Hyrra Features the Latest and Most Talked-About Topstories News and Headlines from Around the World.
⎯ 《 Hyrra • Com 》
Foreign tourism to Portugal registers best-ever first half
Foreign tourism to Portugal registers best-ever first half
LISBON The number of foreign tourists visiting Portugal surpassed eight million in January-June, making it the best first
2023-08-14 20:21
North Korea's Kim calls for military readiness against any provocations
North Korea's Kim calls for military readiness against any provocations
SEOUL North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has called for the military's readiness to respond to any provocation
2023-12-01 06:51
How did Vonviddy die? Social media influencer Joe Muchlinski shares haunting farewell video before death
How did Vonviddy die? Social media influencer Joe Muchlinski shares haunting farewell video before death
In the video, Joe Muchlinski expressed how he wanted to be remembered and thanked his fans for their support
2023-08-24 01:59
Heaviest animal ever? Scientists discover massive ancient whale
Heaviest animal ever? Scientists discover massive ancient whale
Look out, blue whale -- there's a new contender for...
2023-08-03 05:22
Sorority says rules allow transgender woman at Wyoming chapter, and a court can't interfere
Sorority says rules allow transgender woman at Wyoming chapter, and a court can't interfere
A sorority being sued because its University of Wyoming chapter admitted a transgender woman seeks to dismiss the lawsuit, saying sorority rules allow the woman's membership and a court can't interfere with that
2023-06-22 03:27
Harry Maguire has Manchester United captaincy taken off him by Erik ten Hag
Harry Maguire has Manchester United captaincy taken off him by Erik ten Hag
Harry Maguire has confirmed he is no longer Manchester United captain following talks with manager Erik ten Hag. It was reported earlier this month that Ten Hag was ready to remove Maguire from the role after the England defender’s limited appearances under the Dutchman last season. The central defender made just eight Premier League starts, leading to ongoing speculation over his future at Old Trafford. Maguire wrote on Twitter: “After discussions with the manager today he has informed me he is changing captain. “He outlined his reasons to me and whilst I’m personally extremely disappointed, I will continue to give my all every time I wear the shirt. “So I wanted to say a massive thank you to the Manchester United fans for all their brilliant support whilst I’ve been wearing the armband. “Since the day I took on the role, three and half years ago, it’s been a huge privilege to lead Manchester United and one of the proudest moments of my career to date. “It’s one of the greatest honours in club football. I’ve done everything I possibly could to help United be successful – on and off the field. “I will always be grateful to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for first giving me the responsibility and I wish whoever now takes it on every success and they will have my full support. Harry.” In Maguire’s absence from the side last season, Bruno Fernandes was most frequently appointed captain and the Portugal midfielder is expected to be given the permanent role. Maguire has made over 170 appearances for United since being signed from Leicester for £80million in 2019. The England regular has been linked with a move to West Ham in recent days.
2023-07-17 00:17
Exclusive: Blinken speaks by phone with Paul Whelan, who is wrongfully detained in Russia
Exclusive: Blinken speaks by phone with Paul Whelan, who is wrongfully detained in Russia
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken spoke by phone on Wednesday with wrongfully detained American Paul Whelan, who is being held in a remote prison camp in Russia, a source familiar told CNN.
2023-08-17 04:19
Gov. DeSantis and Florida surgeon general warn against new COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine
Gov. DeSantis and Florida surgeon general warn against new COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is criticizing efforts across the U.S. to tamp down a recent jump in COVID-19 cases through temporary restrictions or masking
2023-09-08 00:15
Luis Diaz: Search for Liverpool star’s abducted father sees Colombian police search cloud forest
Luis Diaz: Search for Liverpool star’s abducted father sees Colombian police search cloud forest
A search for Liverpool star Luis Diaz’s father has seen police air and land patrols search a cloud forest in northern Colombia on Monday. The winger’s father was kidnapped over the weekend along with the player’s mother, with Fifa sending “support and prayers” to the player’s family. The couple were at a gas station in the small town of Barrancas on Saturday when they were abducted by armed men on motorcycles. Diaz's mother, Cilenis Marulanda, was rescued within hours by police that set up roadblocks around the town of 40,000 people, which is near Colombia's border with Venezuela. But his father, Luis Manuel Díaz, remained missing. On Monday, special forces searched a mountain range that straddles both countries and is covered by cloud forest. Police also offered a $48,0000 reward for information leading to Diaz’s father. Officials said they did not rule out the possibility that the elder Díaz could have been smuggled into Venezuela, where he would be beyond the reach of Colombian police. Díaz is one of the most talented players on Colombia’s national team and currently plays for Liverpool in the English Premier League, which he joined last year in a deal worth $67 million. The 26-year-old striker was absent from Liverpool’s match against Nottingham Forest on Sunday. Díaz's teammates expressed their solidarity with the Colombian by holding up one of his jerseys on the pitch after scoring the team’s first goal in their 3-0 victory. The abduction of Díaz’s parents comes as kidnappings for ransom and extortion of businesses increase in Colombia despite efforts by the nation’s first left-wing government to broker ceasefires with rebel groups. Criminals and rebel groups in the country have long kidnapped civilians for ransom in order to finance their operations. So far, none of the armed groups operating in Colombia has claimed responsibility for kidnapping Diaz’s parents. Read More FIFA sends ‘support and prayers’ to Luis Diaz as search for his father continues Major military search begins after kidnapping of Luis Diaz’s father The sporting weekend in pictures
2023-10-31 16:58
France’s iPhone 12 ban could spread across Europe, regulators say
France’s iPhone 12 ban could spread across Europe, regulators say
France’s ban of iPhone 12 sales due to radiation fears could have Europe-wide implications, regulators in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands have warned. Apple will have to recall all iPhone 12 phones in France if corrective updates do not work, the country’s National Frequency Agency (ANFR) said on Tuesday, after tests revealed electromagnetic radiation that was 40 per cent above the legal limit. On Wednesday, the Dutch digital watchdog said it was looking into the ANFR report and is seeking an explanation from the US tech giant. “A norm has been exceeded. Fortunately, there is no acute safety risk but we will very shortly have a talk with producer,” Angeline van Dijk, an inspector with the Nederlandse Rijksinspectie Digitale Infrastructuur (RDI), told the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad. “The Netherlands attaches as much importance as France to safe use of mobile phones. Mobile phones must comply with European norms.” Belgium and Germany followed with statements of their own on Thursday, with network regulators saying that the French procedure could have a guiding function for the whole of Europe. The Independent has reached out to Apple for comment. Jean-Noel Barrot, France’s junior minister for digital economy, said on Tuesday that the ANFR’s data would be shared with other EU member states, potentially leading to a “snowball effect” for Apple. “Apple is expected to respond within two weeks,” he told the French newspaper Le Parisien. “If they fail to do so, I am prepared to order a recall of all iPhones 12 in circulation. The rule is the same for everyone, including the digital giants.” The iPhone 12 series of smartphones were already set to be discontinued following the unveiling of the iPhone 15 on Tuesday, meaning any sales ban would not have a significant impact on Apple’s phone sales. A continent-wide recall would have considerable implications for the world’s richest company, however, if a solution is not found. Read More iPhone 15: Everything Apple killed off at its major live event Everything Apple killed off at iPhone 15 event The iPhone has gone all grown-up. Here’s why we should be grateful Why Apple getting rid of lightning cable iPhone charger is a big deal
2023-09-14 17:22
The Three Biggest Letters in Carbon Removal Are MRV
The Three Biggest Letters in Carbon Removal Are MRV
Last year, a group of Norwegian auditors touched down in a remote corner of Iceland to meet with
2023-06-30 09:28
US and western officials see signs Ukraine's counteroffensive is beginning
US and western officials see signs Ukraine's counteroffensive is beginning
US and western officials see signs that Ukraine's long-awaited counteroffensive against Russia is beginning and have noted a "substantial increase in fighting" in the east of the country over the last 48 hours as Ukrainian troops probe for weaknesses in Russian defensive lines, a senior NATO official said on Tuesday.
2023-06-07 02:22