Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
What’s the longest hitting streak in MLB Playoffs history?
What’s the longest hitting streak in MLB Playoffs history?
Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte is close to breaking the record for the longest postseason hitting streak. Here's who holds the record.
2023-10-28 03:50
Luton Airport buses arrive in Ukraine to help fight war against Putin
Luton Airport buses arrive in Ukraine to help fight war against Putin
Buses from Luton Airport have arrived in Ukraine to help troops on the frontline in the war against Vladimir Putin. The buses, operated by Go-Ahead, were used until March this year to shuttle passengers between Luton Airport and the nearby railway station. They will now be used as rest areas for soldiers in Eastern Ukraine and to transport supplies for front-line troops after being donated to a charity supporting the Ukrainian war effort. Go-Ahead donated the vehicles to local charity, Swindon Humanitarian Aid Partnership, which provides vehicles to Ukraine that can be used as field hospitals and rest areas for troops or for transporting supplies. The buses, which still have their Luton Airport livery intact, will be fitted with shower and toilet facilities. One of the buses is likely to be used as a mobile exhibition in Ukraine showing the devastation brought about by the Russian onslaught, Go-Ahead said. A spokesperson for the company said: “These vehicles have done years of duty shuttling holidaymakers and suitcases. They’re now retired from airport duty and we’re glad they can be put to good use – as a small contribution to Ukraine’s war effort.” Last month, Sheffield-based bus firm First donated two buses to Ukraine, loaded with medical aid. Mercy mission organiser Craig George, of Ukraine UK Aid Volunteer Group, said they would be used by volunteer medics in freshly targeted areas. Read More ‘Our own front line’: Ukrainian surgeons see wave of wounded soldiers since counteroffensive began Ukraine’s defence minister submits resignation to Zelensky after biggest shake-up since invasion Ukraine war troop deaths and wounded nearing 500,000, say US officials
2023-09-05 00:18
Gareth Southgate hopes racist abuse suffered by Vinicius Junior forces change
Gareth Southgate hopes racist abuse suffered by Vinicius Junior forces change
Gareth Southgate believes the fight against racism in football may have reached a defining moment as the fall-out from the abuse levelled against Real Madrid’s Vinicius Junior in Valencia last weekend continues. The England boss has led calls for stricter punishment since his side came close to walking off the field after some players were subjected to racial abuse during a match in Bulgaria in 2019. Vinicius threatened to leave the pitch in the second half of Sunday’s LaLiga match at the Mestalla after being subjected to alleged monkey chants from the crowd and Real Madrid, who said the incident constituted a “hate crime”, filed a complaint with the Spanish State Attorney General’s Office. In response, Valencia were given a partial stadium ban for five matches plus a fine of 45,000 euros (£39,000) – a punishment the club called “totally disproportionate”, while Valencia head coach Ruben Baraja vowed to lead the fight back against what he described as “smears”. Southgate said: “It is a disgusting situation. I think it is so bad that it looks like it is going to force change. I am hoping there will be something positive to come from it. “If anyone suggests to me we don’t have a problem in society with racism then there is another example of what we are dealing with, and more examples of people burying their heads in the sand, quite frankly. “Hopefully it is a story that doesn’t just disappear in 24-48 hours without there being some significant change.” The action by the Spanish football federation (RFEF), who order that Valencia shut the Mario Kempes south stand, where the alleged abuse happened, for five matches, was strongly criticised by the club, who vowed to appeal. That criticism was echoed by Baraja in a prepared statement prior to a press conference on Wednesday, in which he stressed he was “absolutely against racism”, but added: “I am not going to allow the Valencia CF fans and Mestalla to be smeared with labels that do not represent us. “Just as a player rightly fights back against insults and I support that with all my might, we as a club and a fanbase rebel against those who, during the days since the game, have accused us of being what we are not.” Earlier, Valencia had issued a robust statement against the ruling, saying: “Valencia CF wishes to show its total disagreement and indignation at the unfair and disproportionate penalty imposed by the competition committee on the club with the closure of the stand for five games. “Valencia CF wants to publicly denounce that in this resolution of the RFEF competition committee they show evidence that contradicts what the national police and LaLiga say. “In addition, this sanction is based on evidence that the club has not been able to see and without giving us a hearing. Valencia CF will appeal to the last instance the closure of the stand, a sanction that it considers totally unfair and one more offense in the latest disciplinary decisions that have been taken against the club Valencia official statement “Valencia CF has condemned, condemns and will condemn in the most energetic way any act of racism or violence. These behaviours have no place in football or in society and we will continue to act in the most forceful way to eradicate this scourge. “For this reason, Valencia CF is collaborating from the first minute with the police and all relevant authorities to clarify the events that occurred last Sunday. “In addition, it has applied the maximum possible sanction with the expulsion for life from our stadium to the fans that the police have identified for their racist behaviour. “For this reason we consider that penalising and depriving all the fans who were not involved in these unfortunate incidents from seeing their team is a totally disproportionate, unfair and unprecedented measure against which we will fight. “The fight against racism requires the real commitment of all the parties involved without using it as a pretext to incur serious injustices. “Valencia CF will appeal to the last instance the closure of the stand, a sanction that it considers totally unfair and one more offence in the latest disciplinary decisions that have been taken against the club. Valencia CF asks for the utmost respect and rigour for our institution and fans.” In announcing the punishment against Valencia, the RFEF said in a statement: “The competition committee has sanctioned Valencia CF with the partial closure of the Mestalla stadium for five matches, more specifically the Mario Kempes south stand, following the events that occurred during the league match between the local team and Real Madrid CF. “It is considered proven that, as reflected by the referee in his minutes, there were racist shouts at Vinicius, a Real Madrid CF player, during the aforementioned match, altering the normal course of the match and considering the infractions very serious.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Jos Buttler excited to be part of Lancashire’s Vitality Blast campaign No regrets for Eddie Jones as he relishes Twickenham return with Barbarians LTA’s fine for banning players contributes to operating losses of £9.5million
2023-05-24 22:53
Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town LIVE: Championship team news, line-ups and more
Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town LIVE: Championship team news, line-ups and more
Follow live coverage as Rotherham United face Ipswich Town in the Championship today. An increasingly competitive second tier in English football remains an intense and exciting competition, with the prize of a place in the Premier League on offer at the end of the season. Last year Southampton, Leicester City and Leeds United were relegated from the top flight and all are hopeful of making a quick return - but the likes of Norwich City, West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland all have real promotion ambitions too. At the other end of the table, QPR, Cardiff City and Birmingham City will hope for better campaigns than last year’s relegation struggle - while newcomers Sheffield Wednesday will be looking to survive after dramatic progress through the play-offs. Follow live updates from today’s game in the live blog below.
2023-10-21 02:25
India's RBI holds rates; signals tight policy on inflation worries
India's RBI holds rates; signals tight policy on inflation worries
By Swati Bhat and Sudipto Ganguly MUMBAI (Reuters) -The Reserve Bank of India kept its key lending rate steady for
2023-10-06 16:16
CM Punk: WWE star makes shock return at Survivor Series
CM Punk: WWE star makes shock return at Survivor Series
After an acrimonious split with the company in 2014, the 45-year-old returns at an event in Chicago.
2023-11-26 18:54
Stricter state laws are chipping away at sex education in K-12 schools
Stricter state laws are chipping away at sex education in K-12 schools
Many states are shifting their approach to sex education in K-12 schools with stricter regulations on when and what students learn about their bodies
2023-10-06 16:26
Gauff battles into US Open second round
Gauff battles into US Open second round
American teenager Coco Gauff battled into the second round of the US Open on Monday with a stormy three-set victory...
2023-08-29 10:21
New Low-cost Catalyst Helps Produce Environmentally Sustainable Hydrogen From Water
New Low-cost Catalyst Helps Produce Environmentally Sustainable Hydrogen From Water
LEMONT, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 30, 2023--
2023-05-31 04:25
Phillies slugger Bryce Harper tosses helmet into stands after ejection by Ángel Hernández
Phillies slugger Bryce Harper tosses helmet into stands after ejection by Ángel Hernández
Phillies first baseman Bryce Harper was ejected in the third inning against Pittsburgh following a furious outburst toward third base umpire Ángel Hernández on a checked strike three
2023-09-29 10:20
Is Burnley vs Manchester City on TV? How to watch Premier League opener
Is Burnley vs Manchester City on TV? How to watch Premier League opener
The Premier League returns with a clash of champions as Manchester City begin the defence of their title with a trip to face newly promoted Burnley. The Lancashire club sealed a return to the top flight by cruising to Championship triumph last season under the management of Vincent Kompany. Kompany will have chance to re-acquaint himself with old friends as he takes charge of his first game in the English top division against a side he captained for so long. Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City could become the first team to win four successive Premier League titles if they retain their crown this season. Here’s everything you need to know: When is Burnley vs Manchester City? Burnley vs Manchester City is due to kick off at 8pm BST on Friday 11 August at Turf Moor in Burnley. How can I watch it? The Premier League season opener will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football, with coverage on the channels from 6.30pm BST. Subscribers can stream the game via Sky Go. Team news Burnley continue to search for further reinforcements in the transfer market but could hand competitive debuts to a number of summer signings. That might include goalkeeper James Trafford, signed from Manchester City during the summer after impressing for Bolton last season. Pep Guardiola not thought to have any fresh concerns after the Community Shield, though Nathan Ake is still recovering from a knock and is a doubt. Kevin de Bruyne made an appearance from the bench at Wembley and could be fit enough to start. Predicted line-ups Burnley XI: Trafford; Roberts, O’Shea, Beyer, Taylor; Cullen, Brownhill; Redmond, Gudmundsson, Zaroury; Amdouni Manchester City XI: Ederson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Akanji; De Bruyne, Rodri, Kovacic; Silva, Haaland, Grealish Odds Burnley win 10/1 Draw 5/1 Manchester City win 4/13 Prediction Burnley are beaten in their first game back in the Premier League. Burnley 1-3 Manchester City Read More The factors which could stop Man City making Premier League history Inspired appointment Vincent Kompany repaying Burnley’s gamble The Mikel Arteta transfer gambles that will shape Arsenal’s season Football rumours: Manchester City identify Jeremy Doku as Mahrez replacement Pep Guardiola expects Man City’s standards ‘to drop’ this season Harry Kane has fantasy managers on tenterhooks – Thursday’s sporting social
2023-08-11 14:59
U.S. to send $250 million in weapons to Ukraine
U.S. to send $250 million in weapons to Ukraine
The Biden administration will send an additional $250 million in weapons and ammunition to Ukraine as part of its ongoing support of Kyiv's counteroffensive
2023-08-30 02:28