Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Ecuador chooses president amid spike in violence
Ecuador chooses president amid spike in violence
The campaign was overshadowed by a wave of shootings, including the assassination of a candidate.
2023-08-21 04:48
Rio Ferdinand sends angry message demanding protection for Vinicius Jr after racism storm
Rio Ferdinand sends angry message demanding protection for Vinicius Jr after racism storm
Rio Ferdinand has called for the football authorities to do more to protect Vinicius Jr. after the Real Madrid forward again suffered racial abuse. The Brazilian was sent off in stoppage time of Real Madrid’s 1-0 defeat to Valencia on Sunday after a clash with Hugo Duro. The game had earlier been briefly halted after Vinicius pointed out a number of supporters who had directed racial abuse at him. It is not the first time this season that the 22-year-old has been targeted, with La Liga having filed as many as eight instances of “racist behaviour” against him to the Spanish courts before Sunday’s game. And Ferdinand believes more must be done. “Who is protecting Vinicius Junior in Spain?” Ferdinand asked on social media. “He receives a red card after being choked and receiving racial abuse during the game...wtf. “How many times do we need to see this young man subjected to this s***? I see pain, I see disgust, I see him needing help...and the authorities don’t do s*** to help him. “People need to stand together and demand more from the authorities that run our game. No one deserves this, yet you are allowing it. “There needs to be a unified approach to this otherwise it will be swept under the carpet again.” La Liga has said in a statement that it will investigate the latest incidents and take “appropriate legal action” if a hate crime is identified. Vinicius, though, accused the league of “belonging to racists”. “It wasn’t the first time, nor the second, nor the third,” the forward said on Instagram. “Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it’s normal, the federation does too and the opponents encourage it. “A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world. I’m sorry for the Spaniards who don’t agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists. “And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defence. I agree. But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here.” Read More Brazilian president Lula and players support Vinicius Junior after racist attack in La Liga match ‘Racism is normal in LaLiga’: Vinicius Junior sent off after facing racist abuse at Valencia Real Madrid at critical juncture after impotent and powerless Champions League exit Eric Cantona to Joey Barton – the Premier League’s longest bans Ronnie O’Sullivan shows how versatile his book is – Thursday’s sporting social Commentator sparks outrage for criticising Vinicius reaction to facing racist abuse
2023-05-22 18:15
3 teams that can rescue Dalvin Cook from the New York Jets
3 teams that can rescue Dalvin Cook from the New York Jets
Dalvin Cook is unhappy with his role with the New York Jets. As the trade deadline approaches, here are a few potential saviors.
2023-10-30 03:49
Take Five: Roll on Q4!
Take Five: Roll on Q4!
LONDON There's a looming partial shutdown of the U.S. government, embattled developer China Evergrande on the brink, and
2023-09-29 15:51
Rome's historic bakery to the popes closes
Rome's historic bakery to the popes closes
The Arrigoni bakery has made bread for the popes for almost a century, from rosetta rolls to wholewheat loaves -- but mass tourism has proved deadly and...
2023-07-07 01:24
Even with due diligence, AP Top 25 voters know preseason ballot is an educated-guessing game
Even with due diligence, AP Top 25 voters know preseason ballot is an educated-guessing game
It's not easy picking a preseason Top 25
2023-08-11 07:15
Kosovo PM presents plan to defuse tensions in Serb-majority area
Kosovo PM presents plan to defuse tensions in Serb-majority area
PRISTINA Kosovo's prime minister on Tuesday presented a plan to defuse tensions in its Serb-majority north that would
2023-06-13 21:24
Erik ten Hag highlights Manchester United ‘challenge’ in push to ‘raise the bar’
Erik ten Hag highlights Manchester United ‘challenge’ in push to ‘raise the bar’
Erik ten Hag is demanding Manchester United raise the bar once again having overseen “necessary” and “immense” improvements during his first year in charge. Last summer the Dutchman took the reins at a club in disarray, with a lack of coherency, quality and joined-up thinking resulting in a wretched 2021-22 campaign. Ten Hag brought in a new style, implemented demanding standards and handled star Cristiano Ronaldo’s exit as well he could before masterminding the end of United’s six-year wait for silverware. The Carabao Cup triumph was followed by a third-placed Premier League finish and FA Cup final loss to eventual treble winners Manchester City, who are the target as they push for further improvements. “I think the levels all across increased (at an) immense (level) and that was necessary,” Ten Hag said, reflecting on his first year in charge. “But, still, we are not there where we want to be and we have to raise the bar, so we have to go to next levels. “You learn always and I think English football evolves and I think you see nowadays the league is stronger and stronger. When you compare it with three, four years ago, it’s definitely the case. “Because all the strong players get attracted to the Premier League, all the best managers got attracted to the Premier League, so every time it develops and progresses. “It’s really a challenge and I’m really looking forward again to go in the season and to get the challenge.” United have been bolstered heading into the new season by the arrivals of Mason Mount from Chelsea and Inter Milan’s adventurous goalkeeper Andre Onana. Rasmus Hojlund is set to join them after United agreed a deal in principle to sign the talented Atalanta striker for a £64million fee rising to £72m – a potentially key addition to a goal-shy group. “I can’t talk about this player in this moment because I’m a long time in football and I know first we need signings,” said Ten Hag, who always tends to keeps cards close to his chest. “So far, we have to keep calm and let the professionals do their work. “ Hojlund’s arrival will take United’s summer outlay to £162.8m – a figure that would increase to £179.2m if the respective clauses in the three arrivals’ contracts are met. Club success is key to many of those add-ons and fans could be concerned it will be hard to reach those heights under the Glazers given their track record. Hope that their long, unpopular ownership could end grew with November’s announcement of a “strategic review” at United, with Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim Ratcliffe placing bids. But the Glazers are dragging their heels and no resolution is in sight with the Premier League kick-off less than a fortnight away. “I focus on my job, and that is to improve the team,” Ten Hag told the PA news agency when asked about the takeover situation. “I have to do my work to sign the players and I have to work on the way of play. That is my focus area. “That’s what I’ve done, so I don’t get distracted from any of the strategic review. That’s what others in the club will deal with. We are building, we are building a project. We want to win trophies Erik ten Hag “We have a good information line. We’re sharing the information, so I know where I am and I can focus on my job. “Most of the times (the information) is going over (chief executive) Richard Arnold or (football director) John Murtough. But sometimes also we have direct contact, as you have seen in New York.” Ten Hag faced a variety of questions about different topics in the New York area ahead of kicking off their US tour with a 2-0 friendly win against Arsenal at MetLife Stadium. The Dutchman pointed back to his comments there when asked for an update on Mason Greenwood, who has been suspended since January 2022. The Crown Prosecution Service announced in February that all charges, including attempted rape and assault, had been dropped but an internal investigation continues. “I explained in New York and I don’t think I have to reply again on that question,” Ten Hag said. “I answered this question, but I can’t every time answer the same question.” Another major topic heading into the New York leg was the United captaincy as Ten Hag had just stripped Harry Maguire of the armband and handed it to Bruno Fernandes. The club have since rejected a £20m bid from West Ham for the out-of-favour defender, who it was suggested could dominate the first few months of the season like Ronaldo did last term. “I don’t see it like that, but you can have that impression,” Ten Hag retorted. “That’s your choice. “But not last year, not this year. We are building, we are building a project. We want to win trophies. “And, so we have to invest in the way of play, we have to invest in the team and our focus is not on one player.” Ten Hag says consistency across the team is essential if United are to kick on next season, with the early acquisitions of Mount and Onana boosting their preparations. “I wouldn’t call it an Erik ten Hag squad,” the manager added. “It’s about the demands of top football. “We have to find the players, or we have to increase the levels from the players who are there. “I think many players improved during last season. My expectation is that we can make another step that we increase the levels of the individuals.” Read More Manchester United agree deal for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund Manchester United confident of signing striker as Rasmus Hojlund talks continue Bellingham scores first goal for Real Madrid in win over Man United Wrexham co-owner Rob McElhenney meets Man United boss Erik ten Hag Manchester United make ‘progress’ in transfer search for new striker Manchester United transfer news: Hojlund, Henderson, Amrabat, Bailly and more
2023-07-31 02:55
Oath Keepers convicted in Jan. 6 Capitol riot get prison in latest extremist sentencings
Oath Keepers convicted in Jan. 6 Capitol riot get prison in latest extremist sentencings
Two Florida men who stormed the U.S. Capitol with other members of the far-right Oath Keepers group were sentenced Friday to three years in prison for seditious conspiracy and other charges — the latest in a historic string of sentences in the Jan. 6
2023-06-03 04:47
Sale stars again on mound, Red Sox snap skid by beating Diamondbacks 7-2
Sale stars again on mound, Red Sox snap skid by beating Diamondbacks 7-2
Chris Sale threw five strong innings, Kiké Hernández smacked a two-run homer and the Boston Red Sox snapped a four-game losing streak by beating the Arizona Diamondbacks 7-2
2023-05-27 12:52
Factbox-Moscow takes control over assets of Western companies
Factbox-Moscow takes control over assets of Western companies
President Vladimir Putin has signed decrees to take temporary control of assets belonging to some Western companies in
2023-07-27 22:21
Logan Paul reacts to Dillon Danis' bizzare video on Twitter, internet says 'Something wrong is going on'
Logan Paul reacts to Dillon Danis' bizzare video on Twitter, internet says 'Something wrong is going on'
Logan Paul trolled Dillon Danis on X by posting his sauna video
2023-09-18 16:50