
Czech Republic country profile
Provides an overview of the Czech Republic, including key facts about this central European country.
2023-05-18 18:50

Norway Inflation Slows in Surprise as Norges Bank Nears Peak
Norway’s inflation unexpectedly slowed last month, suggesting that Norges Bank is likely to end monetary tightening after an
2023-09-11 16:00

Florida back in Stanley Cup Final after taking advantage of matchups at home vs. Vegas
Being at home proved to be crucial for the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup Final against the Vegas Golden Knights
2023-06-09 11:55

Why MrBeast is suing the company behind his burgers
MrBeast has confirmed that he is suing the company behind his burgers over quality control complaints, while also claiming not to have received payments. The YouTube star partnered with Virtual Dining Concepts back in 2020 to launch a chain of “ghost kitchens” which would act as “virtual restaurants” producing MrBeast Burgers. MrBeast, real name James Donaldson, is now taking legal action after the virtual chain was hit with complaints from users, Bloomberg reports. The lawsuit refers to the negative feedback from customers, reading: “Customers have referred to the burgers as being ‘disgusting’, ‘revolting,’ and ‘inedible'.” Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter “There are thousands of negative reviews, articles, and comments from people who are deeply disappointed by the fact that MrBeast would put his name on this product.” It continues: “Because the entire business is based on the tremendous global value of the MrBeast brand, it is MrBeast himself, and not Virtual Dining Concepts, who has borne the brunt of the (justified) attacks and criticisms.” The lawsuit also claims that MrBeast has not received payments. “To be clear, while this business has made millions of dollars, MrBeast has not received a dime,” it claims. MrBeast also responded to a user on Twitter who was unhappy with their experience ordering the burger by saying: “It’s impossible to guarantee the quality of orders with virtual restaurants. Hurts my soul to see orders messed up. Sadly I can’t get out of my deal with [MrBeast Burger]”, he said. “Hence why I’m never giving up control of Feastables so I can always do what’s best for my fans. Harsh lesson to learn.” Links to negative reviews and comments from customers are also included in the lawsuit. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-08-01 20:22

A woman's remains were found in 1978 in Nevada. Police now know the identity of the victim from Ohio
Forty-five years after an Ohio woman went missing somewhere along the West Coast, her two remaining relatives -- the woman's nieces -- now know what became of their Aunt Dolly.
2023-06-17 14:25

Standard Chartered CFO Andy Halford to retire
Standard Chartered said on Thursday Andy Halford has decided to retire as group chief financial officer and group
2023-08-31 17:47

Connor Joe homers against former team as Pirates beat San Francisco 2-1
Connor Joe homered against his former team and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat San Francisco 2-1 to snap a five-game losing streak against the Giants
2023-05-31 14:00

Harry Kane says England can be proud of qualifying campaign despite closing draw
Harry Kane insisted England should be proud of their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign despite a flat end to the year with a 1-1 draw in North Macedonia. England topped their group, finishing six points ahead of Italy, to book their place in Germany with two games to spare. Kane told Channel 4: “Difficult game, we knew it would be and it was tough against a decent side playing on a pitch that is difficult to play our style of football on. “We went 1-0 behind against the run of play with a soft penalty. It was good to get on the pitch. It was important for us to get a goal back and a shame we couldn’t get a second.” England equalised seconds after Kane came on as a substitute and pressured Jani Atanasov into scoring an own goal. “I’m pretty sure it was an own goal,” he added. “If anyone was going to get a second it was us. “We can be really proud of how the qualifying campaign has gone.” Kyle Walker captained England from the start, with Manchester City team-mate Rico Lewis making his debut a day before his 19th birthday. “I think after the qualifying we’ve had it was always going to be tough here but we dug in and got a point,” Walker told Channel 4. “It’s football. It’s been a short week, two games when we’ve already qualified. It’s no excuses, we know we should be taking three points from here but it’s something to work on for the future.” Lewis was harshly penalised for the penalty which led to North Macedonia’s opening goal. Enis Bardhi saw his spot-kick saved by Jordan Pickford but was first to the rebound to lash his side ahead “The man to my right has probably received an unfair decision there,” added Walker. “He deserves this cap and happy birthday for tomorrow.” Lewis said: “Overall I’m very happy – not with the decision that went against me – but I couldn’t have dreamed of anything better. I’m not really focused on any tournaments, just on myself and what I can do to get better.” Boss Gareth Southgate thought the penalty decision against Lewis was “really harsh”. “He was excellent,” Southgate told Channel 4. “His composure with the ball and the way he responded to that really harsh setback, he’s a super footballer and he was excellent.” It was not the end to the qualifying campaign Southgate wanted, but he added: “The really big results were in March against Italy and Ukraine. It meant coming here tonight was a completely different test. “I thought that given we had already qualified and everything had been achieved the mentality of the players was excellent. “The quality on the ball was good on a difficult pitch. Just that final pass or finish was difficult to find. But I thought there were lots of positive performances.” Read More Phil Taylor to retire from darts at the end of next year Everton’s 10-point penalty ‘grossly unjust’ and should be suspended, says MP Rob Page: Wales not entertaining Euro 2024 play-off talk before Turkey qualifier Mayor of Liverpool writes to Premier League over ‘excessive’ Everton penalty 5 talking points ahead of Republic of Ireland’s friendly against New Zealand Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds push on with Wrexham’s Racecourse Ground plans
2023-11-21 06:59

Haaland nets hat trick as Man City beats Fulham after disputed first-half goal
Erling Haaland scored a second-half hat trick as Manchester City extended its perfect start to the English Premier League with a 5-1 home victory over Fulham
2023-09-03 01:27

Valencia coach vows to fight ‘smears’ against club after Vinicius racist abuse
Valencia head coach Ruben Baraja has said his club will fight back against “smears” after they were handed a five-game partial stadium closure and hefty fine following the racist abuse aimed at Real Madrid forward Vinicius Junior. Speaking at a press conference, Baraja stressed he was “absolutely against racism”, but echoed Valencia’s earlier claim that the sanction was “unfair and disproportionate”, and added: “I am not going to allow the Valencia CF fans and Mestalla to be smeared with labels that do not represent us. “Just as a player rightly fights back against insults and I support that with all my might, we as a club and a fanbase rebel against those who, during the days since the game, have accused us of being what we are not.” Vinicius threatened to leave the pitch in the second half of Sunday’s LaLiga match at the Mestalla after being subjected to alleged monkey chants from the crowd and Real Madrid, who said the incident constituted a “hate crime”, filed a complaint with the Spanish State Attorney General’s Office. In response, Valencia have been ordered to shut the Mario Kempes south stand, where the alleged abuse happened, for five matches and have also been fined 45,000 euros (£39,000) by the Spanish football federation (RFEF). Reacting to that sanction, Valencia said in a strongly worded statement on Tuesday evening: “Valencia CF wishes to show its total disagreement and indignation at the unfair and disproportionate penalty imposed by the competition committee on the club with the closure of the stand for five games. “Valencia CF wants to publicly denounce that in this resolution of the RFEF competition committee they show evidence that contradicts what the national police and LaLiga say. “In addition, this sanction is based on evidence that the club has not been able to see and without giving us a hearing. “Valencia CF has condemned, condemns and will condemn in the most energetic way any act of racism or violence. These behaviours have no place in football or in society and we will continue to act in the most forceful way to eradicate this scourge. “For this reason, Valencia CF is collaborating from the first minute with the police and all relevant authorities to clarify the events that occurred last Sunday. “In addition, it has applied the maximum possible sanction with the expulsion for life from our stadium to the fans that the police have identified for their racist behaviour. “For this reason we consider that penalising and depriving all the fans who were not involved in these unfortunate incidents from seeing their team is a totally disproportionate, unfair and unprecedented measure against which we will fight. “The fight against racism requires the real commitment of all the parties involved without using it as a pretext to incur serious injustices. “Valencia CF will appeal to the last instance the closure of the stand, a sanction that it considers totally unfair and one more offence in the latest disciplinary decisions that have been taken against the club. Valencia CF asks for the utmost respect and rigour for our institution and fans.” In announcing the punishment against Valencia, the RFEF said in a statement: “The competition committee has sanctioned Valencia CF with the partial closure of the Mestalla stadium for five matches, more specifically the Mario Kempes south stand, following the events that occurred during the league match between the local team and Real Madrid CF. “It is considered proven that, as reflected by the referee in his minutes, there were racist shouts at Vinicius, a Real Madrid CF player, during the aforementioned match, altering the normal course of the match and considering the infractions very serious.” LaLiga players and officials called for racism to be tackled in Spain in the wake of Sunday’s match. Before Tuesday night’s games between Real Valladolid and Barcelona, and Celta Vigo and Girona, players from both sides, as well as the match officials, stood behind banners which read ‘Racism, out of football’. LaLiga shared a pre-match clip from the Celta-Girona game on its official Twitter account with the hashtag #JUNTOSContraElRacismo (#TOGETHERagainstRacism). The footage also showed a supporter holding up a placard with ‘No Al Racismo’ (No to Racism) written on it. There were similar sentiments at the Valladolid-Barcelona game as fans showed their support for Brazil international Vinicius. Barcelona forward Raphinha removed his shirt when substituted to show a message which read: “As long as the colour of the skin is more important than the brightness of the eyes, there will be war.” Vinicius was not included in Real’s 23-man squad for Wednesday night’s LaLiga match against Rayo Vallecano at the Bernabeu. The forward’s red card against Valencia had been rescinded by the RFEF but the 22-year-old did not train on Tuesday, with Real coach Carlo Ancelotti saying the winger had some discomfort in his knee. Read More Jordi Alba to leave Barcelona at end of season Valencia appeal stadium closure for racist chants and demand ‘respect’ for fans Valencia stadium partially shut after racist chants at Vinicius Jr ‘Powerless’ La Liga calls for radical change after Vinicius Jr racist abuse Real Madrid file hate crime complaint after Vinicius targeted by racist abuse Commentator sparks outrage for criticising Vinicius reaction to facing racist abuse
2023-05-24 22:23

Things to know about the Nobel Prizes
It’s that time of the year in Scandinavia when the wind turns colder, the days get shorter and academics in Stockholm and Oslo grab the world spotlight as they announce the winners of the Nobel Prizes
2023-09-30 12:57

Ukraine-Russia war - live: Putin ‘rehearses massive nuclear strike’ as drones strike near Khmelnytskyi plant
Vladimir Putin has tested Russia’s ability to launch a massive retaliatory nuclear strike as he pulled the country out of an international test ban treaty. “Practical launches of ballistic and cruise missiles took place during the training,” Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu said. A Yars intercontinental ballistic missile was fired in Russia’s far east, a nuclear-powered submarine launched a ballistic missile from the Barents sea, and long-range bombers test fired air-launched cruise missiles, according to the Kremlin. On Wednesday, Russia’s parliament unanimously approved legislation pulling the country out of the international Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, designed to limit the proliferation of nuclear weapon testing. It comes as a Russian drone attack damaged buildings near the Khmelnytskyi nuclear power plant in western Ukraine, wounding 20 people. The Ukrainian air force destroyed all 11 Russian drones, according to the military. Damage was caused by blast waves and falling debris. “At night, the enemy struck territory near the Khmelnytskyi nuclear power plant. As a result of the explosion, windows in administrative and laboratory buildings have been damaged,” Ukraine’s Energy Ministry said on the Telegram messaging app. Read More Russian drones likely targeted Khmelnytskyi nuclear power station, Zelensky says Business owners in a Ukrainian front-line city adapt even as 'a missile can come at any moment' Russian forces simulate nuclear strike as upper house rescinds ratification of test-ban treaty
2023-10-26 14:59
You Might Like...

NFL trade grades: Regrading the T.J. Hockenson deal after Vikings payday

The FAA is considering mandating technology to warn pilots before they land on the wrong runway

Arizona student seriously injured in 'promposal'-gone-wrong sues school for $1M

Hayley Williams Loves This Fancy French Beauty Brand, Too

Did Taylor Swift get boob job done? Here's what singer's fans speculate

Trump has a history of saying on tape things he may regret

UK Antitrust Chief Rejects Claim of Bowing to Microsoft Pressure

Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US Introduces the Simple Ductless Wired Controller