
Tyrese Proctor's 22 points propel No. 9 Duke past La Salle 95-66
Sophomore guard Tyrese Proctor scored a career-high 22 and No. 9 Duke had several big second-half runs to bury La Salle in a 95-66 win Tuesday night
2023-11-22 10:59

Barr says he believes Trump 'knew well he lost the election'
Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Wednesday that he believes Donald Trump "knew well he lost the election," speaking to CNN on the eve of the former president's arraignment in the special counsel's probe into 2020 election interference.
2023-08-03 12:16

Mark Meadows, John Eastman, Jeffrey Clark and others plead not guilty in Trump’s Georgia RICO case
Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges in Georgia connected to a sprawling case surrounding Donald Trump’s attempts to subvert the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. John Eastman, a Trump-linked attorney and chief architect of a plot to unlawfully swap presidential electors for Joe Biden with Trump loyalists, and former assistant US Attorney General Jeffrey Clark have also pleaded not guilty and waived their Fulton County court appearance that was scheduled for 6 September. They join 16 other defendants in the case, including the former president, who have pleaded not guilty to the mountain of charges against them, including an alleged racketeering scheme prosecuted under the state’s RICO statute. Only Misty Hampton, the former elections director in Georgia’s Coffee County, has yet to enter a plea. Former Coffee County Republican Party chair Cathy Latham, former Georgia Republican Party chair David Shafer, and current state Senator Shawn Still – all of whom were among the 16 fake electors – also entered not guilty pleas on 5 September and waived their appearances. The former president and his 18 co-defendants were formally booked earlier this month on a range of charges connected to an alleged criminal enterprise orchestrated by then-President Trump and his allies to overturn election results, one of the largest criminal cases yet against the former president to date for crimes allegedly committed while he was in office. Last week, Mr Meadows testified in US District Court in Atlanta as part of his effort to move the state case out of Fulton County and into federal court, marking one of the first courtroom battles between the 19 defendants and prosecutors under Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis. It also marked some of his first public statements in months, and his first as a criminal defendant. His surprise testimony in federal court on 28 August comes two weeks after a grand jury indictment presented the largest and most significant case yet facing Mr Trump and others who allegedly “knowingly and willfully joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election” to ensure he remained in power. He faces two counts in the sprawling 41-count indictment outlining dozens of acts that encompass the conspiracy: one count of violating Georgia’s RICO statute, and one count of solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer. Attorneys for Mr Meadows have asked for the “prompt removal” of the case from Fulton County, citing federal law that allows US officials to remove civil or criminal trials from state court over alleged actions performed “under color” of their offices, with Mr Meadows performing such acts during his “tenure” as White House chief of staff, they wrote in court filings. The Georgia case is separate from the US Department of Justice investigation and federal charges against Mr Trump for his efforts to subvert the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. US District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington DC set a tentative trial date in that case for 4 March, 2024 – one day before Super Tuesday primary election contests. This is a developing story Read More Trump hits back at push to ban him from 2024 race: Live updates Trump angrily refutes claim that 14th amendment disqualifies him from being president again Ashli Babbitt’s mother makes death threat against officer who shot daughter on Jan 6 and Nancy Pelosi Mark Meadows grilled on witness stand over Trump’s Georgia call to ‘find’ votes and false election claims Georgia official told by Trump to ‘find’ votes testifies phone call was ‘extraordinary’
2023-09-05 23:58

Jill Biden: Consequences of overturning Roe v. Wade 'go far beyond the right to choose'
Jill Biden says the consequences for women of losing the constitutional right to an abortion “go far beyond the right to choose.”
2023-06-21 06:29

What happened when iShowSpeed made misogynistic and sexist remarks? 'Get off the f**king game and do your husband's dishes'
This incident was brought to light by Jake Lucky, an E-sports reporter, who recorded and shared a portion of iShowSpeed's offensive remarks
2023-06-02 13:59

Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool have not been good enough for top-four finish
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp accepted his side have not been good enough to qualify for the Champions League this season. A 1-1 draw at home to Aston Villa not only ended a nine-match winning run but also made their outside hopes of making the top-four even more remote. They would have to win their final match at Southampton and rely on Newcastle or Manchester United not picking up another point from their remaining two games, an outcome Klopp admits is not going to happen. “I think the whole season is rather a season where we qualify for Europa League than for Champions League,” he said. “We were for too long not good enough or ourselves.” While the draw was a disappointment there was, at least, a memorable end as Roberto Firmino, who is leaving the club after eight influential years, came off the bench to score at the Kop end in the 89th minute to cancel out Jacob Ramsey’s first-half effort. Firmino was not the only one saying goodbye to Anfield as James Milner and fellow midfielders Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita, who were not in the matchday squad, are also departing when their contracts end next month and it added to an emotional but frustrating afternoon. “This day was not an easy day for us – no excuse for anything, it just was not easy because we all love these four boys,” added Klopp. “The first half was not great I would say. We were too much in a rush in both departments, with the ball, without the ball. We were for too long not good enough or ourselves Jurgen Klopp “Our pressing was not good, you could see we wanted but the timing was ‘Wow. ‘Who is where?’ That was not helpful. “They (Villa) had moments in the game and they are a good football team obviously. “It was clear in the second half we have to calm down, increase the pressure but calm down in the right areas, and that’s what we did and then you could see the whole game was for Aston Villa super-intense as well.” Villa boss Unai Emery was satisfied with the performance, despite the late disappointment of conceding an equaliser. His side moved above Tottenham and will secure European football with victory over Brighton in their final match next week. “You can analyse 90 minutes in different ways,” Emery said. “I think the first half we played very well but we played well because to play to avoid the high press is not easy and to play with the personality we did is not easy. “To have got three points would have been fantastic, we defended very well and our commitment was fantastic. “I’ve played here before and I know what a difficult match it is here at Anfield. They were in their best moment of the season, confident, trying to get top four.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Nottingham Forest upset Arsenal to clinch safety and hand Manchester City title Ollie Robinson becomes latest injury worry for England ahead of summer Tests Manchester City win Premier League after Arsenal lose at Nottingham Forest
2023-05-21 02:49

School where teacher was stabbed to death in France evacuated over bomb threat
A high school where a teacher was fatally stabbed in France has been evacuated over a bomb threat. The attack happened at City School Gambetta-Carnot in the town of Arras in the north of the country on Friday at around 11am. Two other people were injured. The prefecture of the northern Pas-de-Calais region said the decision was made to evacuate the school after police received a bomb threat via its website. A bomb disposal team is on site, the prefecture said, adding that “all precautionary and safety measures” are being taken until the site is cleared. France is on heightened alert against feared terror threats following the stabbing incident in which a teacher, named locally as Dominque Bernard, died. Schools across the country will hold a moment of silence after the teacher was killed and three other people were injured last week in the attack by a former student suspected of Islamic radicalisation. Hours following the attack, Emmanuel Macron visited the school, describing the attack as the result of “barbaric Islamist terrorism”, before praising the killed teacher. “The teacher who was killed had come forward to protect others and had without doubt saved many lives,” he said. Counter-terrorism authorities are investigating Friday’s stabbing, and the suspected assailant and several others are in custody, prosecutors said. The suspect had been under recent surveillance by intelligence services for radicalisation. The prosecutor said the alleged assailant was a former student there and repeatedly shouted “Allahu akbar,” or “God is great”, during the attack. Another teacher and a security guard are in a critical condition with wounds from the stabbing, police said. The counter-terrorism prosecutor said a cleaning worker was also injured. More follows on this breaking news story.... Read More French schools hold a moment of silence in an homage to a teacher killed in a knife attack France is deploying 7,000 troops after a deadly school stabbing by a suspected Islamic radical Teacher killed in ‘terror attack’ at French school ‘died protecting others’ from knife rampage
2023-10-16 17:50

Vikings depth chart following Josh Dobbs trade: Who will be QB1?
The Minnesota Vikings have acquired Josh Dobbs from the Arizona Cardinals to replace the injured Kirk Cousins.
2023-11-01 03:20

Who is Regan Thibodeau? Sign language interpreter leading Maine mass shooting media briefings was a close friend of victim Joshua Seal
Joshua Seal was one of the four people from the deaf community killed during a cornhole tournament at a Lewiston bar on October 25
2023-10-28 18:46

The Warriors better have a long-term plan after Chris Paul trade
The Warriors solved their Jordan Poole problem and picked up Chris Paul in the process. But what's the plan for a 38-year-old point and his grinding style?The Warriors stole headlines before the NBA Draft, completing a trade to send Jordan Poole, Ryan Rollins, a 2027 second-round pick and a...
2023-06-24 01:22

Who is John C Drake Jr? Nashville police chief's estranged son suspected of shooting two La Vergne officers
John C Drake Jr, who apparently shot the two on-duty officers during a scuffle at a Dollar General, has a criminal history dating back to 2005
2023-10-22 16:15

Jaylen Brown scores 28 points, Celtics hit 19 3s and beat Nets 121-107 in NBA tournament play
Jaylen Brown scored 28 points, making five of his team’s 19 3-pointers, to lead the Boston Celtics to a 121-107 win over the Brooklyn Nets the In-Season Tournament
2023-11-11 11:23
You Might Like...

Ikea net profit surges in 2023 as sales rise

US Senator Tuberville chided on Senate floor for white nationalism remarks

Instant View: Australia govt appoints Michele Bullock as next RBA governor

Japan Finance Minister: Expect BOJ to pursue inflation target with appropriate policies

DeSantis rakes in $20m after wobbly start to 2024 White House run

Dubai luxury home sales hit $1.6 billion in Q3, property consultancy says

Millions travel across China as national holiday kicks off

Andrew Tate describes love as having 'authority' over people, trolls say ‘he has larger ego than Mt Everest’