
Georgia coach Kirby Smart still looking for way to slow down his players despite tragedy
Georgia coach Kirby Smart says he is still struggling to find a way to convince his Georgia players to slow down when driving, even after a player and employee were killed in a January crash that involved racing and speeding
2023-07-12 04:27

We know what it means to Wales to get to Euro 2024 – Jordan James
Wales midfielder Jordan James is targeting Euro 2024 qualification after enjoying the “best night of my life” against stellar Croatia trio Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic and Marcelo Brozovic. Croatia have often carried the tag of having the best midfield in world football, but they had few answers in Cardiff last month as Wales beat them 2-1 to keep hopes of playing at Euro 2024 alive. James, the 19-year-old Birmingham midfielder, had a huge part to play in that victory alongside Ethan Ampadu, and Wales now meet Armenia and Turkey this week with automatic qualification in their own hands. “It was probably the best night of my life, as a collective and for me personally,” James said. “Seeing my family in the crowd and how proud they were, it was a massive win for the country. Hopefully we can do the same in the next two games. “I don’t think it gets much better than that, but we’ve still got a job to do. “On paper, that was the toughest game in the group, but we’re not going to take the next two games lightly. “We know what it means to the country to get to these big tournaments, so that’s our focus and hopefully we can do that. It was probably the best night of my life, as a collective and for me personally Jordan James “Coming into this camp now, we’ll look back on that Croatia game and take confidence into the next two.” Hereford-born James was capped by England at Under-20 level but qualifies for Wales through his father Tony, who played for his hometown club Newport. James only made his debut in March – coming on as a substitute in the 1-1 draw away to Croatia in Split – but has started the last two qualifiers, both of which Wales won. He has now won six caps – an incredible 164 fewer than Real Madrid star Modric – and quickly struck up an effective partnership with Leeds midfielder Ampadu. “It’s been great. As soon as I played with him the first time, we just clicked,” James said. “We just work off each other, I think you saw that against Croatia. When we didn’t have possession, we were solid, we did our job and that’s the main thing. “Ethan is a brilliant player and it’s very easy to play with him. I see him as a leader and I study how he plays because he’s somewhere I want to get to. I could see him being captain one day. “I’ve had massive trust from the gaffer (Rob Page) at such a young age. Playing for your country, there is a risk but he took it and I’m just trying to repay him for what he’s done for me.” Wales will secure a top-two place in Group D by taking maximum points from Armenia in Yerevan on Saturday and already-qualified Turkey at the Cardiff City Stadium three days later. Dropped points will leave Wales relying on favourable results elsewhere if they are to avoid the play-offs in March where the likes of Norway, Poland and Ukraine could be lurking. Armenia, ranked 95th in the world and 67 places below Wales, stunned Page’s side with a 4-2 Cardiff victory in June. James said: “There is a bit of revenge there because you don’t like losing. “We’re athletes, we want to compete, and we don’t like losing against any team. “It’s not nice and we want to get one back on them. But we know we’ve got a job to do. “We want to get it done and then focus on Turkey.” Read More Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa ‘knew time would come’ for England call-up Rohit Sharma urges India to retain same mindset for World Cup semi-final Sol Campbell ‘happy in different space’ as he turns back on football management LaLiga president says Jude Bellingham ‘like he’s from a different planet’ Rory McIlroy aware ‘loose lips sink ships’ as progress made towards golf future ‘Drained and stressed’ Ronnie O’Sullivan withdraws from Champion of Champions
2023-11-15 01:26

When will 'Sister Wives' Season 18 Episode 9 release? Kody Brown tries mending his relationship with Janelle Brown
'Sister Wives' Season 18 star Meri Brown is firm with her decision about moving to Utah
2023-10-09 11:17

Christie allies launch super PAC ahead of expected 2024 run
Allies of former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie have formed a super PAC to support an expected Republican presidential bid, two sources familiar with the plans tell CNN.
2023-05-30 20:51

Have Paris Hilton's priorities changed? OG reality star says 'this has been the best time of my life'
'This has been the best time of my life. He’s just everything to me,' said Paris Hilton
2023-07-29 06:20

Trump, allies escalate attacks on criminal case as history-making court appearance approaches
Donald Trump and his allies are escalating efforts to undermine the criminal case against him and drum up protests as the former president braces for a history-making federal court appearance this week on dozens of felony charges accusing him of illegally hoarding classified information. Trump's Tuesday afternoon appearance in Miami will mark his second time in as many months facing a judge on criminal charges. But unlike a New York case some legal analysts derided as relatively trivial, the Justice Department's first prosecution of a former president concerns conduct that prosecutors say jeopardized national security and that involves Espionage Act charges carrying the threat of a significant prison sentence in the event of conviction. Ahead of his arraignment, Trump ratcheted up the rhetoric against the Justice Department special counsel who filed the case, calling Jack Smith “deranged" and his team of prosecutors “thugs" as he repeated without any evidence his claims that he was the target of a political persecution. He called on his supporters to join a planned protest at the Miami courthouse Tuesday, where he will be arraigned on the charges. “We need strength in our country now,” Trump said, speaking to his longtime friend and adviser Roger Stone in an interview on WABC Radio. “And they have to go out and they have to protest peacefully. They have to go out.” “Look, our country has to protest. We have plenty of protest to protest. We’ve lost everything,” he went on. He also said there were no circumstances “whatsoever” under which he would leave the 2024 race, where he's so far been dominating the Republican primary. Other Trump supporters have rallied to his defense with similar language, including Kari Lake, the unsuccessful Republican gubernatorial candidate in Arizona who pointedly said over the weekend that if prosecutors “want to get to President Trump,” they're ”going to have to go through me, and 75 million Americans just like me. And most of us are card-carrying members of the NRA." Trump's calls for protest echoed exhortations he made ahead of a New York court appearance last April, where he faces charges arising from hush money payments made during his 2016 presidential campaign, though he complained that those who showed up to protest then were “so far away that nobody knew about ’em,” And just like in that case, he plans to address supporters in a Tuesday evening speech hours after his court date. Trump is expected to depart for Miami on Monday and will spend the rest of the day in Florida, huddled with advisers. After his court appearance, he will return to New Jersey, where he’s scheduled a press event to publicly respond to the charges. Trump supporters were also planning to load buses to head to Miami from other parts of Florida, raising concerns for law enforcement officials who are preparing for the potential of unrest around the courthouse. Mayor Francis Suarez was expected to announce additional details Monday about the preparations though there was little police presence near the courthouse as late as Sunday afternoon and barricades hadn’t yet been erected nearby, a stark contrast to New York City where police planned for protests for weeks even though no violence ultimately happened. The Justice Department unsealed Friday an indictment charging Trump with 37 felony counts, 31 relating to the willful retention of national defense information. Other charges include conspiracy to commit obstruction and false statements. The indictment alleges Trump intentionally retained hundreds of classified documents that he took with him from the White House to his Florida estate, Mar-a-Lago, after leaving the White House in January 2021. The material he stored, including in a bathroom, ballroom, bedroom and shower, included material on nuclear programs, defense and weapons capabilities of the U.S. and foreign governments and a Pentagon “attack plan,” the indictment says. The information, if exposed, could have put at risk members of the military, confidential human sources and intelligence collection methods, prosecutors said. Beyond that, prosecutors say, he sought to obstruct government efforts to recover the documents, including by directing personal aide Walt Nauta — who was charged alongside Trump — to move boxes to conceal them and also suggesting to his own lawyer that he hide or destroy documents sought by a Justice Department subpoena. Some fellow Republicans have sought to press the case that Trump is being treated unfairly, citing the Justice Department's decision in 2016 to not charge Democrat Hillary Clinton for her handling of classified information through a private email server she relied on as secretary of state. But those arguments overlook that FBI investigators did not find any evidence that Clinton or her aides had willfully broken laws regarding classified information or had obstructed the investigation. New Hampshire Republican Gov. Chris Sununu, speaking Sunday on CBS News, said there was a “huge difference” between the two investigations but that it “has to be explained to the American people.” The Justice Department earlier this month informed former Vice President Mike Pence that it would not bring charges over the presence of classified documents in his Indiana home. A separate Justice Department special counsel investigation into the discovery of classified records at a home and office of President Joe Biden continues, though as in the Clinton case, no evidence of obstruction or intentional law-breaking has surfaced. Trump's own former attorney general, William Barr, offered a grim prediction of Trump's fate, saying on Fox News that Trump had no right to hold onto such sensitive records. “If even half of it is true,” Barr said of the allegations in the indictment, “then he’s toast. I mean, it’s a pretty — it’s a very detailed indictment, and it’s very, very damning. And this idea of presenting Trump as a victim here — a victim of a witch hunt is ridiculous.” ___ Colvin reported from New York. Follow Eric Tucker on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/etuckerAP ___ More on Donald Trump-related investigations: https://apnews.com/hub/donald-trump Read More Ivanka and Jared split over attending Trump 2024 launch – follow live Why was Donald Trump impeached twice during his first term? Four big lies Trump told during his 2024 presidential announcement The Great Grift: How billions in COVID-19 relief aid was stolen or wasted Report: Billionaire investor, philanthropist George Soros cedes control of empire to a younger son US aims to rejoin UN scientific and educational organization to push back on China
2023-06-12 12:23

Marvel visual effects workers unanimously vote to unionize
Marvel Studio's VFX workers unanimously voted to unionize with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employes, marking the first time visual effects workers have unionized with IATSE, the union announced Wednesday.
2023-09-14 02:45

Philadelphia Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson misses game against Buffalo with groin injury
Philadelphia Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson was inactive with a groin injury for Sunday’s game against Buffalo
2023-11-27 04:26

There's Something Hilarious About a Referee Getting Hit in the Face With a Football
VIDEO: Ref hit in face with football.
2023-08-28 04:48

Internet shades Kylie Jenner as 'The Kardashians' star makes bombshell admission of secret boob job at 19: 'Let's act surprised'
Kylie Jenner acknowledged having breast enhancement surgery when she was a teenager and expressed her regret over it
2023-07-27 13:56

US SEC asks judge to deny Coinbase motion to dismiss its lawsuit
By Hannah Lang and Chris Prentice The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Tuesday asked a federal
2023-10-04 07:52

Thaksin Returns From Exile After Deal With Former Thai Foes
Back in 2008, the last time Thaksin Shinawatra stepped foot in Thailand, he was adored among the nation’s
2023-08-22 13:21
You Might Like...

Wheeler strikes out 12 as Philadelphia Phillies top Atlanta Braves 2-1

Indonesian Debt Troubles Underscored as State Firm Seeks Help

Lakers vs. Hornets prediction and odds for NBA Summer League (Back Los Angeles)

UN says insurance coverage secured to salvage rusting oil tanker off Yemen

What is 'On Our Way' about? Plot of romantic drama explained

Cubs ace Marcus Stroman leaves London Series with mysterious injury

Christie says RNC blocked planned joint discussion with Ramaswamy on Fox

NFL trade grades: Regrading the T.J. Hockenson deal after Vikings payday