanna Williams after she reveals she 'lied'

Wales to host Finland in Euro 2024 semi-final play-off

Israeli startups act to relocate over judicial shakeup, survey finds

Marchessault, Theodore lift Golden Knights to 3-2 shootout win over Canadiens

Get 10TB of cloud storage for life, only $70

Daiwa Announces Share Buyback as Profit Climbs on Retail Business

Asia Stocks Drop as Fed Rate Hikes Back in Focus: Markets Wrap