Swiatek wins in three sets at Wimbledon warm-up Bad Homburg
World number one Iga Swiatek came from behind to win her first grass court match of the season in the Wimbledon warm-up at...
2023-06-27 03:51
'It's crazy, amazing': Haiti bring hope with World Cup debut
Haiti's Women's World Cup debut on Saturday can have "a very big impact" on a country that "is suffering at the moment", their captain Nerilia Mondesir said ahead of...
2023-07-21 09:27
GM battery joint venture agrees to hike Ohio workers wages
A joint venture battery plant said on Thursday it will hike the wages of workers at its Ohio
2023-08-25 05:47
Samoa's Mapusua 'freshens things up' for England
Samoa head coach Seilala Mapusua said on Thursday he changed his whole front five for this weekend's Rugby World Cup game with England to deal with...
2023-10-06 02:58
Padres end skid, beating Diamondbacks 10-5 for Arizona's 9th loss in a row
Xander Bogaerts had four hits and three RBIs and the San Diego Padres handed the Arizona Diamondbacks their ninth consecutive loss with a 10-5 victory Friday night
2023-08-12 14:16
SESTEK and ccc Sign MoU to Improve Performance of Call Centers With AI
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 3, 2023--
2023-07-03 13:48
Erik Adrian Blanco: Minnesota man arrested after allegedly beating GF's 14-month-old daughter to death
Erik Adrian Blanco appeared in court on Friday, September 8, and a judge set his bond at $1 million, as per records
2023-09-10 03:26
Environmental Protestors Storm Fancy Hamptons Golf Course, Heckle Members
Protestors shut down Sebonack Golf Club.
2023-07-20 21:20
Biden honors Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights in the return of an NHL tradition
President Joe Biden has honored the Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights in a ceremony at the White House
2023-11-14 03:58
USMNT news: Weah joins Juventus, Adams to West Ham, Horvath moving on
Today's USMNT news includes Timothy Weah officially joining Juventus, West Ham targeting Tyler Adams and Nottingham Forest looking to move on Ethan Horvath.USMNT news: Timothy Weah joins JuventusTimothy Weah has officially been announced as a Juventus player. The USMNT winger joins the club...
2023-07-02 21:50
New video of ‘dead’ Russian Black Sea fleet commander raises doubts over Ukraine’s claim
A top Russian naval officer who Ukraine claimed was killed in a missile strike has been seen in a new video released by Russia, sparking confusion among the war-hit country’s officials. Ukraine’s special forces on Monday had claimed Russian admiral Viktor Sokolov and 33 other officers were killed in a missile strike carried out on the Black Sea Fleet’s headquarters in Sevastopol in Crimea. The video released by Russia’s defence ministry on Tuesday, however, showed Black Sea Fleet commander Sokolov appearing on a video conference call with Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu. It remains unclear when the video was recorded. While it is not clear how Ukraine counted casualties in the Sevastopol operation, Anton Gerashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine’s minister of internal affairs, had earlier posted the admiral’s name and photo on social media. Ukraine now says it is working to “clarify” earlier reports. Russia has not issued any direct rebuttal of Ukraine’s claims, which is consistent with its stance of maintaining silence on significant battlefield losses. “As is known, 34 officers were killed as a result of a missile attack on the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation. Available sources claim that among the dead was the commander of the Russian Army. Many still have not been identified due to the disparity of body fragments,” Ukraine’s special forces said on their official Telegram channel. “Since the Russians were urgently forced to publish an answer with an apparently alive Sokolov, our units are clarifying the information,” it said. The video from Tuesday showed defence minister Shoigu talking about a drill he claimed Russia’s Pacific fleet had completed a day earlier, as several top officers appeared on a big screen in the room. Admiral Sokolov is also seen in a video screen but in a different location, with only a flag seen in the backdrop behind him. He is also not heard speaking in the video. While this appears to be a signal from Moscow that the admiral is still alive, Russia has not released any details to prove when the video conference took place. In its earlier update on the Sevastopol strike, Ukraine’s special forces said the air force fired 12 missiles on the Black Sea Fleet headquarters as it targeted areas where personnel, military equipment and weapons were concentrated. Two anti-aircraft missile systems and four Russian artillery units were hit, special forces said. It was a rare direct claim of responsibility from Ukraine for an attack on either Russian soil or a target in Crimea, which Russia has occupied since its illegal annexation in 2014. Moscow-installed authorities in Sevastopol are reported to be taking extra defensive measures in the face of Ukraine’s increased attacks on Crimea in recent days. Sevastopol is a critical region providing a platform from which Russia has launched many of its air attacks on Ukraine in the 19-month-long war. Read More Russia remains silent as Ukraine claims Black Sea Fleet commander among 34 officers killed Putin’s Black Sea fleet commander ‘killed in navy attack’ as Ukraine breakthrough triggers ‘panic’ Russia’s Lavrov rubbishes Ukraine peace plan and warns conflict will be resolved on battlefield Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin planning new ‘assault units’ despite Moscow’s ‘mobilisation issues’
2023-09-27 14:54
Harden sits out third straight game, Embiid gets the start for 76ers in home opener
James Harden was out for the 76ers
2023-10-30 08:17
You Might Like...
Sam Bankman-Fried due back in court as judge weighs bail conditions
Chris Pratt sparks debate over when parents should throw away childhood trophies
Harry Kane says England can be proud of qualifying campaign despite closing draw
Giorgos Giakoumakis reveals why Atlanta United are confident for MLS Cup playoffs
Fiji suffer blow as fly-half Muntz ruled out of World Cup
Airline delays and cancellations are bad. Ahead of the holiday weekend, they're getting worse
Barcelona announce signing of Inigo Martinez
Ronald Acuna Jr. joins exclusive 40-40 club, Braves roll past Nationals 9-6
