
India shares video proof of its phenomenal moon landing and rover
The world celebrated India on its historic moon landing Wednesday, as it became the first
2023-08-26 18:55

Pelicans vs. Warriors prediction and odds for NBA Summer League (Warriors undervalued)
The Golden State Warriors will play their fourth game of the summer on Sunday when they take on Dyson Daniels and the New Orleans Pelicans.New Orleans lost its opener in the Las Vegas Summer League against the Minnesota Timberwolves, shooting just 7-for-28 from beyond the arc.Golden State dr...
2023-07-10 01:47

UK bans recreational use of nitrous oxide
Possessing laughing gas to get a psychoactive high became illegal in Britain on Wednesday, with serial offenders facing up to two years in prison and...
2023-11-08 09:16

Mother expected to plead guilty after her 6-year-old son used her gun to shoot his Virginia teacher
The mother a 6-year-old who shot his teacher in Virginia is expected to plead guilty after her son used her gun in the classroom shooting
2023-08-15 13:26

Two Trump codefendants ask judge to sever their trials from former president
Two of Donald Trump’s codefendants in his Georgia election subversion case have asked the judge to sever their trials from the rest of the accused – including the former president. Lawyers Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro have both requested speedy trials in the case. On Wednesday, they each formally requested that their cases be separated from the wider indictment, something that – if granted – would prevent Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from holding one trial for all 19 defendants at once. DA Willis previously revealed her plans to hold one trial for all the accused this October. In requesting speedy trials, Georgia state law now requires Ms Powell and Mr Chesebro’s trials to begin before early November. Judge Scott McAfee has already ordered Mr Chesebro’s trial to start on 23 October, while Ms Powell’s request is pending. Mr Trump is against such a hasty timeline, employing his longtime legal tactic of attempting to slow things down and drag out the process until after the 2024 election. But now, if the cases are severed, this could lead to delays in a wider trial for the remaining defendants, including Mr Trump. The requests from Ms Powell and Mr Chesebro mark the first attempts from the defendants to try to break up the massive case into smaller individual trials. Their respective motions were filed on Wednesday as the defendants and the prosecution work to set the framework for the process. Mr Trump’s lawyers have also said that they want the former president’s case to be severed from the rest of the defendants, but they haven’t yet filed a motion to do so. Ms Powell and Mr Chesebro both deny all wrongdoing in the case. In her filing, lawyers for Ms Powell said that she “did not represent President Trump or the Trump campaign” in connection to the 2020 election and didn’t have an “engagement agreement” with Mr Trump or his campaign. “She appears on no pleadings for Trump or the Campaign,” the lawyers wrote. “She appeared in no courtrooms or hearings for Trump or the Campaign. She had no contact with most of her purported conspirators and rarely agreed with those she knew or spoke with.” Her insistence comes despite Mr Trump saying in the middle of November 2020, shortly after he lost the election, that he had “added” Ms Powell to his “great team” of attorneys working on legal challenges to the election results. When Ms Powell subsequently shared bizarre conspiracy theories that millions of votes had been flipped in an international plot to take down Mr Trump, his campaign removed her from the legal team and announced that she was “practising law on her own”. Now, her lawyers have also tried to distance herself from the other attorneys charged in the Georgia case, saying that she “went her own way” following the 2020 election and that “many of her purported coconspirators publicly shunned and disparaged Ms Powell beginning in November 2020”. The filing also argued that her legal career had shown her adherence to “integrity” and “the rule of law” while pushing the baseless claim amplified by many on the right that retired General Michael Flynn was the subject of “charges completely concocted against him by a politicized FBI”. Also on Wednesday, Mr Chesebro’s lawyers requested that the judge push Ms Willis to “disclose” the names of the 30 unindicted co-conspirators included in the indictment. Mr Chesebro was behind Mr Trump’s plan to put forward fake electors to win the electoral college and he argued that he needs the identities of the individuals in order to prepare his defence in the case. On Wednesday morning, Ms Willis filed a motion requesting that Judge McAfee advise the defendants in the case of the consequences of requesting a speedy trial, noting the demands on their procedural and evidentiary rights. “By filing their speedy trial demands in this case, the Defendants have personally, willfully and deliberately narrowed numerous options that would otherwise be available to them under Georgia law,” the filing states. Read More Trump threatens to ‘lock up’ rivals if he wins 2024 race as he’s accused of inflating wealth by $2bn – live Trump inflated his net worth by as much as $2.2bn, New York attorney general says Trump posts a staggering 31 videos ranting at political opponents in one day
2023-08-31 22:52

Sebastian Vettel refuses to rule out return to Formula 1
Sebastian Vettel refused to rule out a return to F1 when questioned about the likelihood of a dramatic comeback. The four-time world champion retired at the end of the 2022 season after two years of frustration at Aston Martin. The finale to his stay in the sport was a far-cry from the glory years, namely with Red Bull with four straight titles from 2010-2013, as well as championship tilts with Ferrari. But Vettel, 36, admits he “can’t exclude” the prospect of a return in the future, when asked by Sky F1’s Martin Brundle whether he would return to the grid in a similar manner to the likes of Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen. "I can’t say no, because that you don’t know," the German said. "I think it’s something that if you asked all of them, probably some of them would have said ‘no’. And some of them I don’t know, but in the end all of them came back, so I can’t exclude it. "It probably will depend much on when, and obviously it’s not endless, because 36 is not like, ‘yeah in 10 years’ time’. "Maybe I think about it then time has passed but it will depend on the challenge, whatever, but it’s not in my head right now.” A 53-time race winner, Vettel made his F1 debut in 2007 before claiming his first victory at Monza with Toro Rosso in 2008. Yet his last three seasons in the sport – one with Ferrari, two with Aston Martin – saw him finish 13th, 12th and 12th again in the Driver Standings, though did see him take on roles as a climate activist and LGBTQ+ rights campaigner. "I’m enjoying the sort of outlook of the challenge of what to do next,” Vettel added. “It will be the way I see it, the biggest challenge for any racing driver and the biggest challenge for any sportsman, sportswoman, what do you do after? "Because naturally you will be like 30-35, 40-45 - depending on your sport and discipline. And then what? "There’s a lot of life left and life can be great even though you’re not racing, you know, the absolute limit in the fastest car in the world, but you can still do lots of great things that give you great pleasure." Vettel was speaking to Sky ahead of this weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix, where the German won his final race of his F1 career in 2019. Read More Farewell Sebastian Vettel, a four-time F1 champion who stood for something bigger than racing How does Max Verstappen’s win-streak compare to fellow record-holder Sebastian Vettel’s? Alfa Romeo confirm driver line-up for 2024 F1 season F1 Singapore Grand Prix: When is practice on Friday at Marina Bay? Red Bull chief apologises to Sergio Perez over ‘offensive remark’
2023-09-14 19:45

Springboks go with Kolbe, Arendse on wings to start Rugby World Cup defense vs. Scotland
South Africa has selected Cheslin Kolbe and Kurt-Lee Arendse on the wings for the opening game of its Rugby World Cup title defense against Scotland
2023-09-07 03:53

Murray beats Nakajima in ATP Washington opener
Andy Murray held firm in a 7-6 (7/5), 6-4 victory over Brandon Nakashima in the ATP hardcourt tournament in Washington on Wednesday, the British great's first match since...
2023-08-03 07:29

Newly approved US flights by Chinese airlines avoid Russian airspace
By David Shepardson WASHINGTON Chinese airlines are avoiding flying over Russian airspace in newly approved flights to and
2023-06-02 11:52

ECB’s Vujcic Says Inflation Risks Are Still Tilted to Upside
European Central Bank Governing Council member Boris Vujcic said the surge in consumer prices is only slowly abating,
2023-06-05 15:49

How to help those affected by the Morocco earthquake
International aid groups have mobilized in Morocco where a 6.8 magnitude earthquake Friday night has killed 2,681 and injured more than 2,500
2023-09-12 05:16

Reuters NEXT-UN chief says Gaza deaths show something 'wrong' with Israel operation
By Alessandra Galloni NEW YORK United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said on Wednesday that the number of civilians
2023-11-08 23:55
You Might Like...

Tony Awards 2023: See who won

A teacher was shot by her 6-year-old student. Is workers' compensation enough?

KSI or iShowSpeed: Which influencer is richer and has higher net worth?

After outrage over Taylor Swift tickets, reforms has been slow across the US

Police issue warrants after large 'physical altercation' on Alabama dock

‘Morning Joe’ host Joe Scarborough mocked as he advises GOP to ‘free itself’ from Donald Trump

Who is Lynn Williams' boyfriend? Inside the soccer star's relationship with former basketball athlete Marley Biyendolo

Anthony Gordon on target as Newcastle edge Premier League victory over Man Utd