
Dolphins return Fail Mary for TD to sum up Jets’ misery: Best memes and tweets
The New York Jets were trolled on social media after a Hail Mary attempt by quarterback Tim Boyle was returned by the Miami Dolphins for a touchdown in Week 12.
2023-11-25 06:53

Long wait for freedom: Afghan refugees in limbo in Pakistan
Abdullah was a well-known public figure in Afghanistan, a journalist and university lecturer respected by...
2023-11-30 12:48

'America's Got Talent' Season 19: Auditions underway for talented hopefuls across the world
Viewers should expect 'AGT' Season 19 to premiere somewhere in mid-2024, based on release dates of previous seasons
2023-09-28 11:27

Joe Lycett confirms Turdcast podcast is fake as he calls on water companies to take 'poo promise'
Fans already had their suspicions after Joe Lycett mysteriously cancelled plans for his new podcast, named Turdcast, on Friday, and now the Birmingham funnyman has confirmed that the planned audio series - and reports of a sewage “spillage” – was part of a much wider stunt calling on water companies to do more to address the sewage scandal. Last week, Lycett announced he was launching the “ploppy poddy” in which guests talk about their “toilet habits”, and even told indy100 that he’d love to have author Dr Giulia Enders on the podcast, implying it was actually a real project from the Got Your Back star. His first guest was supposedly Gary Lineker. There was even a launch event scheduled for Thursday – a day before the supposed release of the first episode - at Liverpool’s Royal Albert Dock, in which Lycett attempted to erect a giant inflatable toilet known as ‘The Turdis’ and interview the general public about their toilet stories. However, the publicity stunt had to be cancelled early “due to a technical issue” with the inflatable object, and windy conditions didn’t help with its inflation, either. A spokesperson released a statement which claimed that “a mechanical fault occurred with a portable toilet which saw a small spillage occur”. “This was immediately dealt with by the support team on hand to ensure there was no impact on the water into which the spillage occurred. “However, the event was cancelled with immediate effect as it was not possible for members of the public to use the toilet as planned. We apologise to disappointed fans hoping to attend,” they said. Lycett himself later put out his own statement on social media on Friday morning, in which he revealed the dramatic decision to “cancel the podcast indefinitely”, as it would be “inappropriate” to launch Turdcast off the back of the “ongoing investigation into the sewage spilled into the waters”. “I’d like to reiterate that it was entirely safe and managed by the team very swiftly. I’ll be releasing more information in due course,” he added. Well, that came on Saturday, when Lycett shared a video statement from “Miss Sue Idge” confirming that “of course” he didn’t spill raw sewage” and that it was instead another stunt to “get people talking about the big issues”. He continued: “I’m not spilling s*** in public everywhere. Who do you think I am, GB News? “No, it was fake sewage, from a fake toilet, to promote a fake podcast. Turdcast was never real, although we did record a real one with the real Gary Lineker. “It would have been better to use a fake Gary Lineker because we would have saved a lot of money on his day rate.” Lycett explained that his fake sewage was to get people talking about the “real sewage” being spilled by water companies every year, and that an hour-long special on water companies will air on Channel 4 next year. “Last year, according to one analysis, £1.4 billion in dividends was paid out to shareholders of the water companies – that’s a lot of money that could be used to improve the sewage network and reduce spills. “So I want the water companies to stop paying dividends, and invest that money in improving and solving this problem,” he said. He then called on viewers and fans to go to a website and email their water company, calling on them to sign up to “Joe’s Poo Promise” – lovely alliteration. Lycett has since been branded a “genius” and “national treasure” over the campaign: And it’s not the first dramatic stunt which Lycett has pulled off, as he pretended to shred £10,000 in protest at David Beckham being an ambassador for the 2022 Qatar World Cup, and created an elaborate four-year stunt which “infuriated” MPs and formed the basis of his most recent stand-up show, More, More, More! Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-11-25 20:52

Lebanon mourns blast victims after three years with no accountability
By Maya Gebeily BEIRUT Lebanon on Friday mourned those killed in the port blast that devastated Beirut three
2023-08-04 17:57

Five victims of deadly Philadelphia shooting identified
Five victims, including one teenager, who were killed during a mass shooting in Philadelphia have been identified by police. Four adult men and one child were killed during the shooting which took place in Kingsessing on Monday evening. The victims are Lashyd Merritt, 20, Dymir Stanton, 29, Ralph Moralis, 59, Joseph Wamah Jr, 31, and Daujan Brown, 15. Police said two children were also injured as a result of the shooting – a 13-year-old and a two-year-old. As of Monday evening, both children were in stable condition. The names of the two injured have not been released yet. The tragic shooting unfolded on Monday evening after a gunman, armed with an AR-15-style rifle, a handgun, multiple magazines and wearing a bulletproof vest opened fire in a neighbourhood. Police responded to reports of gunfire around 8.30pm local time and apprehended the suspected shooter after pursuing him on foot. The suspected shooter, an adult male, was taken into custody Monday night. Local authorities later took another suspect into custody but said they were unsure how the second suspect may be connected to the suspected gunman. In a press conference on Monday night, police commissioner Danielle Outlaw said authorities had “no idea” why the suspected gunman chose to open fire in the neighbourhood. Police were working to determine if the suspected shooter had any connection to the victims. Philadelphia mayor Jim Kenney expressed frustration over the tragic shooting on Tuesday saying the United States needs to “re-examine” how it approaches gun laws. “Where does a person like this get an AR-15,” Mr Kenney said to reporters before the city’s Fourth of July celebrations on Tuesday. “Where does a person like this get a semi-automatic handgun? Where does a person like this buy a Kevlar vest?” “This country needs to re-examine its conscious when it comes to Congress or the state legislature and figure out how we get these guns out of these people’s hands,” Mr Kenney added. President Joe Biden also issued a statement on the shooting saying he and First Lady Jill Bien are grieving for the victims and their families while asking Congress to enact stricter gun control l aws. Mr Biden said: “We pray for the day when our communities will be free from gun violence.” Read More Philadelphia mass shooting – live: Five victims identified as 40-year-old Kingsessing gunman’s motive unclear Biden renews call for assault weapons ban after ‘tragic and senseless’ spate of July 4 shootings Five adults dead and two children wounded: What we know about mass shooting in Philadelphia
2023-07-05 02:57

How to save for a longer lifespan
By Chris Taylor NEW YORK If you have reached age 65 and are reading this, you are likely
2023-08-30 18:18

Tom Sandoval spotted talking on phone with Raquel Leviss amid breakup reports
Tom Sandoval's phone screen reportedly showed a call duration of over ten minutes
2023-05-30 06:29

Jordi Alba: 'The problem at Barcelona wasn't me'
Jordi Alba reveals he has left Barcelona with a 'clear conscience'. The Spaniard agreed to mutually terminate his contract a year early after 11 years at Camp Nou.
2023-06-16 04:18

From movies to marionettes: an actor swims against the tide
Award-winning Belgian film actor Bouli Lanners tenderly applies the final brushstrokes to a traditional wooden puppet he is working on in the cellar...
2023-10-28 15:27

Louisiana's tough-on-crime governor-elect announces new leaders of state police, national guard
Louisiana Republican Gov.-elect Jeff Landry has announced steps that he says are aimed at fulfilling a promise to prioritize fighting crime in the state
2023-11-30 09:50

Australia mushroom deaths: Memorial for couple draws hundreds
Don and Gail Patterson died days after a beef Wellington lunch cooked by their former daughter-in-law.
2023-08-31 17:56
You Might Like...

Kim Kardashian gets slammed online as she shares video of 'tasteless' Halloween decor featuring skulls and bones

Romanian man jailed in UK for Vietnamese migrants deaths

Report: 9th person saved from a collapsed Iowa apartment building after city officials had made plans to begin demolition

Scorching heat fuels calls for worker protections

Reds eliminated in game 161 during 15-6 loss to Cardinals

China's Yin Ruoning becomes women's golf world number one

'Wheel of Fortune' host Pat Sajak lashes out at contestant Robert Degnan for banging game panel after wrong guess

Kenin upsets Ostapenko to advance at WTA Guadalajara